Check your account email address ×

Get your small EV dent fixed here, only $40,000

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

It does...if that hit was the tiniest bit harder, pointless techniques wouldn't have worked. I will be you that horizontal crease by the light isn't factory perfect either. 

You can watch the vid I guess if you want to check quality.  Obviously it doesn’t take 40k to fix though and takes a fraction.  Other driver must of not had insurance as the guy was the Rivian was rearended.

39 minutes ago, Doug said:

FB_IMG_1696790660498.jpg

Funny that it's not mentioned on tesla's site. Be bad pr I suppose. 

Don't care really.

Generate electricity any way you want, just don't ask me to subsidize poor decisions.

Edited by Voodoo

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

You can watch the vid I guess if you want to check quality.  Obviously it doesn’t take 40k to fix though and takes a fraction.  Other driver must of not had insurance as the guy was the Rivian was rearended.

Or it was a slightly harder hit...paintless is good but once into that bend at the tail light all bets are off.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Or it was a slightly harder hit...paintless is good but once into that bend at the tail light all bets are off.

Looks like a pretty significan dent.  Did you watch the vid of the guys repair to determine the quality of it for yourself??

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

So it doesn’t take a 40k repair?  

The point which you always seem to miss is that a conventional repair would have been 40k.

Luckily a paintless dent guy was willing to take it on because he could make out like a bandit putting it on youtube.

There were dozens of comments on the vid from guys in the same business that said it was something they wouldn't have taken on. 

So is everyone that has a damaged rivian supposed to tow it to Florida so this guy can fix it?

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The point which you always seem to miss is that a conventional repair would have been 40k.

Luckily a paintless dent guy was willing to take it on because he could make out like a bandit putting it on youtube.

There were dozens of comments on the vid from guys in the same business that said it was something they wouldn't have taken on. 

So is everyone that has a damaged rivian supposed to tow it to Florida so this guy can fix it?

Nope.  If you don’t like the cost though it easy to get several estimates.  More paintless dent people might be willing to tackle this with this vid.  I would shop around if I got a 40k estimate for that repair.  This wasn’t a 40k repair in the end….  Not even close.

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Do you believe a paintless dent guy could fix it if it got into the body line at the tail light? 

Did in this case…. The “certified” collision shop quoted $41k for this job. 

Before and after paintless dent removal.

IMG_3654.jpeg

On 10/5/2023 at 5:49 AM, 800renegaderider said:

Record of reliability. I don’t think the new ones will get crap mpg I thought I read they’re going 4banger turbo.

yup. the tacomas are the best unit toyo makes for reliability. but stay away from the tundra. junk.