Check your account email address ×

Traeger grills

I don't understand why everyone says charcoal is a pain in the ass. It doesn't take that long to get the coals going with a charcoal chimney. After that it's pretty much set it and forget it when you use the snake method. I'm making Montreal Smoked Meat on the Kettle right now :bbq:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't understand why everyone says charcoal is a pain in the ass. It doesn't take that long to get the coals going with a charcoal chimney. After that it's pretty much set it and forget it when you use the snake method. I'm making Montreal Smoked Meat on the Kettle right now :bbq:

You have to buy it...for one.

35 minutes ago, ckf said:

They are lazy idiots that don't know how to cook. It takes skill to become grill masters like you and I.:popcornchair::friends:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ckf said:

Lump charcoal and real wood is the only way to go. I use one of these, fire going in 5-10.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF00G3l28cPAlIMxS0FYv

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They are lazy idiots that don't know how to cook. It takes skill to become grill masters like you and I.:popcornchair::friends:

:true:  Hell, if F7behn can do it, anyone can do it, including Dave :lol: 

11 minutes ago, dz246 said:

:ckf: 

Right back at ya :bigfinger:

10 minutes ago, Doos said:

Lump charcoal and real wood is the only way to go. I use one of these, fire going in 5-10.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF00G3l28cPAlIMxS0FYv

Never tried one of those. I'll look for one next time I go to HD :bc: 

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Actually no...

My friends a dealer...but I get your point. I was thinking my propane bbq.

:wall:

Keep up numb-nuts, we are posting in a pellet grill thread :lol:

• Like 1

Charcoal tastes good and all but its just more work than i want to do. I had a charcoal grill for years and just got sick of coming home, cleaning out the ash, load up the chimney, let it burn for 15 minutes, scatter the coals around, cook the food, blah blah blah. I have a weber propane now. come home, fire it up, brush the grates down and start cooking!

And i can cook some bad ass ribs on it too. I have a little smoker box i fill with wood chips. Throw the ribs on indirect heat for 3-4 hours and boom! nice smokey taste and cooked to perfection every time. fuck charcoal...

16 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

This....,   and only a citiot would grill with propane.......... :flush: 

Propane is fine and quicker , if you know how to grill.

Most "steak houses" that you've been to aren't cooking with smoke or charcoal. Now what, little guy :news:

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Again, has nothing to do with not knowing how to grill, it's about time 

48 minutes ago, Anler said:

Charcoal tastes good and all but its just more work than i want to do. I had a charcoal grill for years and just got sick of coming home, cleaning out the ash, load up the chimney, let it burn for 15 minutes, scatter the coals around, cook the food, blah blah blah. I have a weber propane now. come home, fire it up, brush the grates down and start cooking!

And i can cook some bad ass ribs on it too. I have a little smoker box i fill with wood chips. Throw the ribs on indirect heat for 3-4 hours and boom! nice smokey taste and cooked to perfection every time. fuck charcoal...

Nothing wrong with being lazy and content with average food.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Most "steak houses" that you've been to aren't cooking with smoke or charcoal. Now what, little guy :news:

Again, has nothing to do with not knowing how to grill, it's about time 

If you know how to grill... :lol:

You know how to do everything better.

13 minutes ago, Dave said:

If you know how to grill... :lol:

You know how to do everything better.

He's right, all high end steak houses cook their steaks in a broiler. Grilling is high heat and the best way to do that is with gas. Smoking and bbq is lower heat and that's when you really taste the difference. I'll put a steak cooked on my Weber against one of your faggot pellet cooked steaks any day... :news:

12 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Propane is awful for anything other than hot dogs.