Check your account email address ×

Dave Sparks Cabin Burried in Utah

ckf

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Crazy snow depth in many parts of the west. 

That's a lot of snow that has to melt. The picture on the video thumbnail is the 3rd story window.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's a lot of snow that has to melt. The picture on the video thumbnail is the 3rd story window.

I was trying to find a video i seen the other day from out in the midwest somewhere showing the tops of vehicles starting to surface from the snow melting. They better hope thinks warm up slowly out there, with the doors and windows popping there's going to be a fair amount of water damage along with god knows what structural damages. Once the snow is gone they may have to completely remove the roof and redo it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Just got back from a vacation where we talked to some people from California that are big into skiing.   They said lots of resorts there are advertising already that they will have open runs on the 4th of July.  :wow:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Just got back from a vacation where we talked to some people from California that are big into skiing.   They said lots of resorts there are advertising already that they will have open runs on the 4th of July.  :wow:

I wouldn't be surprised if some could go even longer. Maybe even into next fall / winter.

I think it was the summer of 2012 the little woman and I took a road trip to Yellowstone, 2nd week of June... They were still riding sleds in the Big Horns, and they had just punched open the road going into the park out of Cody, WY.  This will be one of those years for sure...

I must say, digging that cabin out does not look fun, but they sure made an adventure of it.

• Like 1

Ski resort in Utah that usually open till 4th of July is leaving summer open.

may not close this summer.

At 70’ of snow as of week ago.

think they got a bunch again this week!!

• Like 1