Check your account email address ×

There's a plan in Congress to start charging troops for their GI Bill benefits

10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Republicans support Veterans...yeah right they do.

There's a plan in Congress to start charging troops for their GI Bill benefits

Source: Military Times

WASHINGTON — A congressional proposal to make service members buy into their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits surprised veterans groups on Tuesday, with advocates divided over whether it amounts to a long-term fix for the benefit or an unfair bill for veterans.

“This new tax on troops is absurd,” said Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander Brian Duffy in a statement. “Ensuring veterans are able to successfully transition back to civilian life after military service is a cost of war, and not a fee that Congress can just pass along to our troops.

“Congress must stop nickeling and diming America’s service members and veterans.”

The plan — draft legislation from House Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Phil Roe, R-Tenn. — would deduct $2,400 from future service members’ paychecks to establish eligibility for revamped post-military education benefits. This was first reported Tuesday by Task & Purpose.

Read more: http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/gi-bill-benefits-new-fees-future-enlistees-house-lawmakers

just 1 more fail in a long long list of mainecunt repost fails . just end it all and save your family any more shame

23 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yep. The free 9/11 bill was designed to incentivize people to join during GWOT... No reason they can't spread $2400 over two years for what can equal an easy $100k in bennies. If you don't want it, opt out. I payed into the MGIB, and transferred to the post 9/11 because it was a sweet deal, didn't get by 1200 back though. 

$20,000 barely covers the housing allowance you get. I was getting $1560 a month just for housing. Tuition. Book stipend. Then stacked federal and state grants on that. I was pulling over $2500+ a month into my pocket to go to school. No reason at all we can't pay to play. 

I get it's one of those topics that says look at me I care (cough cough MC), but the pay in is a good way to ensure it's solvency for decades to come. The GI Bill whether Montgomery or Post 9/11 are some of the best benneifts offered. 

Good summary of what is actually going on... :bc:

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, Anler said:

Good summary of what is actually going on... :bc:

When went through and even after in my travels I actually met some people that didn't want to pay the $1200 and opted out of the GI bill....  I went through my apprenticeship that was a vet as well that opted out.  He was kicking himself for not kicking in the $100 a month for a year.

Good topic fellas .....very informative

Two takeaways - 

MC posted another topic and was quickly beat down and exposed as a hack 

The entire military is a gigantic waste of fucking money serving no purpose at all 

10-4

26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Good topic fellas .....very informative

Two takeaways - 

MC posted another topic and was quickly beat down and exposed as a hack 

The entire military is a gigantic waste of fucking money serving no purpose at all 

10-4

The military is serving to get me a MBA for free. Thank you for your service to me Benny. 

• Like 1

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The military is serving to get me a MBA for free. Thank you for your service to me Benny. 

:lol: another fucking know it all MBA .....just what we need

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Tricks on you BENJAMIN! I knew everything long before I started my MBA. Suck one, time machine costs likke $20 Billion. 

Fuck I'm huungover ..someone decipher this dripperese for me

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Idiocracy? The most accurate representation of the Trump and post Trump administrations.

Fuck how'd I miss that ....and spot on......President Comacho

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

Get out and into government, I'll vote for you.

Dude, he thinks he can buy a time machine for $20 billion!!!  Is that who you want in office?  Any fuck face knows a few C-notes, two trips to Home Depot and a stop at the liquor store can get you a time machine done for Christ's sake! 

A powerful one too. The most powerful.  Very, very powerful.  Hugely powerful!

:lol:

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Dude, he thinks he can buy a time machine for $20 billion!!!  Is that who you want in office?  Any fuck face knows a few C-notes, two trips to Home Depot and a stop at the liquor store can get you a time machine done for Christ's sake! 

A powerful one too. The most powerful.  Very, very powerful.  Hugely powerful!

:lol:

Z... HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE MOVIE IDIOCRACY?! 

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

Can you imagine if spin had to compete with real head doctors, instead of having them sent to him?

I think he's scared for his meal ticket.

How the fuck can you type this shit when your entire financial situation is dependent on government cheese......its fucking stunning hypocrisy 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

How the fuck can you type this shit when your entire financial situation is dependent on government cheese......its fucking stunning hypocrisy 

If having individuals and corporations paying their taxes due while in bankruptcy is bad, I don't wanna be right. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well said.

Just now, Snake said:

If having individuals and corporations paying their taxes due while in bankruptcy is bad, I don't wanna be right. :bc:

I dont understand this post but I totally agree :bc: lolz

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I dont understand this post but I totally agree :bc: lolz

That's her job.

She ensures that through bankruptcy proceedings people PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.