Check your account email address ×

I was fired from my internship for writing a proposal for a more flexible dress code

9 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

I would have let them go as well. They are interns. If they have the nerve to stir the pot already can you imagine what they will be like after a few years. :news: nip it in the bud early and start fresh 

Exactly. Get them gone. And i dont know where some of you work but in my field you dont have to wear a suit but A lot of people do.

The main point is this... Ideas a great... But when your told no and you go around your managers back your asking to get fired. You need to walk before you can run and these idiots think they can just walk in and be a director.... Takes time to earn respect. I dont give 0 fucks what degree you have or who your dad or where you used to work in high school just get to work like everyone else. No fucking around especially when you are new or an intern.

5 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Exactly. Get them gone. And i dont know where some of you work but in my field you dont have to wear a suit but A lot of people do.

The main point is this... Ideas a great... But when your told no and you go around your managers back your asking to get fired. You need to walk before you can run and these idiots think they can just walk in and be a director.... Takes time to earn respect. I dont give 0 fucks what degree you have or who your dad or where you used to work in high school just get to work like everyone else. No fucking around especially when you are new or an intern.

Bottom line, (Storm, pay attention here, idiot) there are no safe spaces in the real world. You can't, as an unpaid peon, attempt to usurp (that means to take power by force or illegally, Storm) the people who run the show.

Yale, Harvard, MizzU etc. have all FAILED their students by preparing them for a life in........ college.

28 minutes ago, Snake said:

Bottom line, (Storm, pay attention here, idiot) there are no safe spaces in the real world. You can't, as an unpaid peon, attempt to usurp (that means to take power by force or illegally, Storm) the people who run the show.

Yale, Harvard, MizzU etc. have all FAILED their students by preparing them for a life in........ college.

no fucking shit Sherlock.:lol:

3 hours ago, Delgaty said:

Nothing going wrong with asking.  I think a simple "no" from management would have been appropriate.  No reason to fire anyone.  I think the best way to do it would have been to wear shoes like the guy who broke code and if you're questioned just act as if you thought it was OK because you saw someone else (don't name) wearing them.  Lots of places have dress codes that aren't enforced.

There is every reason plus to fire them.  Not to mention legal right to do so.  As mentioned briefly already, a lot of that bullshit falls under "Usurping Corporate (or private) Enterprise" laws.  The second idiot one decided to start speaking his mind and recruiting others to go against company policy...GAME OVER.  FIRED WITH CAUSE.

19 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Your a God dam intern.

Just think, liberals want to pay these interns $15/hr.  Maybe at that price point they felt embolden and necessary to provide ideas. 

Edited by racer254

7 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I thought interns work for free-like bored does for me.:dunno:

Maybe mc is starting to realize the idiocy of some of the ideas he is supporting.  Unintended consequences.

Edited by racer254

29 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I thought interns work for free-like bored does for me.:dunno:

No you have to pay me 15 per hour 24\7. Pay pal is fine. Only a liberal would ask for free labor.

1 minute ago, Boered said:

No you have to pay me 15 per hour 24\7. Pay pal is fine. Only a liberal would ask for free labor.

I believe the black slave owners were capitalist .

This is why you're a intern..the experience you will get form me is priceless...pay attention.:bc:

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Maybe mc is starting to realize the idiocy of some of the ideas he is supporting.  Unintended consequences.

A normal person may step back and think just a bit...if maybe only a bit.  A liberal will just rage, sulk and only justify his mindset to knowing that the rest of us are idiots.

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

I believe the black slave owners were capitalist .

This is why you're a intern..the experience you will get form me is priceless...pay attention.:bc:

:lmao:

3 hours ago, Ebsell said:

I would have let them go as well. They are interns. If they have the nerve to stir the pot already can you emagine what they will be like after a few years. :news: nip it in the bud early and start fresh 

Teamsters? IBEW members?

8 hours ago, Delgaty said:

Nothing going wrong with asking.  I think a simple "no" from management would have been appropriate.  No reason to fire anyone.  I think the best way to do it would have been to wear shoes like the guy who broke code and if you're questioned just act as if you thought it was OK because you saw someone else (don't name) wearing them.  Lots of places have dress codes that aren't enforced.

They are interns!  They are there for 3-6 months and if this is the petty BS they are worried about, I'd have sent them packing.  They are there to learn, and part of the learning is professionalism.  

7 hours ago, Snake said:

Are you saying I should show up for work tomorrow with a beard, sneakers, and cut offs, then ask my boss if I can do everything ass backwards?

Foreman was right. When you get paid for ideas, give them. Otherwise STFU. I saw 2 idiots get fired by my father for thinking they were smarter than him.... one was my oldest brother.

We had a guy who worked for the farm and constantly bitched about the equipment and semis.  CaseIH's are better then the Deere's and Cats.  So and so has a pair of fancy Peterbilts that their employees drive, why do we have low rent Freightliners and Kenworths, etc.

I hope he got to work for someone with a fancy Pete he could drive after he was released back into the wilds of the employment hunt.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

They are interns!  They are there for 3-6 months and if this is the petty BS they are worried about, I'd have sent them packing.  They are there to learn, and part of the learning is professionalism.  

We had a guy who worked for the farm and constantly bitched about the equipment and semis.  CaseIH's are better then the Deere's and Cats.  So and so has a pair of fancy Peterbilts that their employees drive, why do we have low rent Freightliners and Kenworths, etc.

I hope he got to work for someone with a fancy Pete he could drive after he was released back into the wilds of the employment hunt.  

Fuck I can't stand people like that....don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Another shining example of the sense of entitlement the millenials seem to have bred into them. After all their whole lives they got trophies just for showing up. When at work those who own / run the business tell you what to do. A bunch of new interns are not about to tell the management how to run their business. One person asking a question is one thing but signing a petition is something totally different. Business is not a democracy. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hLpE1Pa8vvI?autoplay=1&autohide=1&showinfo=0&iv_load_policy=3&rel=0

Edited by 02sled