Check your account email address ×

New Ferrari model

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Looks like the good candidate for them to transition into a full EV potentially higher volume car

I am amazed at how they can keep raising prices the way they do and still sell them as fast as they can build them.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I am amazed at how they can keep raising prices the way they do and still sell them as fast as they can build them.

Lots of athletes and CEOs with small weiners.

27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The used exotic market is still insane.  Not sure I get it.

So is the HD truck market.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So is the HD truck market.

That may get deflated soon, if what i'm hearing about repo rates is true.  Ferrari buyers generally pay cash, but not these kids taking 7 year 1300-1500 buck a month loans.

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Hard to even buy a new Ferrari .

Usually they want you to own a few already. Unless things have changed. 

My ex brother in law works here, has had several positions, think he's the Aston service mgr now.  Owner started up here, moved to Florida, came out of the closet and ditched his trophy wife, bought a dealer in Miami area that had been seized by the DEA for short short money, and built it into a powerhouse.  He dealt with a lot of celebs and star athletes, came back from lunch one day and Lenny Kravitz was sitting at his desk waiting to pick up his Ferrari.  :lol:

https://www.thecollection.com

• Like 2

Nothing has changed.  If you are not already a preferred customer or have an established relationship with a dealer you start by buying them used and eventually get the opportunity to buy one new.

They have done really well modelling their business after arctic cat.

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My ex brother in law works here, has had several positions, think he's the Aston service mgr now.  Owner started up here, moved to Florida, came out of the closet and ditched his trophy wife, bought a dealer in Miami area that had been seized by the DEA for short short money, and built it into a powerhouse.  He dealt with a lot of celebs and star athletes, came back from lunch one day and Lenny Kravitz was sitting at his desk waiting to pick up his Ferrari.  :lol:

https://www.thecollection.com

I guess Ken looks a little fruity . 

Rich and Gay , Snowriders dream Guy! :lol:

AF415CD0-5FB7-4199-9ED8-4E83C226EE90.png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That may get deflated soon, if what i'm hearing about repo rates is true.  Ferrari buyers generally pay cash, but not these kids taking 7 year 1300-1500 buck a month loans.

Maybe I should pull the plug on my 23 I ordered and wait for a 24. All that will mean is I'll get less for my trade likely. Right now I'm getting more than I paid for it new.

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

7 year 1500 isn't going to buy you a Ferrari.  Hell won't hardly buy you a pickup these days.  The bottom better drop out of this ridiculousness soon.

18 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Hard to even buy a new Ferrari .

Usually they want you to own a few already. Unless things have changed. 

Hasn't changed.  Can get on a long waiting list if you don't have one, but once you do it's pretty easy to get the next.  Good friend has 8 now and they ask him all the time if he'd like the latest and greatest.  Of course if you are willing to pay, you can have one now.  A couple weeks ago when I stopped in the local dealer they had a new SF90 but their price on it was $849k....just a wee bit of markup.

• Like 1

I really don't have the coin to buy exotics but my brother does.  He started his journey buying a couple of Lambo's then a couple of McLarens and now he has his first Ferrari.  Bought it used but he is wondering if he would ever want a new one as he has done really well buying very low mileage barely driven cars that have taken whatever depreciation hit they do in the first couple of years.  Then when he gets tired of the car sells it and moves on to another low mileage used, usually still under full manufacturer warranty or in the case of the McLarens just purchase an annual service contract that covers everything that could go wrong with the car for the low low price of $5K per year.

The used Ferrari he recently bought comes with all maintenance included for the next 3 years so running costs are not that bad all things considered.  Once the initial depreciation hit happens his cars have all held their values fairly well - up until recently anyway.  Ferrari values historically do well compared to the others.  

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Maybe I should pull the plug on my 23 I ordered and wait for a 24. All that will mean is I'll get less for my trade likely. Right now I'm getting more than I paid for it new.

I need a new truck too. Used stuff is just dumb . Might as well go brand new. 

What did you order? Im still between brands . 

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

I need a new truck too. Used stuff is just dumb . Might as well go brand new. 

What did you order? Im still between brands . 

23 F 450

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

badass...im leaning towards F250 7.3 gasser. 

A friend of mine has a few of those in his fleet. He's very happy with them so far. Most of his trucks sit idling a fair bit and his diesels were plugging up the dpfs all the time.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

A friend of mine has a few of those in his fleet. He's very happy with them so far. Most of his trucks sit idling a fair bit and his diesels were plugging up the dpfs all the time.

ive heard some issues with the lifters and cam on the 7.3. bad run I guess. only thing that has me kinda worried. Ive always been a GM guy. 

But i guess thats what warranty is for 

13 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

ive heard some issues with the lifters and cam on the 7.3. bad run I guess. only thing that has me kinda worried. Ive always been a GM guy. 

But i guess thats what warranty is for 

:bc: