Check your account email address ×

Pics

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Drove the Beartooth on our way out west and stayed the night in Cooke City.  

Ya'll can skip the Soda Butt Lodge...

Stayed one night at Soda Butte campground east of town for $7.50. Following night I 4 wheeled up Daisy Pass. Stayed at a nice opening in the woods off LuLu Pass. Lots of Grizzlies through that area. The host at Soda Butte campground stopped by and chatted. 10 years ago two were severely injured and one was killed at the campsite next to mine. All three were tenting. The campground is all primitive. Pit toilets were well maintained and very clean. I killed on trout fishing in Yellowstone. The best 4 wheeling was in Island Park. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Stayed one night at Soda Butte campground east of town for $7.50. Following night I 4 wheeled up Daisy Pass. Stayed at a nice opening in the woods off LuLu Pass. Lots of Grizzlies through that area. The host at Soda Butte campground stopped by and chatted. 10 years ago two were severely injured and one was killed at the campsite next to mine. All three were tenting. The campground is all primitive. Pit toilets were well maintained and very clean. I killed on trout fishing in Yellowstone. The best 4 wheeling was in Island Park. 

You mean Lolo Pass? 

We have a pic of us and the car in front of the sign that says Winding Road Next 99 Miles with all the stickers on it. 

Probably our favorite road on the trip, and we drove some pretty epic ones.

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You mean Lolo Pass? 

We have a pic of us and the car in front of the sign that says Winding Road Next 99 Miles with all the stickers on it. 

LuLu pass. It's a trail road. You can pick it up east of town. It intersects with Daisy Pass. It's a trail that leads to some of the most spectacular powder busting on earth. I wanted to see what it looked like in the summer. 

https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/6369-lulu-pass.html

23 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You mean Lolo Pass? 

Turn the awful music down. This vid gives some history of the trail. Basically an old mining trail picked up by Parks for fire access and recreation. Some of the old machinery is cool. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

you packing? 

Most of those states recognize other permits.

12 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

you packing? 

Most of those states recognize other permits.

Sig X10 w/p+ Underwood ammo. It’s probably just gonna piss off Mr Griz. If you do shoot a grizzly you’re going to have to prove it was life or death. Otherwise you’ll be facing a federal investigation. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Sig X10 w/p+ Underwood ammo. It’s probably just gonna piss off Mr Griz. If you do shoot a grizzly you’re going to have to prove it was life or death. Otherwise you’ll be facing a federal investigation. 

Yes , they can be real cunty about that.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:02 AM, HSR said:

Holy shit!!! That's fucking ridiculous :lol:

Someone bought it for $15k more. The Mercedes has the well deserved name "The Toad". The Ford Transit Quigley needed some sorting when I bought it. It's since been flawless. It surpasses the Toad in every aspect. The little 3.7 motor is a real spinner, but it's great for off trail, technical stuff and gets reasonable MPG of 16. Next year I'm having Kodiak Truck of Wisconsin update the transfer case. The trails in Idaho and Montana were the most technical I've tackled. It handled everything I threw at it without an issue. 

• Like 3