Check your account email address ×

End of an era

Rod

One of the most iconic large trucks ever, the kenworth w900, was discontinued this year 

they’re replacing it with the W990 but it looks like a turban mobile imo 

RIP W900 

5A8617FA-D161-4611-86B9-EB500C65EA81.jpeg

2 hours ago, ACE said:

One of the most iconic large trucks ever, the kenworth w900, was discontinued this year 

they’re replacing it with the W990 but it looks like a turban mobile imo 

RIP W900 

5A8617FA-D161-4611-86B9-EB500C65EA81.jpeg

while I like the long hood classic trucks the cabs are small, the 990 uses the same cab as the T series and are roomy, hope a 990 replaces my T880 when it's retired, 990's look sweet too

R (1).jpg

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

while I like the long hood classic trucks the cabs are small, the 990 uses the same cab as the T series and are roomy, hope a 990 replaces my T880 when it's retired, 990's look sweet too

R (1).jpg

990 looks like a beaner international imo 

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

not even close, Freightliner and Volvo are turban/beaner trucks 

The 990 is change for the sake of change and a bad change at that 

there’s a reason that the last 900’s are bringing stupid money on the open market 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

The 990 is change for the sake of change and a bad change at that 

there’s a reason that the last 900’s are bringing stupid money on the open market 

990's are nice trucks, never liked the narrow cab KW's or Petes, they feel cramped, and they bring stupid money because a fool and his money soon go their separate ways' all trucks have their issues doesn't matter what name is on the hood

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

990's are nice trucks, never liked the narrow cab KW's or Petes, they feel cramped, and they bring stupid money because a fool and his money soon go their separate ways' all trucks have their issues doesn't matter what name is on the hood

They could be nice but they just look stupid. I realize it’s superficial but when a guy is writing a 300k cheque he wants to feel excited about it 

The W990 isn’t the worst but man the 880 is ugly 

and ex OO’s are a different breed. You can give them the keys to an x15 powered 900 and they’re happy. But hand them the keys to a 2002 c16 900 and holy shit just grins ear to ear and they tear a hole in their pants 

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

They could be nice but they just look stupid. I realize it’s superficial but when a guy is writing a 300k cheque he wants to feel excited about it 

The W990 isn’t the worst but man the 880 is ugly 

and ex OO’s are a different breed. You can give them the keys to an x15 powered 900 and they’re happy. But hand them the keys to a 2002 c16 900 and holy shit just grins ear to ear and they tear a hole in their pants 

While the 880's aren't beauty queens,  they are not butt ugly, 550hp 18spd she gets it done with ease

20230811_073211.jpg

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

While the 880's aren't beauty queens,  they are not butt ugly, 550hp 18spd she gets it done with ease

20230811_073211.jpg

The t800, while it was a good truck, was never really a pretty truck, and the 880 is just that much worse lol 

maybe if they finally came out with as much power than they had 20 years ago…

• Platinum Contributing Member

I don’t know shit about big trucks but my buddy sent me this pic 2 weeks ago and said he was in love.

image0000001.thumb.jpeg.cbca38205067cd2d7d38560ced17a4d7.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar

8 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

But the class!

It is all about the class!

And the heritage!

Or so has been explained to me at the elevator and truck stop...