Check your account email address ×

Colorado new EV tax credit

• Gold Member

Dang that makes some Tesla’s pretty cheap.  Under 38k for a model Y long range.  You get $12500 off from MSRP.  Pretty good deal for Colorado residents 

https://electrek.co/2023/05/29/colorado-ev-state-tax-credits/

Let’s say you want to buy a new Tesla Model Y Long Range with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive. I’ve not added any extras when choosing the model, so the cost is $50,490 before state sales tax.

This model already qualifies for the federal tax credit of $7,500, and from July 1, it also qualifies for Colorado’s state tax credit of $5,000.

That drops the price down to $37,990, and some folks in Colorado may qualify for rebates from their utilities as well.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd take the VW ID.4..Its by far a better vehicle, service is readily available at the local dealer, and you're "out the door" for much less

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Bohica is every democrats wet dream... easy to manipulate, and willing to spread the gospel.

Are you fucking serious? 

:lol:

love my electric car but I didn't realize my life would revolve around charging it

I was motivated by the climate crisis facing our world

akiko-hara.jpg

Akiko Hara - for CBC First Person 

Posted: 4 Hours Ago 

Akiko Hara charging EV Akiko Hara often faces long waits to charge her electric vehicle unless she goes early in the morning or late at night. (Submitted by Akiko Hara)

This First Person column is written by Akiko Hara, who lives in Vancouver. For more information about CBC's First Person stories, please see the FAQ.

Not again. All the electric vehicle charging stations were taken, and I knew I was in for at least a 30- to 40-minute wait. And yet, the app on my phone showed two chargers had been available five minutes ago. I had driven in this pouring rain for nothing, but what choice did I have? My EV needed charging for the next day's commute, and this was the closest station to my home.

When my old Hyundai Elantra received a death sentence at the repair shop in 2019, I decided that my new vehicle was going to be electric. Up until then, I had cared for the Earth by doing small things, such as using reusable grocery bags and recycling plastic and paper products. I wanted to do more. The demise of my gas-powered vehicle presented a perfect opportunity. I looked forward to driving a car that did not emit pollution or run on fossil fuel.  

ADVERTISEMENT

The fact that my condo wasn't equipped with an EV charger didn't seem a big obstacle. Considering the support from the provincial government and the increasing number of electric cars every year, I presumed that it would be only a matter of time before we installed chargers in our underground parking. Meanwhile, I could use public charging stations that were popping up around my neighbourhood. 

The price range of electric vehicles dampened my initial excitement. I couldn't afford any of them. Determined, I looked into second-hand EVs, and voila! There were plenty on the market. With a loan, I could afford one. After a month of research and field study, I purchased a second-hand 2016 Nissan Leaf. 

I was happy. I loved the "coulis red" colour and the slightly nerdy look of its bug-eyed headlights. What I enjoyed the most was how quietly it glided on the road. Zero emission gave me peace of mind that I made the right choice for a world facing climate change. I never missed the roaring of the engine or the smell of the gasoline. 

My first year of EV ownership was great. I utilized public EV chargers, most of which were free at that time, and enjoyed impromptu conversations with fellow EV drivers I met at the charging stations. 

"Excuse me, no rush, but I'm just wondering how long you might be here."

"Oh, just about ten more minutes