Check your account email address ×

Poo recalls 2024 sxs for loss of brakes

krom

21 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Is there anything Polaris make that is not stop sale, stop ride? The world wants to know. Ha ha!

My 10 year old ranger hasn’t had one stop ride or recall. But the frame has been rewelded and reinforced several times from hitting shit. My friend was 2 whiskey jugs deep on the first weld job so it probably could have been solved with one and not several. it burns oil when held wide open for miles, and has ate 2 sets of tires. The struts and brakes are gone so that will be next upgrade. It’s been way more reliable than any ctech I have owned. My 70 year dad drives the ranger around my house. I have drive it once maybe because my ltz was faster. 

• Gold Member

I love Polaris but they gotta get their shit together. 

Although loss of brakes from improper brake line seems odd in itself , I would love to know the details.  

Lawyers ruin all the fun :lmao:

56 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I love Polaris but they gotta get their shit together. 

Although loss of brakes from improper brake line seems odd in itself , I would love to know the details.  

Lawyers ruin all the fun :lmao:

I agree - it's been a shit show for a few years now, and it's getting pretty tiresome.  How much of it is due to the times we live in now, though, with having to cover their asses?  I mean, look at that stupid fuel tank recall.  What was it, something like a quarter million units and less than 1% had an issue?  Stupid times we live in, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I didn't know Polaris was making SxS's in Mexico.  I wonder why they would do that, I thought everything was made in USA.

That being said, I don't think these kinds of recalls are because of where it was manufactured, because from my point of view there's a huge shortage of skilled + quality workforce everywhere.  It seems like fewer people are willing to accomplish - or capable of accomplishing - virtually anything.

Polaris needs to increase their efforts to not only hire the right people, but also foster an environment that ensures employees care.  Some recalls seem to be related to design, but some are clearly quality issues.  The right engineers think further ahead than their current task to prevent design issues from creeping into production.  The right shop floor employees are empowered to bring up issues when they're found, and prevent defects from leaving the factory.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:38 PM, Not greg b said:

My 10 year old ranger hasn’t had one stop ride or recall. But the frame has been rewelded and reinforced several times from hitting shit. My friend was 2 whiskey jugs deep on the first weld job so it probably could have been solved with one and not several. it burns oil when held wide open for miles, and has ate 2 sets of tires. The struts and brakes are gone so that will be next upgrade. It’s been way more reliable than any ctech I have owned. My 70 year dad drives the ranger around my house. I have drive it once maybe because my ltz was faster. 

Buy a Prowler Pro. Best utility sxs out there.

On 11/6/2023 at 8:40 AM, p51mstg said:

I didn't know Polaris was making SxS's in Mexico.  I wonder why they would do that, I thought everything was made in USA.

That being said, I don't think these kinds of recalls are because of where it was manufactured, because from my point of view there's a huge shortage of skilled + quality workforce everywhere.  It seems like fewer people are willing to accomplish - or capable of accomplishing - virtually anything.

Polaris needs to increase their efforts to not only hire the right people, but also foster an environment that ensures employees care.  Some recalls seem to be related to design, but some are clearly quality issues.  The right engineers think further ahead than their current task to prevent design issues from creeping into production.  The right shop floor employees are empowered to bring up issues when they're found, and prevent defects from leaving the factory.

polaris been building them in mexico for awhile now.The reason i guess is that the sxs market in se part of country and mexico is huge part of their market and im sure cheaper to build!!As far as quality goes in assembly i just picked up at 23 1000 xp sportsman and found front radiator hose rubbing hard on front shock spring also have friend with and 850 same thing.found it after first time i cleaned it!loosened hose gave it a twist and it moved away from spring!!so who doesnt catch that at factory when installed?

They will have alot of them needing new hoses!!Reminds me of 22 sleds rubbing on starter bracket!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, X2700 said:

polaris been building them in mexico for awhile now.The reason i guess is that the sxs market in se part of country and mexico is huge part of their market and im sure cheaper to build!!As far as quality goes in assembly i just picked up at 23 1000 xp sportsman and found front radiator hose rubbing hard on front shock spring also have friend with and 850 same thing.found it after first time i cleaned it!loosened hose gave it a twist and it moved away from spring!!so who doesnt catch that at factory when installed?

They will have alot of them needing new hoses!!Reminds me of 22 sleds rubbing on starter bracket!!

I bought a 23 Sportsman 850 in July. Just went out and took a look see. There will be a recall coming for this. Just zip tied mine away from the spring to avoid the problem. When the recall comes I will take it in then

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

I bought a 23 Sportsman 850 in July. Just went out and took a look see. There will be a recall coming for this. Just zip tied mine away from the spring to avoid the problem. When the recall comes I will take it in then

Take your front storage box out and loosen camp and give it a twist it will move away!!

I know mine would of started leaking after couple rides!!

May throw a wiring loom on that section!

Im going to hit dealer up with info.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, X2700 said:

polaris been building them in mexico for awhile now.The reason is that its way, way cheaper labor!!As far as quality goes in assembly i just picked up at 23 1000 xp sportsman and found front radiator hose rubbing hard on front shock spring also have friend with and 850 same thing.found it after first time i cleaned it!loosened hose gave it a twist and it moved away from spring!!so who doesnt catch that at factory when installed?

Edited by krom

On 11/8/2023 at 1:02 PM, X2700 said:

Take your front storage box out and loosen camp and give it a twist it will move away!!

I know mine would of started leaking after couple rides!!

May throw a wiring loom on that section!

Im going to hit dealer up with info.

Wasn't sure turning it would give much more clearance, I will have a look see. Thanks  Sent my dealer a mail telling him to check these on pre-delivery. Might save a few pissed off customers.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 4:45 PM, ZR6000RR said:

Buy a Prowler Pro. Best utility sxs out there.

Not really. It’s not any better. We owned a cushman  dealer for years and that thing is way better than a prowler pro. It used the same engine as the 660 yellow stone special and could haul more than a 3/4 ton pick up and had a hydraulic dump bed. The reason we don’t have one is we sold the company and bought a tractor 

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Not really. It’s not any better. We owned a cushman  dealer for years and that thing is way better than a prowler pro. It used the same engine as the 660 yellow stone special and could haul more than a 3/4 ton pick up and had a hydraulic dump bed. The reason we don’t have one is we sold the company and bought a tractor 

Sure. Let's go down MEMORY LANE. Crazy shit, but with you? I get it. Zuki 800 is the best. Out of commission since 2017 and all.