how much of your big bore or turbo power do you consistently utilize?

All of it, all the time.  My sled corners like it's on rails so no need to ever let off and keep the turbo spooling at all times.  Sled is also playful when at full boil, roosting and cat walking.....  

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, jdsky said:

All of it, all the time.  My sled corners like it's on rails so no need to ever let off and keep the turbo spooling at all times.  Sled is also playful when at full boil, roosting and cat walking.....  

I know you are lying because it's a Skidoo... they can't corner without changing all the springs and pulling the limiter strap.

:roflcrying:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I know you are lying because it's a Skidoo... they can't corner without changing all the springs and pulling the limiter strap.

Correct.  It is impossible to take a corner on a Doo.  Straight line riding only which is a bummer because there are only corners where I ride.  I am used to just riding up to corners then get off the sled, pull the ski's around get back on and ride to the next corner.  It's still fun though, keeps me in shape.  Really hard to do 200 mile days like this though......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Correct.  It is impossible to take a corner on a Doo.  Straight line riding only which is a bummer because there are only corners where I ride.  I am used to just riding up to corners then get off the sled, pull the ski's around get back on and ride to the next corner.  It's still fun though, keeps me in shape.  Really hard to do 200 mile days like this though......

that's why they don't add a recoil as std equipment, too much unnecessary weight to move around.

is it easy to drag the front of them around with the adjustable carbides fully extended?  

• Haha 2

wish I'd have taken a picture of the brand new piled up MXZ XRS last winter in Hayward that couldn't turn apparently and was piled into a 10"w maple tree.  everyone in our group, which were all Doo dwarves except me couldn't figure out how the hell it happened.  Apparently the rider should have been using your technique. :roflcrying:

You can ride a big bore quickly on the trail, but not aggressively.  With a smaller engine I get into a better flow with the trail and don't need to be as cautious when braking into corners and you can throw caution to the wind a little/lot more and ride with more aggression.

I can ride my zr900 pretty hard all day and never exceed half throttle.  Or I can ride something smaller and be pinning it before the apex and drifting through the entire turn absolutely trying to maximize the machine.  Both are fun but totally different styles, the ride is usually more interesting and engaging on the small sleds.

Big sled, more precise and controlled

Small sled, loose and crazy 

31 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You can ride a big bore quickly on the trail, but not aggressively.  With a smaller engine I get into a better flow with the trail and don't need to be as cautious when braking into corners and you can throw caution to the wind a little/lot more and ride with more aggression.

I can ride my zr900 pretty hard all day and never exceed half throttle.  Or I can ride something smaller and be pinning it before the apex and drifting through the entire turn absolutely trying to maximize the machine.  Both are fun but totally different styles, the ride is usually more interesting and engaging on the small sleds.

and your new trail sled has a what size engine?

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and your new trail sled has a what size engine?

10,060 cubic inches 

35 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I've even ridden with the famous @mnstang. Need to do it again as this was awhile ago.

Screenshot_20210105-155821_Facebook.jpg

I keep try to do a colab through Brett but it hasn't worked yet.  We could meet somewhere in the middle and then ride drunk from there.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

I know but he seems to have a fatal attraction with 90s pumas

Some people travel the world to help poverty kids or whatever nonsense.  I save 90's fan cooled Arctic Cats

PXL_20221127_015448807.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

So what you're saying is that you can ride the slower sled at 10/10ths of your ability but probably 7/10ths on the faster sled.

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

And the front end is so weak it falls off before it can even attempt a turn 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

I've even ridden with the famous @mnstang. Need to do it again as this was awhile ago.

Screenshot_20210105-155821_Facebook.jpg

and you both survived the moguls?  

I don't believe it... 

33 minutes ago, mnstang said:

10,060 cubic inches

that's nearly as powerful as a b-last then.

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

And the front end is so weak it falls off before it can even attempt a turn 

GripnRip sells all kinds of braces and supports to nearly bring them up to cheap shit Polaris levels. 

https://www.gripnripracing.com/index.php?id_product=215&controller=product

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

GripnRip sells all kinds of braces and supports to nearly bring them up to cheap shit Polaris levels. 

https://www.gripnripracing.com/index.php?id_product=215&controller=product

That off set the counter balance and it still won’t turn. It will direct it self into the trees and you will need an 11 year procross if you want to steer and not break anything 

Edited by Not greg b

I like to roll coal on all the small cars and lesser pick-ups when I’m heading out riding in my lifted F350 diesel. I require the 1 ton to haul my big dick around. I’m always spooling up cause that’s how I drive with my tuner set at max power. Then at the trail head I offload my turbo sled and spool the shit out of it on the stand just to see the slack jaws turn their heads. Then it’s straight to the lake to race for pinks. I use every bit of power every bit of the time when I’m riding the sled. The throttle might as well just be an off and on switch. There’s nothing in between for me.