Check your account email address ×

Deja Vu?

The Bruins domination of the NHL this year reminds me of the Patriots domination of the NFL in 2007.  Interesting to consider, will the end result be Deja Vu?  I know one team that won't win it, and that's our beloved Minnesota Mild, er Wild.  

Gus is getting the net tonight , Faber is playing and Ek has skated 3 times already and with the team this morning. I’m guessing he is cleared to play. Basically that’s the best case scenario and we have a chance. Oettinger could completely shut us down though and it’s gonna be up to our D and Gus to do what they’ve done all year. Seriously love watching Faber. Makes me feel better about Fiala that he has looked like a legit top pair dman in his cup of coffee so far. 

Yeah, I'm definitely happy to see Gus getting the start between the pipes tonight.  I was worried Fleury would get Game 1 ... mostly because of the bullshit that played out last year when Talbot should have started (and Fleury just ain't Fleury anymore).  IMO, the West is open for anyone to win.  But let's face it Ben - it's a MN sports team and we all know they'll lose :lol2:  The East?  It's hard to envision Boston losing 4 games out of 7, but anything's possible.

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yeah, I'm definitely happy to see Gus getting the start between the pipes tonight.  I was worried Fleury would get Game 1 ... mostly because of the bullshit that played out last year when Talbot should have started (and Fleury just ain't Fleury anymore).  IMO, the West is open for anyone to win.  But let's face it Ben - it's a MN sports team and we all know they'll lose :lol2:  The East?  It's hard to envision Boston losing 4 games out of 7, but anything's possible.

I watched the Twolves last night , it basically was a good primer for the wild tonight lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I watched the Twolves last night , it basically was a good primer for the wild tonight lol 

I know you & I butt heads a lot, but seriously man ... you gotta stop giving me easy material to bust your balls.  You seriously watched an NBA game, and of all teams to watch you chose the T-Wolves??  Why weren't you watching the US Women's hockey team taking down Canada???

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

I know you & I butt heads a lot, but seriously man ... you gotta stop giving me easy material to bust your balls.  You seriously watched an NBA game, and of all teams to watch you chose the T-Wolves??  Why weren't you watching the US Women's hockey team taking down Canada???

I used to like basketball about 20 years ago. Haven’t watched the wolves since 2004. Watched the playoffs last year and it was enjoyable. The effort goes up significantly in the postseason. I can’t watch regular season. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I used to like basketball about 20 years ago. Haven’t watched the wolves since 2004. Watched the playoffs last year and it was enjoyable. The effort goes up significantly in the postseason. I can’t watch regular season. 

I used to like the NBA, too but I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon and think the transition to what it is now absolutely sucks.  I can't stand Lebron and what he did by establishing the whole "mega team" bullshit.  He may be one of the best to ever play, but he's a cunt.  I'll take college buckets any time, but the NBA?  No thanks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They’re a good team , really sucks about Svetch and Patches 

It's a long grind of a  season...it's gotta suck to go down right before the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

It's a long grind of a  season...it's gotta suck to go down right before the playoffs. 

For sure , absolute torture to watch your team play without you. Svech cranked up the siren to get things started!!

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Gotta love playoff hockey ... some good games last night!!

Kap is hurt and Zucc has gone from capable to aged out in 3 months. That top line is gonna struggle. Marjo and Boldy looked fine but not as good as with Ek there. Nyquist was awesome. 

Faber stole the show though. He had the best advanced stats of any player in the game. Insane how good he is. He is going to be very expensive in two years when his ELC expires