Check your account email address ×

Auto execs are coming clean: EVs aren't working

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Castings can be engineered to correct cracking. The casting can also accept welds. Toyota is moving in that direction as well. Their first models will be out in “26-“27. Toyota is going to fucking kill it. 

Anything can be changed to fix defects with more engineering. Are these even serviceable parts, the large castings? If they crack just throw away the whole car or, if lucky they can tear it down far enough to try for a decent weld  lol

Edited by Skidooski

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Anything can be changed to fix defects with more engineering. Are these even serviceable parts, the large castings? If they crack just throw away the whole car or, if lucky they can tear it down far enough to try for a decent weld  lol

They are serviceable. 

• The cost of producing electric vehicles (EVs) is far higher than the prices they are being sold for. Nearly $22 billion in federal and state subsidies and regulatory credits suppressed the retail price of EVs in 2021 by an average of almost $50,000. • Thanks to an unlawful multiplier, EVs receive nearly seven times more credits under federal fuel efficiency programs than they provide in actual fuel economy benefits. • Regulatory credits with bonus EV multipliers from federal fuel efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions standards and state EV sales mandates provide an average of $27,881 in benefits per vehicle for producers of EVs. • Home and public charging stations used by EVs put a significant strain on the electric grid, resulting in an average of $11,833 in socialized costs per EV over 10 years, which are shouldered by utility ratepayers and taxpayers. • Direct state and federal subsidies for EVs average $8,984 per vehicle over 10 years.

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Hybrid is the way to go . 

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

No way.  Complexity of both.  Fucking not something I would ever buy.

Im just saying vs full EV me personally id rather have a Hybrid if I had to choose. 

But agree i dont want nothing to do with either . 

I am all down with an EV once they resolve the usability concerns.  That's right around the corner.  No hybrid, no hydrogen are necessary.  They will make the batteries work or the EV's will die.  Of course they already have the right tech in the pipeline.  I'll miss the sound and visceral feel, but that is easily replaced by sub-3 second 60 times.