Check your account email address ×

today (in real life) I saw.... ?

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

friend owns a towing company... have seen pics of the 1/2T p/u, 5th whl camper + SXS's on a trailer IN THE DITCH accidents.  

used to be the state boys had zero tolerance for it but since 2020 they seem to let shit slide and wait for the radio calls.

I used to pull a tandem axle sled trailer with 4 sleds behind a 1977 Oldmobile 88.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

Was in Costco today and followed too many silver/grey/no haired folks pushing carts at well below the posted speed limit.

Also the "stay in the right lane unless passing" rule was constantly violated.

Fun to watch from a distance but not so much when you get boxed in for an extended period of time and there is no escape!:thumbsdown:

Fucking Costco!! Those Qtips think they can do what ever they want. Last time I was there, I was ready to start breaking hips. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

A buddy is up there west of you fishing in the Sioux Narrows, and he said he didn't bring enough clothes... Was only in the 50's yesterday!

3 hours ago, HSR said:

It was damn cool the last few mornings. You can feel the season changing. On the lake would be cold for sure.

Not here 96 with a heat index of 113f

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, ckf said:

I used to follow drag racing in my late teens when I worked at a friend's greenhouse. He was a former drag racer from the 60s. He also had a speed shop in NY before he and his wife moved to NH and started the greenhouse business. Anyway we went to the NHRA, race in St Pea, Quebec (I think that was the name of the town). It was right after Eddy Hill broke the 300mph mark. I think that they were still running the full 1320 back then. Isn't it 1000 feet now?

When I lived in wy my buddies and I would make the 9 hr ride to Denver for the mile high nationals at bandimere speed way. ‘94-95-96-97 Saw the first 300 mph pass and it was John force in a funny car!!  Friday night qualifying was the best. Fire!!  They just held the final race there. The owners only owned a small parcel that the track and pits etc sat on. They leased the parking areas and the lot owners are developing the land so no parking, no race track. The track owners have said they are planning to build a new facility out near the airport but it’s years out.  It was a cool place to watch drags. 

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...