Check your account email address ×

****Official Jimmy Snacks Racing 2024 Nascar Extravaganza Thread****

56 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/12/17/last-chevrolet-camaro-sixth-generation/

Question for Doug, or someone in the know:

How can NASCAR field Camaro's in 2024 when the last 2023 has rolled off the line and production has ended?

I think the model year rule thing has been diluted down since the manufacturers have to submit their body panels to Nascar for approval.  Each year prior to the start of the season manufactures submit the model and body to Nascar for evaluation.  Nascar puts these in a wind tunnel to evaluate the drag and downforce of each manufacturer to make sure they are relatively even with each other.

A couple years ago and I can't remember the manufacturer it may have been the camaro teams were racing the car before dealers were receiving production vehicles.

After Dodge dropped out of Nascar in 2012 some low budget teams were still running the cars and trucks a couple year later.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Racing in The Silverdome….pretty cool.👊🏻🇺🇸

Butch Lindley driving a Dick Trickle Dillon Chassis #99 at the NDRA sanctioned indoor dirt event at Michigan’s Pontiac Silverdome in 1982   (Gary Ponzani Photo)

IMG_2333.thumb.jpeg.8d8711228b271fcd660e560badd131eb.jpeg

• Like 2

There's a guy in Central Wisconsin that creates very detailed models of local race cars from the past.  He's a car for a class that have been discontinued as a regular class.  Simular to sprint cars but had self starters and the body had to be steel and based off a production car.

Screenshot_20231227_160644_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231227_160727_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doug said:

This winter has sucked so far. 

Got my race schedule for this year.  May Kansas, St Louis, Iowa, Chicago, Milwaukee (ARCA, Truck) and Sept Kansas.  Alternate for Indy and Michigan.

Is dickhead still involved?

• Haha 2

Just now, ckf said:

Is dickhead still involved?

Yes to a point we didn't hear of any real internal changes to us that he was trying to implement.  We're going to put a new TV in the trailer and set it up to stream the races so we'll be watching the races again.  Our boss also requested to the dig boss that Little Hitler does not attend any of our races.  We'll see how this year goes. 

• Like 2

Cale use to make engine noises inside the race car.  When they started onboard cameras it really confused the broadcast crew thinking they had a technical problem until they found out it was actually Cale making the noises.

Great competitor   

https://www.nascar.com/videos/franchise/nascar75/nascar-75-cale-yarborough-untold-stories/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Cale use to make engine noises inside the race car.  When they started onboard cameras it really confused the broadcast crew thinking they had a technical problem until they found out it was actually Cale making the noises.

Great competitor   

https://www.nascar.com/videos/franchise/nascar75/nascar-75-cale-yarborough-untold-stories/

I remember hearing that story 🤣

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

I saw that and was surprised. I always thought that she did a good job :dunno:

Yes seems to be more to the story.  Thought she also did a good job.  Ran into her on occasion at the motel.  Originally from Wisconsin.

20150509_001858.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Say it ain't so!

Screenshot_20240110_124858.jpg

I better pick up a can to go next to my Jeff Gordon energy drink 

• Like 1