Check your account email address ×

Tunnel bag mounting options

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

I use to always wear a small spot of paint off the tunnel from my boots.  Friend of mine that does wraps gave me a roll of clear vinyl that he uses for painted bumpers to prevent stone clips that works good.  Also used this on top of the tunnel underneath a tunnel bag.

I was going to buy small vinyl wrap to cover the rear tunnel, and protect it from tunnel bag wear, but went a different route this year.  One Rig Design  setup:  https://www.onerigdesign.com/product-page/1rig-rack-tunnel-rack-cargo-system
image.png.9490dfa34b9c7e2df93ac6319914bfba.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Is that one rig rack only contacting where it screws into the t channels?

I am toying with either the Linq or Kimpex but hadn't see a Linq rack that looks like it would keep the bag completely off the tunnel until that one...

Curious on that system also.  Heard some guys saying their sled runs warmer with some tunnel bags and with an air gap that work help with cooling.

On my wife's sled we just have the small tunnel bag.

Screenshot_20231025_153023_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have it yet ... it's a pre-order.  But the way it's described, yes - it secures to the tunnel using the t-slot channel and it sits above the tunnel.  And yeah, it's compatible with multiple bag styles (including LinQ).

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Email from OneRig this past week ... the racks are shipping out these next 2 weeks.  I'll be adding that install to go with putting my skid back together with the Wenzlaff shock upgrades, the Rox handguards, and shimming the skis.  Man, a guy doesn't really think about how much procrastination is done until it's November!! LOL

On 10/25/2023 at 4:23 PM, Deephaven said:

Is that one rig rack only contacting where it screws into the t channels?

I am toying with either the Linq or Kimpex but hadn't see a Linq rack that looks like it would keep the bag completely off the tunnel until that one...

I run the whiteout technologies linq adapta link on my xc. They attach by the T slots and the bag sits on the plates. no drilling was required 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I run the whiteout technologies linq adapta link on my xc. They attach by the T slots and the bag sits on the plates. no drilling was required 

Do those keep the bag completely off the tunnel?  I like how minimal they are.

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I wonder how similar that is to the OneRig design?  Sounds almost identical.  The plate doesn't actually make contact with the tunnel - there's a small gap - which ultimately  prevents the bag from scuffing the tunnel.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:04 PM, XCR INDY said:

I have these South Simcoe Machine Linq adapter brkts on one of my XCR’s. Made in Canada. They have worked as advertised and keep the bag off the tunnel.  

IMG_4480.jpeg

Those look a lot like the Kimpex brackets I had last year.  They work well :thumbsup:

On 11/5/2023 at 6:56 AM, Bontz said:

I wonder how similar that is to the OneRig design?  Sounds almost identical.  The plate doesn't actually make contact with the tunnel - there's a small gap - which ultimately  prevents the bag from scuffing the tunnel.

White out was the original and mounts way cleaner than that big ass rack systems the other companies use.

On 11/5/2023 at 3:44 AM, Deephaven said:

Do those keep the bag completely off the tunnel?  I like how minimal they are.

They aren’t very thick so it should hold the bag just off the tunnel. I had a plastic bottom sled solutions bag when I ran it on my cat so it didn’t touch the tunnel. A soft bottom bag might be a different story.

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Talked to white out a couple days ago. They are making some things that will mount to the new catalyst mounts. As soon as they get their sleds they will start making them. 

My memory sucks ... is White Out the place that Nick P. came up with?  Nick, being the former "kid" who helped create HCS with Rob and/or Dan way back in the day?

EDIT:  I found their website and looked at the "About Us" info ... yep, it's Nick.

Edited by Bontz

On 11/12/2023 at 7:03 AM, Bontz said:

My memory sucks ... is White Out the place that Nick P. came up with?  Nick, being the former "kid" who helped create HCS with Rob and/or Dan way back in the day?

EDIT:  I found their website and looked at the "About Us" info ... yep, it's Nick.

Yes and I wouldn’t call him a kid now lol. There are a few other people involved in it and I don’t think that is his main job. I have met him several times and have kept in touch with him over the years. They run a good business. 

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Yes and I wouldn’t call him a kid now lol. There are a few other people involved in it and I don’t think that is his main job. I have met him several times and have kept in touch with him over the years. They run a good business. 

Yeah, I guess it's hard to get the image of him out of my mind from 20 years ago (when he really seemed like a .... very young man).  He's probably in his 40's now I'm guessing, and I do know he was the type who always took great care of his stuff.  So I'm not surprised in the least they've got a good thing going for themselves.  I should have looked at them before I pulled the trigger on the One Rig setup, but I just kinda assumed all they built was Cat stuff.  Which goes to show, don't assume anything! :bc:

On 11/14/2023 at 5:07 AM, Bontz said:

Yeah, I guess it's hard to get the image of him out of my mind from 20 years ago (when he really seemed like a .... very young man).  He's probably in his 40's now I'm guessing, and I do know he was the type who always took great care of his stuff.  So I'm not surprised in the least they've got a good thing going for themselves.  I should have looked at them before I pulled the trigger on the One Rig setup, but I just kinda assumed all they built was Cat stuff.  Which goes to show, don't assume anything! :bc:

Yeah he is probably 40 something. I am 41 now and I think he is a little bit older than me. They originally were just cat stuff and expanded a few years ago. And when i say a few it was probably 10 years ago now as time flies.