Check your account email address ×

the states pushing for 14-year-olds to serve alcohol

So it's just fine for a 14 year old to make the decision for puberty blockers, transition therapy and even go as far as mutilation of their body....BUT DON'T ALLOW THEM TO SERVE ALCOHOL.

What a fucked up world we currently live in. 

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

So it's just fine for a 14 year old to make the decision for puberty blockers, transition therapy and even go as far as mutilation of their body....BUT DON'T ALLOW THEM TO SERVE ALCOHOL.

He really is a retard when he claims to be a mental health expert and can't see a mental health problem.

Just now, racer254 said:

So it's just fine for a 14 year old to make the decision for puberty blockers, transition therapy and even go as far as mutilation of their body....BUT DON'T ALLOW THEM TO SERVER ALCOHOL.

No shit 

they’re encouraged to sterilize and mutilate themselves with life changing consequences but heaven forbid they hand someone a beer 

• Like 1

The bill clarifies the server would only be allowed to serve seated customers not those sitting at the bar. It also requires a licensed operator to supervise them.

Seems that any 14 year old that wants to work should be encouraged to do so.   Work Ethic in this country seems to be on the decline.

Edited by racer254

If my kid was a server at a bar/restaurant and was asked to serve drinks ... we're talking about picking them up from the bartender and delivering them to patrons ... why the fuck wouldn't I be OK with that?  They're supervised, and the kid isn't pouring the beer or making the drink.  Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If a minor over served a customer would they be held liable in say a drunk driving incident the way some drunks hold the bartender responsible for their actions?

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, HSR said:

If a minor over served a customer would they be held liable in say a drunk driving incident the way some drunks hold the bartender responsible for their actions?

Thats what Dram shop insurance is for. 

22 minutes ago, HSR said:

No minor can be held liable.  You are really dumb.

36 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Thats what Dram shop insurance is for. 

I'm not sure what that is. Here in Ontario you must take "Smart Serve" in order to serve alcohol and to take that you must be 18 years of age. The server assumes some responsibility for the consumers condition according to laws here. They hold liability hence why minors cannot serve here.

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

I'm not sure what that is. Here in Ontario you must take "Smart Serve" in order to serve alcohol and to take that you must be 18 years of age. The server assumes some responsibility for the consumers condition according to laws here. They hold liability hence why minors cannot serve here.

Mandatory insurance for bars.   At least mandatory in my state. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Mandatory insurance for bars.   At least mandatory in my state. 

Gotcha :thumbsup: I wonder if they can obtain said insurance with minors serving or if it's like it is up here?

If kids want to work let them work 

seriously we went to a Chinese buffet in Regina and they had like a 7 year old waiting tables. He brought a tray of waters but messed up and spilled them all over our table and us 

we just laughed and helped them clean it up. Poor kid 

this is why the slants are taking over. They have a strong family unit and a hard engrained work ethic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Gotcha :thumbsup: I wonder if they can obtain said insurance with minors serving or if it's like it is up here?

Likely as Iowa just passed a state law making it legal down to 16 to serve and the dram shop ins is mandatory.   Pretty sure they cannot bartend but waiter/waitress.   I have no issues with those laws.  

Ages to Sell, Serve and Deliver

A licensee's employees and agents must be at least:

• 16 to sell liquor, wine, or beer in original unopened containers for off-premises consumption (grocery stores, convenience stores, liquor stores, etc.).
  • 18 to sell and dispense liquor, wine, or beer for on-premises consumption (restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.). 16- and 17-year-olds can sell and serve alcoholic beverages in a restaurant provided certain requirements are met.
  • 21 to deliver liquor, wine, or beer in original unopened containers to a home or other designated location for personal use (licensees and permittees authorized to sell liquor, wine, or beer for off-premises consumption).

https://abd.iowa.gov/education/employing-16-or-17-year-olds-selling-or-serving-in-restaurants

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, HSR said:

Fuck ontario.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Likely as Iowa just passed a state law making it legal down to 16 to serve and the dram shop ins is mandatory.   Pretty sure they cannot bartend but waiter/waitress.   I have no issues with those laws.  

Ages to Sell, Serve and Deliver

A licensee's employees and agents must be at least:

• 16 to sell liquor, wine, or beer in original unopened containers for off-premises consumption (grocery stores, convenience stores, liquor stores, etc.).
  • 18 to sell and dispense liquor, wine, or beer for on-premises consumption (restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.). 16- and 17-year-olds can sell and serve alcoholic beverages in a restaurant provided certain requirements are met.
  • 21 to deliver liquor, wine, or beer in original unopened containers to a home or other designated location for personal use (licensees and permittees authorized to sell liquor, wine, or beer for off-premises consumption).

https://abd.iowa.gov/education/employing-16-or-17-year-olds-selling-or-serving-in-restaurants

Seems reasonable :bc:

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, ACE said:

If kids want to work let them work 

seriously we went to a Chinese buffet in Regina and they had like a 7 year old waiting tables. He brought a tray of waters but messed up and spilled them all over our table and us 

we just laughed and helped them clean it up. Poor kid 

this is why the slants are taking over. They have a strong family unit and a hard engrained work ethic 

Yup feel the same. We have a Chinese place we go to here that had the owners like 10year old ringing people up last time we went. The Mexican place near us had their kids folding up the silverware in napkins. I don’t see the issue as long as school work is done what’s the harm they learn a work ethic and the value of a dollar.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup feel the same. We have a Chinese place we go to here that had the owners like 10year old ringing people up last time we went. The Mexican place near us had their kids folding up the silverware in napkins. I don’t see the issue as long as school work is done what’s the harm they learn a work ethic and the value of a dollar.

I don't think the topic is about kids working, most would agree that's a great thing :bc: It's about the kids serving alcohol and history has shown lawsuits abound when the drunk causes harm and the fingers get pointed at the server. I'm not saying I'm against it but the current age of sue sue sue doesn't help the issue.

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, HSR said:

I don't think the topic is about kids working, most would agree that's a great thing :bc: It's about the kids serving alcohol and history has shown lawsuits abound when the drunk causes harm and the fingers get pointed at the server. I'm not saying I'm against it but the current age of sue sue sue doesn't help the issue.

I know I was just agreeing with ace about kids working and I’m sure most would agree it’s good. I have no issue with kids serving alcohol as a waiter/waitress either 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by 800renegaderider

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I know I was just agreeing with ace about kids working and I’m sure most would agree it’s good. I have no issue with kids serving alcohol as a waiter/waitress either 🤷‍♂️.

Yup in this day and age I don’t see the issue. The lefts gender ideology is significantly more destructive than having a 14 year old hand someone a beer 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yup in this day and age I don’t see the issue. The lefts gender ideology is significantly more destructive than having a 14 year old hand someone a beer 

As long as they are supervised I can't see the issue but common sense means little these days. Now personally I wouldn't want my 14 year old daughter serving a bunch of drunks either so there is that to consider.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

As long as they are supervised I can't see the issue but common sense means little these days. Now personally I wouldn't want my 14 year old daughter serving a bunch of drunks either so there is that to consider.

In a bar or lounge I agree. In a restaurant I think it’s not a big deal 

• Like 2