Check your account email address ×

Idiot with a diesel

19 hours ago, EvilBird said:

derp .

They should Outlaw faggots from drivin Ex Cops cars also :lol:

B7F8652A-2D43-4029-B6CF-8E5FA18ABD2C.jpeg

Ex cop cars make great sleepers, had a '85 Diplomat police special edelbrock intake, holley 850 dbl pumper and interstate gearing, had 160mph certified speedo, basically idled at 100mph

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

Nice. I ordered a 23 450 in the fall. Got tired of waiting. Picking up a 350 as ww speak, just waiting for them to put mud flaps and bed cover on.

23 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Nice. I ordered a 23 450 in the fall. Got tired of waiting. Picking up a 350 as ww speak, just waiting for them to put mud flaps and bed cover on.

Nice! Those 450s are sweet with the widetrac front end they turn alot nicer than the 350. I wish they still had the towboss 350 with the widetrac front end, it'd be the perfect truck for me

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

Nice! Those 450s are sweet with the widetrac front end they turn alot nicer than the 350. I wish they still had the towboss 350 with the widetrac front end, it'd be the perfect truck for me

I've had both. 450s eat front tires. I switch out rims to 22s. 19.5 tires are hard to find. 430 rear is good for heavy towing but fuel mileage is poor. I've got 355s on this 350. I also ordered a 24 450 today. Hopefully this one shows up. Ford has really dropped the ball since covid.

23 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've had both. 450s eat front tires. I switch out rims to 22s. 19.5 tires are hard to find. 430 rear is good for heavy towing but fuel mileage is poor. I've got 355s on this 350. I also ordered a 24 450 today. Hopefully this one shows up. Ford has really dropped the ball since covid.

Yeah the gearing is why I've stayed with 350s. I don't tow real heavy, try to stay around 25k total weight. I get better mpg and the trucks live longer, and tires/parts are easier to find out on the road. My trucks ate front tires too, i run Michelin defender ltx on the front and that fixed the problem 

59 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Sounds dreamy.  I owned several 450s and 550s some years back, and that wasn't an issue with them when I had them on the road.  22" tires gotta be nuts expensive on those things these days.

Edited by DriftBusta

33 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Yeah the gearing is why I've stayed with 350s. I don't tow real heavy, try to stay around 25k total weight. I get better mpg and the trucks live longer, and tires/parts are easier to find out on the road. My trucks ate front tires too, i run Michelin defender ltx on the front and that fixed the problem 

17 inch rim?

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Sounds dreamy.  I owned several 450s and 550s some years back, and that wasn't an issue with them when I had them on the road.  A couple of them were manual transmissions, woul

Likely weren't widetrack.

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Sounds dreamy.  I owned several 450s and 550s some years back, and that wasn't an issue with them when I had them on the road.  22" tires gotta be nuts expensive on those things these days.

A new 450 platinum is over $100k, tire cost probly don't matter at that point

7 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Yeah 17in, not sure what they have in the bigger sizes. 

I might go to a 20inch Alcoa. Fill out the wheel well a little better. Especially in the front.