Check your account email address ×

Let’s be blunt — legal weed is turning New York workers into zombies

I ran up to the cottage in the UP yesterday morning to check the place over, get a mouse kill count and swap out glue traps.  In Iron River there's two pot stores and one in Crystal Falls... all three had a long line of young folks standing outside at 9AM lined up to buy pot and when I drove back home there was still lines at all three.  Frankly the younger people I interact with on a daily basis in life certainly don't need weed, they need constant motivation.   I honestly hope we never go the 'legal' route here in Wisconsin but am not opposed to decriminalizing it.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

"They’re stoned up the wazoo, hollow-eyed, disengaged from their tasks, their breath reeking of weed"

You get fired for drinking on the job so the same applies here. Only benefit of having people stoned is they are more calm and relaxed

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I ran up to the cottage in the UP yesterday morning to check the place over, get a mouse kill count and swap out glue traps.  In Iron River there's two pot stores and one in Crystal Falls... all three had a long line of young folks standing outside at 9AM lined up to buy pot and when I drove back home there was still lines at all three.  Frankly the younger people I interact with on a daily basis in life certainly don't need weed, they need constant motivation.   I honestly hope we never go the 'legal' route here in Wisconsin but am not opposed to decriminalizing it.  

There are so many of them in Massachusetts I beleive some will start closing soon.

Investors are pissed that they are not seeing the returns they were promised.

• Like 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

"They’re stoned up the wazoo, hollow-eyed, disengaged from their tasks, their breath reeking of weed"

You get fired for drinking on the job so the same applies here. Only benefit of having people stoned is they are more calm and relaxed

And not hung over the next day

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

and, less attentive and lazier... ;)

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

There are so many of them in Massachusetts I beleive some will start closing soon.

here's a great example of... well, read it

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/welcome-to-denver-a-hellhole-of-drugs

I'm not interested in seeing that here 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/welcome-to-denver-a-hellhole-of-drugs

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephenmcbride1/2019/08/30/the-reason-pot-stocks-will-never-recover/?sh=15a1ea9d7030

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Denver International, the third-busiest airport in the world

That surprised me

• Gold Member

I just read local in mass that INSA is laying workers off. 

We have a guy at work teetering on the edge of losing his job, he stopped drinking heavily because of liver problems and threw pot in the nightly mix to make up. His attention span has dropped dramatically and his job times have increased by 15 to 25 percent. We have alot of repeat work and it's easy to see. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

I just read local in mass that INSA is laying workers off. 

We have a guy at work teetering on the edge of losing his job, he stopped drinking heavily because of liver problems and threw pot in the nightly mix to make up. His attention span has dropped dramatically and his job times have increased by 15 to 25 percent. We have alot of repeat work and it's easy to see. 

I stopped in one in Billerica at 11 am. I was the only customer there.

That being said we service the system at " natures remedy" in Tyngsboro . It sits literaly on the state line . 3/4 of the cars have NH plates. That place is booming.

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Unless your a combo grow operation, medical and recreational business your done in Mass.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Unless your a combo grow operation, medical and recreational business your done in Mass.

Not to mention , many smokers , myself included, Have had someone to get it from for yrs and have no desire to pay 25 % more to fund the legislature.

• Like 2

That being said we service the system at " natures remedy" in Tyngsboro . It sits literaly on the state line . 3/4 of the cars have NH plates. That place is booming.

Mission in Georgetown, MA

https://missiondispensaries.com/dispensaries/ma/georgetown/?utm_source=google-gmb&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=georgetown

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Good thing is prices are down. I keep a couple vape pens around for occasional use but that's about the extent of it. 

the two stores in Iron River are literally right across the state line from Wisconsin

there's another south of Crystal Falls right across the river from Wisconsin

fine... keep it across the line

to me, the Denver/Colorado experiment is/was a controlled test to see what could happen.  Here's where I feel they made their biggest mistake... 

Then came legalization. Unlike decriminalization, Amendment 64 legalized the possession, sale, cultivation, and transportation of marijuana. Politicians on the Left and Right — representing the state, cities, counties, and towns — facilitated the launch of a marijuana industry that would push the drug and generate tax revenues.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

the two stores in Iron River are literally right across the state line from Wisconsin

there's another south of Crystal Falls right across the river from Wisconsin

fine... keep it across the line

to me, the Denver/Colorado experiment is/was a controlled test to see what could happen.  Here's where I feel they made their biggest mistake... 

Then came legalization. Unlike decriminalization, Amendment 64 legalized the possession, sale, cultivation, and transportation of marijuana. Politicians on the Left and Right — representing the state, cities, counties, and towns — facilitated the launch of a marijuana industry that would push the drug and generate tax revenues.

Yep, my wife wants legalization here. I told her we already have decriminalization. Thats good enough.

• Like 1

Yep, my wife wants legalization here. I told her we already have decriminalization. Thats good enough.

The broad-based degradation started when voters approved Amendment 64 in 2012, which established the civilized world’s most lenient marijuana law. Critics argue legalization, problematic on its own, became a "gateway policy" that lowers political resistance to other illicit drugs. Indeed, in 2019, the Colorado Legislature and Democratic Gov. Jared Polis essentially decriminalized all schedule 1 and 2 drugs — including fentanyl, the nation’s leading killer of people ages 18-45.

this, should get people's attention on the legalization front... idk that it will but it stands out to me.

31 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Good thing is prices are down. I keep a couple vape pens around for occasional use but that's about the extent of it

Same here but those damn cartridge's either plug up or don't pull anything after sitting for some time. I have a couple in the barn and a half dozen in the house that don't work anymore and there's plenty left in them  :sad: I like them because they are quick, easy and don't smell

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Same here but those damn cartridge's either plug up or don't pull anything after sitting for some time. I have a couple in the barn and a half dozen in the house that don't work anymore and there's plenty left in them  :sad: I like them because they are quick, easy and don't smell

Hahahaha.. I know the trick to emptying them completely but I’d never tell you.

What a dumb fuck. Must be a Midwest thing.

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Maybe try hitting it to see if it puts you in a little better mood. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

Maybe try hitting it to see if it puts you in a little better mood. :dunno:

I’m plenty fine. 
Go ahead and jump on the bandwagon. 
I have a fantastic life and plenty happy. 
I don’t like liberals or the left in general because they are out to destroy this country. 
That’s all I generally talk about besides defending myself against all the morons in here. 
Over and out.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I’m plenty fine. 
I don’t like liberals or the left in general because they are out to destroy this country. 
That’s all I generally talk about besides defending myself against all the morons in here. 
Over and out.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

No big deal I’ll just buy more but thanks! 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I’m plenty fine. 
Over and out.

You come in here like an asshole who just got pissed on every single time. You ain’t fine buy any stretch

• Like 2
  • Haha 1