Check your account email address ×

Sam Harris suggests that it would have been better if hundreds of thousands of children died from Covid so that people that disagree with him would be wrong

Rod

36 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

He did not say unlucky ever.

No, he isn’t, but I am not going to lie about what he said.

Neal

I will admit this is wrong, he did say the word unlucky.  He wasn’t conveying that his position was that overall we are unlucky COVID wasn’t worse.

Neal

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

He isn’t a shit for brains at all.  The opposite in fact.

”In some sense” is an important contextual container here.  He also goes on to speak to the shattering of society around the issue.  He isn’t supporting the position of hoping the disease was worse, he was giving hypotheticals about how close we are to not having a big rift in society.

His position isn’t that either.  Good god.

Neal

He is absolutely shit for brains for making any of the statements he did in that fucking video.  Making excuses for this fuck stick is even more ridiculous.  

44 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Damn he sure poured some sand in your vagina!

Neal

Not at all.  He's just a shit for brains talking absolute shit.  You just go ahead and make some more excuses for all of his total bullshit and then try to say you just need to understand the context.  Um, I can hear what he is saying and it's complete and utter bullshit.  

But then again if pigs could fly I could have my own personal air force.  If only water was gasoline I could power my car with it.  Maybe if my dog shit solid gold bricks, instead of shit, I could end world hunger.  

The context is he is a complete narcissistic shit for brains asshole. 

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Not at all.  He's just a shit for brains talking absolute shit.  You just go ahead and make some more excuses for all of his total bullshit and then try to say you just need to understand the context.  Um, I can hear what he is saying and it's complete and utter bullshit.  

But then again if pigs could fly I could have my own personal air force.  If only water was gasoline I could power my car with it.  Maybe if my dog shit solid gold bricks, instead of shit, I could end world hunger.  

The context is he is a complete narcissistic shit for brains asshole. 

Definitely sandy.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

In some sense dude.  That is an important part and not given by the the zealots who are screaming “Sam Harris said we are unlucky COVID wasn’t worse!”

On the onset he said the exact opposite, without the in some sense qualifier.  

You are suckered in with hyperbolic language.

Neal

:lmao:  Exactly the response I expected. 

Edited by Highmark

Dude basically also suggested that he’d rather Biden get elected over trump even if hunter Biden was a serial child murderer 

the look on the other guys faces in the room was like what the fuck dude 

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Dude basically also suggested that he’d rather Biden get elected over trump even if hunter Biden was a serial child murderer 

the look on the other guys faces in the room was like what the fuck dude 

Sure did, Hunter being a child serial killer would be an independent issue from Joe Biden’s election.  

Trumpers got ass-sore because the laptop distraction flopped bigly.

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sure did, Hunter being a child serial killer would be an independent issue from Joe Biden’s election.  

Neal

Not sure if you’re suggesting that hunter Biden being a serial child murder would be better than trump being president?

Neal

People believed the laptop wasn't real. It surely would've swayed some voters likely if the truth was known beforehand. Enough to turn the election in favor of Trump, unlikely.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Not sure if you’re suggesting that hunter Biden being a serial child murder would be better than trump being president?

Nope, just suggesting the same as Sam.  The issues are independent from each other, the poo flinging wouldn’t (and didn’t) stick as was hoped for.

Sam hated Trump and showing Trumpers that  11th hour unrelated distractions wouldn’t derail his vote.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Nope, just suggesting the same as Sam.  The issues are independent from each other, the poo flinging wouldn’t (and didn’t) stick as was hoped for.

Sam hated Trump and showing Trumpers that  11th hour unrelated distractions wouldn’t derail his vote.

Neal

But they are related. The issue is that hunters corruption is related to joe. The 10% for the “big guy”

and you seem to love it for some reason 

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

People believed the laptop wasn't real. It surely would've swayed some voters likely if the truth was known beforehand. Enough to turn the election in favor of Trump, unlikely.

It turned out to be a bust for those hoping it would sway the election.  Sam was just making a hyperbolic point about how much off election stories would have to be to impact his vote.

Neal

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It turned out to be a bust for those hoping it would sway the election.  Sam was just making a hyperbolic point about how much off election stories would have to be to impact his vote.

Neal

If they thought it wouldn’t affect the election, then why was there massive collusion between the FBI and DNC to cover it up? Seems like a lot of effort to go through for no benefit 

Never heard of this Sam fellow until this thread, but looks like there are some interesting 'debates' with Jordan Peterson. Only 10 minutes in so far on below video but from the sounds of it they agree on more things that they disagree on and both respect each other.

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Never heard of this Sam fellow until this thread, but looks like there are some interesting 'debates' with Jordan Peterson. Only 10 minutes in so far on below video but from the sounds of it they agree on more things that they disagree on and both respect each other.

Sam was a big advocate on the importance of free speech until TDS ruined him 

actually Sam and Jordan’s first talk sucked because they were trying to play “gotcha” with each other the entire time rather than actually just have a conversation 

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

If they thought it wouldn’t affect the election, then why was there massive collusion between the FBI and DNC to cover it up? Seems like a lot of effort to go through for no benefit 

Sam isn’t the DNC.  He has historically had balanced positions between right and left issues.

High effort for minimal benefit is the Washington way man.

Neal

Sam isn’t the DNC.  He has historically had balanced positions between right and left issues.

High effort for minimal benefit is the Washington way man.

Neal

That’s literally not what I said or even suggested 

29 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Sam is an interesting debater/discussionist to watch.  

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sam is an interesting debater/discussionist to watch.  

Neal

He was until TDS killed him and he started saying that he’d rather have dead kids everywhere so he could be right 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

He was until TDS killed him and he started saying that he’d rather have dead kids everywhere so he could be right 

I see it more as the Trumper ball lappers all agitated that Sam berated Trump.  Sam saw right through the pompous waste of a presidency that was Trump.  

Neal

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I see it more as the Trumper ball lappers all agitated that Sam berated Trump.  Sam saw right through the pompous waste of a presidency that was Trump.  

Neal

I really don’t care about trump either way. He’s not a good man. It’s the depths of moral depravity that TDSers are willing to take themselves to just to “be right” that make me raise an eyebrow 

Edited by ACE

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I really don’t care about trump either way. He’s not a good man. It’s the depths of moral depravity that TDSers are willing to take themselves to just to “be right” 

Same can be said for Trumpers though.

• Like 1