Check your account email address ×

****Official Jimmy Snacks Racing 2024 Nascar Extravaganza Thread****

• Platinum Contributing Member

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was just reading about this from an article on Facebook. Sounds like a talented youngster.  I wouldn't mind seeing RCR back up amongst the top teams :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I was just reading about this from an article on Facebook. Sounds like a talented youngster.  I wouldn't mind seeing RCR back up amongst the top teams :thumbsup:

X2…Pairing him with a veteran crew chief like Stockman should payoff.👌🏻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I didn't check out the Jayski article, but the one that I read said that part of the decision to go with RCR was because Rowdy is there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

I didn't check out the Jayski article, but the one that I read said that part of the decision to go with RCR was because Rowdy is there.

Surprised Toyota didn't have him tied up with a contract.  Venturini motorsports is basically Toyota's driver development program.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Surprised Toyota didn't have him tied up with a contract.  Venturini motorsports is basically Toyota's driver development program.

With limited Toyota cup seats is there much of a path forward with Toyota? Getting 2 more seats next year with Legacy will help.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

With limited Toyota cup seats is there much of a path forward with Toyota? Getting 2 more seats next year with Legacy will help.

Is all of Gibbs Xfinity seats filled?

Just now, Doug said:

Is all of Gibbs Xfinity seats filled?

Not sure. I was talking about getting to the cup level. Ford and Chevy have a lot more seats available at the cup level. Toyota has 6 now and will go to 8 next year. The 30 other cars in the track are Fords and Chevy. I'm not sure what that breakdown is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

Not sure. I was talking about getting to the cup level. Ford and Chevy have a lot more seats available at the cup level. Toyota has 6 now and will go to 8 next year. The 30 other cars in the track are Fords and Chevy. I'm not sure what that breakdown is.

Yes limited on the Cup side. 

John Hunter was Toyota's star for Xfinity.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure…Chandler Smith is filling one of them after leaving Kaulig.

It sounds like Austin Hill had an opportunity for a Kaulig cup ride for next year that he ended up turning down after talking to RC. Maybe Dillon will step away after next year with Hill filling the seat :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Aric Almirola not coming back in 2024 and neither is Smithfield.

Gregson in the 10 apparently for next year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Aric Almirola not coming back in 2024 and neither is Smithfield.

SHR is sure going to look a lot different next year with the driver and sponsor changes.  Wonder of they'll still be a 4 car team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

SHR is sure going to look a lot different next year with the driver and sponsor changes.  Wonder of they'll still be a 4 car team.

Good question and I get the feeling that Smoke is getting tired of NASCAR.

15 minutes ago, Doug said:

Isnt Berry in the 4?

Glad Sheldon Creed is leaving the RCR shit show…Austin Hill is a whiner and it appears that Pop Pop and Andy Petree are as well.

Been reading that Ty Dillon is replacing The Dinger in the Kaulig 16 Cup Car….why and wtf? 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Glad Sheldon Creed is leaving the RCR shit show…Austin Hill is a whiner and it appears that Pop Pop and Andy Petree are as well.

Been reading that Ty Dillon is replacing The Dinger in the Kaulig 16 Cup Car….why and wtf? 

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

Must be bringing a sponsor :dunno:

What I heard was that AJ never wanted to be in cup full time in the first place, but was talked into it last year. AJ has said he wants to be back in Xfinity next year.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

Must be bringing a sponsor :dunno:

Could be

16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

What I heard was that AJ never wanted to be in cup full time in the first place, but was talked into it last year. AJ has said he wants to be back in Xfinity next year.

I’ve heard that as well but Ty Dillon…not good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Interesting that Hill let it out the Creed is going to Gibbs even though it hasn't officially been announced.

Kaulic racing is just down the road from RCR it may even be a shop leased from RCR so there's close ties with RCR.  All the Kaulic drivers were at RCR's open house this weekend also.  I don't think either of the Dillon boys have the talent to be at the top tier of a Cup driver.  Probably more of a sponsorship/support arrangement then talent if Dillon gets the ride.

• Like 2