Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

11 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

@racinfarmer know of any toe holds out yet for the catalysts or am I gonna have to get my buddy to fire up his laser table?

Not that I have heard of yet.  I know guys would retrofit Doo sno-cross toe holds onto their sleds back around 2015 or so.  Could look into it?

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not that I have heard of yet.  I know guys would retrofit Doo sno-cross toe holds onto their sleds back around 2015 or so.  Could look into it?

Not even toe holds that I’m really thinking of but something to close off the sides of the footwells. I saw them on the twin pipe mod Ben langaas posted

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

Not even toe holds that I’m really thinking of but something to close off the sides of the footwells. I saw them on the twin pipe mod Ben langaas posted

I think I'd email Mike to see if that is something you can score up through the race department or if it is something Ben can hook you up with.

Or fire up the laser table.

21 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I think I'd email Mike to see if that is something you can score up through the race department or if it is something Ben can hook you up with.

Or fire up the laser table.

Ben sent me the PN this morning I ordered some but they’re backordered to the 15th of December so maybe they’ll ship in 3 days. PN is 8639-650

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Premium said:

Herfindahl and Arlaud out with some great content recently!

anyone else notice the SnoPro 500 seat cover Arlaud has on the Catalyst?  :thumbsup:  :roflcrying:

Screenshot_20231222-112349.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyone else notice the SnoPro 500 seat cover Arlaud has on the Catalyst?  :thumbsup:  :roflcrying:

I thought it was interesting that Herf said they can run a significantly softer valve package in the Catalyst vs Procross.

Also interesting the impromptu drag race in the second vid at 5:40... the Catalyst surges ahead by a few sled lengths before the 4 stroke starts steadily reeling him in. I think Arlaud's 4 stroke had the highest top speeds at Pine Lake last year?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Premium said:

I thought it was interesting that Herf said they can run a significantly softer valve package in the Catalyst vs Procross.

Also interesting the impromptu drag race in the second vid at 5:40... the Catalyst surges ahead by a few sled lengths before the 4 stroke starts steadily reeling him in. I think Arlaud's 4 stroke had the highest top speeds at Pine Lake last year?

When we had Catalyst #1 out testing for break in, we had a 4 smoker, another Catalyst, and a 24 Polaris and lined them all up.  

Catalyst #1 was the slowest off the line (fewest studs), Polaris and Catalyst #2 were pretty even until I'd say around 70-75, then the Polaris started to pull away.  The 4 smoker was a sled length or so behind Catalyst #2 and the Polaris until about 40-50mph, then it walked all over the other 3.

Mile or so long drag race all on ice set ups.

We were also told you may not need to or want to run the thicker sway bar for ice, but we fought that bitch in there.  Have to grind one side of it and fight it in from the clutch side.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Premium said:

spring rates may have increased... and it supposedly weighs less. 

per the fiche... 

RXC uses 3703-704 120lb ski springs, same rate I use on the stock 500 rather than the original 140's (with the sway bar). 

FTS spring is 3704-039 (250lb) and the helper is 3704-036 (170lb)  (same as 17 to 23 RXC)

Torsions are 2704-026 & 2704-027 (common springs going back to 2016)

FTS is 4704-145 (same as 23 RXC)

RTS is 4704-130 

torque does that... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

When we had Catalyst #1 out testing for break in, we had a 4 smoker, another Catalyst, and a 24 Polaris and lined them all up.  

Catalyst #1 was the slowest off the line (fewest studs), Polaris and Catalyst #2 were pretty even until I'd say around 70-75, then the Polaris started to pull away.  The 4 smoker was a sled length or so behind Catalyst #2 and the Polaris until about 40-50mph, then it walked all over the other 3.

Mile or so long drag race all on ice set ups.

We were also told you may not need to or want to run the thicker sway bar for ice, but we fought that bitch in there.  Have to grind one side of it and fight it in from the clutch side.

You think you'll be able to coax more top end out of these Catalysts? I haven't looked...what kind of speeds are the R-XCs geared for out of the box?

2 minutes ago, Premium said:

You think you'll be able to coax more top end out of these Catalysts? I haven't looked...what kind of speeds are the R-XCs geared for out of the box?

I'm not entirely sure.  I'm thinking they'll be satisfied for now if the one will put 105 on the ice in it's first race.

The guy that owns them is taking care of all the clutching and drivetrain stuff on them.

I was just the assembly bitch and helping get a baseline setup down for ice racing.

They are back to his place already.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Premium said:

I thought there were only 2 gearing combinations available with the belt drive. The Cataylist looked slow to me on the video I watched. He didn’t even break 100 mph on a straight away. 

Pine Lake Race Next Weekend

Current ice depth at start/finish line area is just over 10”. We are closely monitoring the forecast and will make a decision if we will be a go or not on Saturday afternoon, 12-23. Let’s hope for a cold snap so we can go racing!

• Like 1

I’ve heard of 101 gps on the ice on a catalyst so far. Stock gearing is the fastest setup available right now as far as I know. I just ordered slugs, schrader caps and the tools to do my own shocks this year as well as a bunch of clutching stuff to test for an ice setup if we ever get any weather to freeze things up around here.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’ve heard of 101 gps on the ice on a catalyst so far. Stock gearing is the fastest setup available right now as far as I know. I just ordered slugs, schrader caps and the tools to do my own shocks this year as well as a bunch of clutching stuff to test for an ice setup if we ever get any weather to freeze things up around here.

I've wondered how much the racers like the BOSS secondary. While great for consumers due to lack of adjustment needed, how does it perform compared to the "legendary" Cat reverse cam roller for example.  Are racers doing torsional conversions on the BOSS to get more speed?

3 hours ago, 122 said:

Pine Lake Race Next Weekend

Current ice depth at start/finish line area is just over 10”. We are closely monitoring the forecast and will make a decision if we will be a go or not on Saturday afternoon, 12-23. Let’s hope for a cold snap so we can go racing!

Bwahahaha! Now the lower 48 can’t even put on a simple ice race in late December. The lake races came about because there wasn’t reliable snow for a proper cross country, 

But yeah, climate change is a hoax. Where are all the dumbass climate change deniers now? Still arguing about the “stolen election“ in current events.