Check your account email address ×

Important service announcement for the paranoids among us.

41 minutes ago, Snake said:

Plenty of places considering no place for a proper shower.... :lol:

35 gallons of fresh water with an on demand water heater. It’s good for 10 days in the bush. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Chics must love it.

Met a lady with a Range Rover/AluCab conversion at a campground two weeks ago. We’re traveling together starting mid august. Should be a good time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

35 gallons of fresh water with an on demand water heater. It’s good for 10 days in the bush. 

Where in Utah did you buy?  You told me but I can't remember.  More towards Hurricane right?

My wife's cousin bought a Winnebago Solis.  I think they start at $140k.

11 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Where in Utah did you buy?  You told me but I can't remember.  More towards Hurricane right?

My wife's cousin bought a Winnebago Solis.  I think they start at $140k.

Purchased some acreage near Apple Valley. Also have a few parcels in southern Arizona. I haven’t made a decision where I want to settle. That’s about right for a Solis. Class B rv’s are still selling strong and holding their value. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Purchased some acreage near Apple Valley. Also have a few parcels in southern Arizona. I haven’t made a decision where I want to settle. 

How much acreage?  What do they do for water out there?  Is it piped in or can you drill a well?

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Snake said:

The irony of using the word paranoid while living in a bug out buggy... :lol:

To be fair you bought an off grid camp and won’t put your money in the bank. Also I would love to have an off grid camp so I’m not being critical whatsoever.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

To be fair you bought an off grid camp and won’t put your money in the bank. Also I would love to have an off grid camp so I’m not being critical whatsoever.

I bought the camp because it gave me 1200 feet of frontage on ITS 85, a multi use trail in the heart of sled and XSX territory. And because you can't get 30 acres and a camp, yes, outfitted with solar, for the $40k purchase price. Off grid was simply because running power poles would cost 10x as much.

It is off grid because it is in the middle of nowhere.

I take 10% of our money from the bank every month. Having good cash on hand saved me thousands over the past year. Paying cash for the floors saved me 13%. Paying cash for the kitchen saved me 10%. All without having the bank send out a red flag for me taking out $10k plus. I will admit I don't like my money under the scrutiny of the banking industry and the IRS.... but 90% (monthly) of our money is there, so that little piece of fiction you are swinging on is something you took hook, line and sinker from Stevie. Or are you under the assumption our 401k money in my mattress?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

How much acreage?  What do they do for water out there?  Is it piped in or can you drill a well?

Water rights are viewed as property in Utah. Water rights came with the property. It’s a small, 5 acre plot. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

See someone, take a pill.... ain't that how this shit works?

Paranoid individuals are the most dangerous in society. Often times outliers. I have no desire to alter any of that. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Snake said:

I bought the camp because it gave me 1200 feet of frontage on ITS 85, a multi use trail in the heart of sled and XSX territory. And because you can't get 30 acres and a camp, yes, outfitted with solar, for the $40k purchase price. Off grid was simply because running power poles would cost 10x as much.

It is off grid because it is in the middle of nowhere.

I take 10% of our money from the bank every month. Having good cash on hand saved me thousands over the past year. Paying cash for the floors saved me 13%. Paying cash for the kitchen saved me 10%. All without having the bank send out a red flag for me taking out $10k plus. I will admit I don't like my money under the scrutiny of the banking industry and the IRS.... but 90% (monthly) of our money is there, so that little piece of fiction you are swinging on is something you took hook, line and sinker from Stevie. Or are you under the assumption our 401k money in my mattress?

It was an offhand comment…didn’t realize it would trigger you so badly. 🤷🏻

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Met a lady with a Range Rover/AluCab conversion at a campground two weeks ago. We’re traveling together starting mid august. Should be a good time. 

Sounds like a woman who definitely don’t shave.....:stop:

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

I bet it is :bc:  I'd love to be doing what you are.

Lots of people going that direction. I think it would be fun for a while 

1 minute ago, toslow said:

Lots of people going that direction. I think it would be fun for a while 

I wouldn't want to do it long term but for 6 months or a year I think it would be helluva lot of fun and get to see lots of great back country areas. I have zero interest in high populated areas, hence why I live where I do.