Check your account email address ×

Idiot with a diesel

• Gold Member

Riding the Harley's back from the beach yesterday we got behind some Kid in a 2nd Gen Cummings blowing smoke in front of us . You could tell he thought he was cool and showing off . 

We ignored Him and fell back to not breath it in and he stopped . Life goes on. Big deal. 

More Government isnt the answer IMO. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Welp Liberal VT says 2007. I could care less I ride newer stock Polaris junk.  :read:

(1) a snowmobile manufactured after February 1, 2007 that does not display a visible and unaltered marking of “SSCC Certified” issued by the Snowmobile Safety and Certification Committee (SSCC) on all critical components of the exhaust system; or

(2) a snowmobile, regardless of the date of manufacture, with an exhaust system that has been modified in a manner that amplifies or otherwise increases total noise emission above that of the snowmobile as originally constructed.

ikr, I don't tell my real life friends my interwebs bud rides one, especially the butt scooch version. 

in the big picture... older sleds, outboards, dirt bikes and weed whackers are spit in the ocean compared to what China and India alone put into the atmosphere in ten minutes.   the diesel douches in the bro dozers... fuck them though. 

rolling coal... ignorant 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Why is he an idiot? I use they're tuning and gained almost 2mpg and no smoke. Truck runs and shifts way better than stock. Saved a bunch of money on guaranteed emissions system failure in the last 400k mi too

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

I haven't heard much about fines and such for deletes in Ontario lately. I sold my '13 F350 with 6.7 diesel back 7 years ago when they were cracking down. She was fun to drive with deletes and the tuner, good mpg's too, but I started hearing stories about people getting pulled over, fines, impoundment, etc. This was right at the time when H&S got shut down.

My buddy's cousin got stopped on the highway because he didn't have the stock tail pipe on his Dodge. It was deleted and tuned. They gave him a $5000 fine and impounded the truck. They wouldn't let it leave until it was back to stock so he hired a mobile mechanic to fix it at the impound yard.

My '08 6.4 Harley truck is deleted and I just bought a used H&S Minimax for $700 so I can make adjustments. You have to buy the old units because those are the only ones that support delete tunes. Their are some other tuners/engine monitor systems which will work but you have to go to custom tuner writers. I have the tuner set up with a mild tow tune so it doesn't smoke much unless you real get into the throttle.

My truck is just for tooling around. Its not a daily driver.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I haven't heard much about fines and such for deletes in Ontario lately. I sold my '13 F350 with 6.7 diesel back 7 years ago when they were cracking down. She was fun to drive with deletes and the tuner, good mpg's too, but I started hearing stories about people getting pulled over, fines, impoundment, etc. This was right at the time when H&S got shut down.

My buddy's cousin got stopped on the highway because he didn't have the stock tail pipe on his Dodge. It was deleted and tuned. They gave him a $5000 fine and impounded the truck. They wouldn't let it leave until it was back to stock so he hired a mobile mechanic to fix it at the impound yard.

My '08 6.4 Harley truck is deleted and I just bought a used H&S Minimax for $700 so I can make adjustments. You have to buy the old units because those are the only ones that support delete tunes. Their are some other tuners/engine monitor systems which will work but you have to go to custom tuner writers. I have the tuner set up with a mild tow tune so it doesn't smoke much unless you real get into the throttle.

Ouch. 

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

the best fuel use, no smoke, drivability, durability and modest performance gains on a stock p/u with emissions intact is 'tow' mode.

with each increased setting of most common tuners (H&S, Edge, Superchips, etc) you are adding fueling, timing and boost, seat of the pants increases also come from the transmission line pressures and shift points.  DEF, DPFs and emissions devices hinder performance greatly, but they are the law of the land.  DEF issues and Reduced Power is f'ng obnoxious and dangerous to an extent.  There's a reason why ambulances and government vehicles are exempt from the devices. 

Want to become a billionaire? Figure out a better way to reduce diesel emissions without injecting urea.  Gold mine.  ;)

every one of our old diesels puff smoke, but not all the time.  Only when on the throttle towing or pulling out.  I mean christ, if we drove them so they rolled coal all the time they'd had been demolished long ago by now.  Who drives flat to the floor in anything all of the time?  ignore that bhen!

They're turds in stock form.  Can't get out of their own way really.  They like a little 'help'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the best fuel use, no smoke, drivability, durability and modest performance gains on a stock p/u with emissions intact is 'tow' mode.

with each increased setting of most common tuners (H&S, Edge, Superchips, etc) you are adding fueling, timing and boost, seat of the pants increases also come from the transmission line pressures and shift points.  DEF, DPFs and emissions devices hinder performance greatly, but they are the law of the land.  DEF issues and Reduced Power is f'ng obnoxious and dangerous to an extent.  There's a reason why ambulances and government vehicles are exempt from the devices. 

Want to become a billionaire? Figure out a better way to reduce diesel emissions without injecting urea.  Gold mine.  ;)

Why even worry about diesel emissions when factories, ships, planes, government vehicles all pollute more. Hell even the cops let their cars idle all day poluting and burning unneeded gas. If the climate change people really wanted to do something they'd go after china and india and many other countries 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Cause he got fined a million and facing some jail time.

Seems to me we the people should be more pissed that a small business man got fined and threatened with jail for doing something to help save fuel consumption. I bet less than 1% of the drivers even roal coal. Not every tuned truck user is a douche bag.

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Why even worry about diesel emissions when factories, ships, planes, government vehicles all pollute more. Hell even the cops let their cars idle all day poluting and burning unneeded gas. If the climate change people really wanted to do something they'd go after china and india and many other countries 

because that's what they did, not long ago. 

reminds me of a song...

call your congressperson and see how far you get... ;)

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

because that's what they did, not long ago. 

reminds me of a song...

call your congressperson and see how far you get... ;)

Ehhh I'll just driving my  tuned truck everyday and let you worry about all the things you think tge government can help us with

Seems to me we the people should be more pissed that a small business man got fined and threatened with jail for doing something to help save fuel consumption. I bet less than 1% of the drivers even roal coal. Not every tuned truck user is a douche bag.

IDK how old you are, but when I was a kid the moment you stepped into the throttle of a diesel, coal was rolling.

hell, my old man has an '84 Chevette diesel that rolled coal if you put your foot into it.  that was NOT a fast car btw... :roflcrying:

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Every tuned and deleted truck emits more emissions then legally allowed.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK how old you are, but when I was a kid the moment you stepped into the throttle of a diesel, coal was rolling.

hell, my old man has an '84 Chevette diesel that rolled coal if you put your foot into it.  that was NOT a fast car btw... :roflcrying:

I'm mid 40s. Been driving diesels since the late 90s when i had a 96 f250. Sure that rolled coal, modern trucks with tuning don't smoke much if any going down the rd. Sure a few idiots got the attention they were looking for by rolling coal, but not all tuned trucks do that. Would you be happy if the govt went after d&d because you used their mods on your sled and it uses more fuel than the stock 500? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So what? I bet the net gain on pollution from the def bottles and boxes and lower mpg's more than offset the little bit of extra emissions. I bet those trucks and loaders mining lithium for your batteries polute a bunch too

• Like 1

• Gold Member

So what? I bet the net gain on pollution from the def bottles and boxes and lower mpg's more than offset the little bit of extra emissions. I bet those trucks and loaders mining lithium for your batteries polute a bunch too

Things pollute…. Some just much less and deleted diesel aren’t those that pollute less.  It’s why this guy is run out of business, broke and facing jail time.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Things pollute…. Some just much less and deleted diesel aren’t those that pollute less.  It’s why this guy is run out of business, broke and facing jail time.

you definately squat to piss, there's now no denying that one bit.

• Like 1

Just now, BOHICA said:

The guy is run out of business because our government sucks. No other reason. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Less pollution than what it took to produce the solar panels on your house and Tesla to be built :lol:

44 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The 2008-2010 Ford 6.4's are pre-DEF. During regen, fuel is added to the cylinder near the tail end of the exhaust stroke which sends unburnt fuel through the exhaust to the DPF. As the fuel burns, the heat created cleans out the soot from the DPF.

Terrible idea.

39 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

And still less than a garden tractor...

30 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I'm mid 40s. Been driving diesels since the late 90s when i had a 96 f250. Sure that rolled coal, modern trucks with tuning don't smoke much if any going down the rd. Sure a few idiots got the attention they were looking for by rolling coal, but not all tuned trucks do that. Would you be happy if the govt went after d&d because you used their mods on your sled and it uses more fuel than the stock 500? 

I've worked in the industry and have some actual first hand knowledge so bear with me.  the coal rolling or just plain old diesel smoke in the olden days is unburned diesel fuel... the more smoke generally the more unburned fuel.  unburned fuel is what?  wasted power and unburned energy.  I've seen 1,000hp+ diesel p/u's on a dyno that barely roll coal.   think of it this way in terms you might more easily understand, cans on sleds.  sure they make more noise which is supposed to be 'cool' but many (most really) don't make more power in a broad range.  they do get attention and now more than ever from law enforcement, and that's what most of the coal rolling douche bags are out there doing, looking for attention, hence the videos as an example which are posted here.   now, on to me and one of my toys... do you know it burns cleaner and smokes less at idle and throughout the rev range than a stock sno-pro 500 because the added fueling and tune is set to burn as much of the fuel as possible as efficiently as possible?  if D&D or any aftermarket manufacturer is producing tunes which increase emissions on more modern sleds gets busted, that's on them.  as stated prior, it's the idiots with loud cans and that roll coal intentionally drawing attention to themselves which fuck things up for the masses.  

do you know about the different tiers of emmissions when it comes to sleds?  here's a quick article which might help.

https://snowgoer.com/snowmobile-features/epa-hangtag-explained/2665/  

23 minutes ago, hayward said:

:stop:

:lol:

22 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

The guy is run out of business because our government sucks. No other reason. 

the guy is run out of business for manufacturing, selling and profiting from an illegal product by US law.  

or... whatever your opinion is.