Check your account email address ×

Junk or artwork?

• Gold Member

I’d say artwork although it’s not my style for a car/truck. I like a patina finish and the swap is cool but was never a real fan of the rat rod stuff like that barbed wire and roof bullets whatever odd things they throw on there like in this picture.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ironically the builder is from Wisconsin. Ran into him at Custer Gulch SD. He built it up from mostly scratch. 

Feel free to drop more pics of your travels :bc:

59 minutes ago, ckf said:

Feel free to drop more pics of your travels :bc:

I lost function of the 12/40 Oly lens. I’m down to the iPhone. Hunkering down tonight on national forest land. Remote site about 35 miles outside of Spearfish SD. I pull out early tomorrow for Yellowstone. Should be a great night for stargazing. After Yellowstone and island park I’ll be meeting up with a group. We’ll be camping on a ridge line by Skinwalker Ranch. :lol: 

IMG_0249.jpeg

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I lost function of the 12/40 Oly lens. I’m down to the iPhone. Hunkering down tonight on national forest land. Remote site about 35 miles outside of Spearfish SD. I pull out early tomorrow for Yellowstone. Should be a great night for stargazing. After Yellowstone and island park I’ll be meeting up with a group. We’ll be camping on a ridge line by Skinwalker Ranch. :lol: 

IMG_0249.jpeg

Nice! I use my pixel phone for most snapshots now. They have come a long way for sure.

I think that you mentioned the lens problem before. Weren't you waiting for the new company to get their shit together or something like that? Maybe I am thinking about something else?

Just now, ckf said:

Nice! I use my pixel phone for most snapshots now. They have come a long way for sure.

I think that you mentioned the lens problem before. Weren't you waiting for the new company to get their shit together or something like that? Maybe I am thinking about something else?

That was me. This will be my third time having it repaired. It’s their Pro series too. Water and dust resistant. They do keep fixing or sending me a new/refurbished lens. Doesn’t help with the down time. The only other lens I have with me is a 45mm prime portrait. Not so good for what I need. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Its art.

I appreciate the effort these people put in to Rat Rods but they all look like $1500 POS to me.

The automotive equivalent to Elvis on Black Velvet or Dogs playing Poker.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

That was me. This will be my third time having it repaired. It’s their Pro series too. Water and dust resistant. They do keep fixing or sending me a new/refurbished lens. Doesn’t help with the down time. The only other lens I have with me is a 45mm prime portrait. Not so good for what I need. 

That sucks. Yeah 45mm on the micro 4/3 is great focal length for portraits and when you want to compress the background on a landscape photo in certain situations. If you weren't traveling I would suggest picking up a cheap small zoom lens from eBay.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

That sucks. Yeah 45mm on the micro 4/3 is great focal length for portraits and when you want to compress the background on a landscape photo in certain situations. If you weren't traveling I would suggest picking up a cheap small zoom lens from eBay.

I posted a few more pics here. Last page.