Check your account email address ×

****Official Jimmy Snacks Racing 2024 Nascar Extravaganza Thread****

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, ckf said:

I'd have to agree with Larson. If he would have been in better equipment in his early days he would probably have at least one more championship and a lot more wins. I think that I would have KB in second.

I'll go with Larson as well but its real close between him and Kyle for me.

Hard to say this right but I feel like either one of these guys have the ability to take a subpar car and get a better finish than it deserves.

I think Gordon's and Johnson's talents were more in their ability to convey to their teams what changes they needed in the car to make it faster during a race. I think Chad and Ray each played a major role in making these drivers great.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'll go with Larson as well but its real close between him and Kyle for me.

Hard to say this right but I feel like either one of these guys have the ability to take a subpar car and get a better finish than it deserves.

I think Gordon's and Johnson's talents were more in their ability to convey to their teams what changes they needed in the car to make it faster during a race. I think Chad and Ray each played a major role in making these drivers great.

During practice one year in Michigan Johnson lost an engine.  From the time the team pushed the car back into the garage stall to the time they drove back onto pit lane and on the track was 12 minutes.

Johnson never got out of the car and was handed tools to remove/install the shifter.  Chad was handing the guys tools and installed the air cleaner, then plugged the laptop in for a quick tune at idle.

Impressive to watch.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Noah Gragson in the 10 next season for SHR.

Keep on hearing he comes with some money to back him???  SHR needs that after lossing Budwiser and Smithfield

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Noah Gragson in the 10 next season for SHR.

Awesome!

25 minutes ago, Doug said:

Keep on hearing he comes with some money to back him???  SHR needs that after lossing Budwiser and Smithfield

Wendy's maybe???  He was doing a good job promoting them last season before he got booted. I know that he asked for his release, but we all know what was coming. Especially when Toyota had John Hunter waiting for a cup ride. JH was probably going to get in either the 42 or 43 next year no matter what happened.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

What are your thoughts on this?

Report: NASCAR willing to sell as many as 10 Cup Series races to a streaming service in 2025

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-nascar-willing-to-sell-as-many-as-10-cup-series-races-to-a-streaming-service-in-2025-134459990.html

Streaming appears to be the future IMO. We dropped cable a few years ago and just kept the basic cable Internet. We used YouTube TV as our "cable provider" up until last month. We were spending $75 a month for something that we weren't really using. The only thing that it was getting used for is Nascar and F1. Nascar was streaming the final races on Peacock and F1 was on ESPN+ which was part of our Hulu subscription. I'll probably have to find something in February as Fox doesn't offer just a Fox Sports service for streaming live events. It requires a cable provider.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

The mustang is based of the production car the Mustang Dark Horse.  Glad they're looking closer to production cars and to can see who the manufacturer is.

2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-driver-side-front-three-quater.jpg

Other than the headlights, the racecar doesn't resemble the stock mustang whatsover. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Sunoco boss got back from their annual meeting couple weeks ago.  The only real changes we will be seeing is Trucks and Xfinity will be going from the current 12 gallon dump cans to a 9 gallon.  Cup is not sure yet if they will go to the 9 gallon dump cans.

The current 12 gallon can weighs between 85 to 90 lbs when they have 12 gallons.  Some teams mess with the vent tube area where the site glass is located restricting/delaying the flow of fuel from flowing up the vent tube to the site glass.  This causes the can to be overfilled by .4 to .5 gallons.  You can see the weld on the bottom of this can where the bottom of the vent tube had been altered

20230630_123627.jpg

• Like 2

Joe Gibbs Racing announces its Xfinity Series lineup for 2024, which is highlighted by Sheldon Creed and Chandler Smith being full time. Aric Almirola will split the No. 20 car with John Hunter Nemechek.

IMG_2313.thumb.jpeg.09237e3b1aff0427cb2ca80d8a341948.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Joe Gibbs Racing announces its Xfinity Series lineup for 2024, which is highlighted by Sheldon Creed and Chandler Smith being full time. Aric Almirola will split the No. 20 car with John Hunter Nemechek.

IMG_2313.thumb.jpeg.09237e3b1aff0427cb2ca80d8a341948.jpeg

Listening to Larry Mac JGR has like 8 different drivers in Xfinity.  Wow.

Also that Legacy Motor Club is a stand alone Toyota team with no association with JGR.  That's a break from tradition for Toyota.

• Like 1