Check your account email address ×

California reparations panel OKs state apology, payments

21 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I like how they studied it for 2 years.  :lol:

Sounds like a group of people already got their reparations. 

I'm certain it was a volunteer group and not some overpaid appointees that just compile college studies from some hack grad student they are acquainted with.  

Edited by racinfarmer

16 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm certain it was a volunteer group and not some overpaid appointees that just compile college studies from some hack grad student they are acquainted with.  

Can’t find compensation, but I’m sure it paid well. 

5ECA12D7-EF8E-4B9B-A019-74FD8A985DB2.jpeg

1E6699C1-9762-41D7-9A45-64AEF1941F35.jpeg

3683BAA5-0264-4276-A5A1-2E035AB55688.jpeg

Seems like a very diverse group. 

https://equaljusticesociety.org/2021/05/07/gov-newsom-appoints-lisa-holder-to-calif-task-force-on-reparations-for-slavery/

As the country continues to confront a history of racial injustice, deeply rooted in the legacy of slavery and systemic racism, today, Governor Gavin Newsom appointed five individuals, including EJS Of Counsel Lisa Holder, to serve on the newly formed Task Force to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans.

The formation of this task force was made possible by the Governor’s signing of AB 3121, authored by then-Assemblymember Shirley Weber (D-San Diego), which established a nine-member task force to inform Californians about slavery and explore ways the state might provide reparations.

image.png.9674502765b57ad4cf9f438847fe204b.png

The five individuals selected by the Governor to serve on this task force represent diverse backgrounds and meet the statutes required by law, which include choosing one candidate from the field of academia with expertise in civil rights, and an additional two appointees selected from major civil society and reparations organizations that have historically championed the cause of reparatory justice. Other key factors considered for committee candidates included a background in economics and community development, health and psychology, law and criminal justice, faith-based and community activism, and an expertise in the historic achievement of reparatory justice.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I hope they get reparations. It would be worth it to see GOP’ers heads explode. :lol: 

I think it would probably pretty interesting to watch as California continues to circle the bowl, and anarchy breaks out. Didn’t I read that Newsom defaulted on some debt this week?

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I hope they get reparations. It would be worth it to see GOP’ers heads explode. :lol: 

I sort of do to just for the fun of watching 95% of them exactly where they were before winning the lottery 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I sort of do to just for the fun of watching 95% of them exactly where they were before winning the lottery 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Good point, it would probably be good for the economy having all that money at once dump into society...

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How much in taxes will these people be paying?

Oh come on now, that is a STUPID question - this will be dumped tax free, or they won't sign it!

29 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

This absolute insanity doesn't bother you? It should bother everybody in this country, it's pure lunacy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I think it would probably pretty interesting to watch as California continues to circle the bowl, and anarchy breaks out. Didn’t I read that Newsom defaulted on some debt this week?

It will be. California has enjoyed tremendous surpluses for years up until now. As such, lawmakers have no experience on budget cutting. It’ll be interesting to see what gets the ax. Expect tons of screaming as shit gets real. 

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

How much in taxes will these people be paying?

Lol like any of them Will pay there taxes.  The fines and penalties alone will be 5x what they got in the first decade . Then we will have to hear about tax forgiveness for blacks because as a culture they have never paid there bills so it would be racist to expect them to start just because they won the CA lotto 

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I'm buying stock in Lids and opening up a super sketch buy-here pay-here Charger, Challenger, and Hellcat anything dealership with a rent-o-rims shop next door.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I'm buying stock in Lids and opening up a super sketch buy-here pay-here Charger, Challenger, and Hellcat anything dealership with a rent-o-rims shop next door.

Less than 12 mo over 1/2 will be back on public assistance 

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Did you see that has big fishing opener is in a park this year?

I'm guessing after the whole Viddy thing, there are not too many resorts and whatnot are fond to hoost his sorry ass.  Even more so now with how whacko the D's have gone since the last election.  

He's not even going to be there for it.

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

This absolute insanity doesn't bother you? It should bother everybody in this country, it's pure lunacy.

Doesn’t bother nor effect me in the least. 

1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

He's not even going to be there for it.

His staff wanted to hold it out here after "opening up" from the Viddy shutdown.  

Every place they asked turned them down and told them to not bother calling back to see if they changed their minds.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

His staff wanted to hold it out here after "opening up" from the Viddy shutdown.  

Every place they asked turned them down and told them to not bother calling back to see if they changed their minds.

Don't blame em one bit. I'm guessing if he wasn't going to his daughters graduation he'd get an earful if he actually attended. 

1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

Don't blame em one bit. I'm guessing if he wasn't going to his daughters graduation he'd get an earful if he actually attended. 

He isn't welcome in many places of rocks and cows.

Deputy's funerals, for example.