Check your account email address ×

GM Has a New Business: Fixing Tesla EVs.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Funny, was at the Toyota shop yesterday. Tech was fucking with a wiring harness.... had a 5 inch harness in his hand, dicking at it with a knife. "Check engine light, canister." Think it was a Corolla....

Left the Toyota dealer back in 2007. They were on a downward spiral back then. Sounds like they didn’t really turn it around much. I remember having to gut a Camry I think, because they ran some of the ABS wiring from the engine compartment, into the vehicle, behind the dash along the firewall, only to then punch it back out into the engine bay on the other side. One of the most silliest shit deals I’ve ever seen. 

34 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Left the Toyota dealer back in 2007. They were on a downward spiral back then. Sounds like they didn’t really turn it around much. I remember having to gut a Camry I think, because they ran some of the ABS wiring from the engine compartment, into the vehicle, behind the dash along the firewall, only to then punch it back out into the engine bay on the other side. One of the most silliest shit deals I’ve ever seen. 

Every time I go in it seems there is a car or truck with a wiring issue; mice just love the soy based sheathing on the wiring. Who thought that was a good idea?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Every time I go in it seems there is a car or truck with a wiring issue; mice just love the soy based sheathing on the wiring. Who thought that was a good idea?

Who knows but lord knows, I’m sure it was done for a cost savings. As how everything is done in design/manufacturing these days. 

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Who knows but lord knows, I’m sure it was done for a cost savings. As how everything is done in design/manufacturing these days. 

2018 Prius. Totaled due to the $22k price tag to replace the entire harness.

Obscene.

Just now, Snake said:

2018 Prius. Totaled due to the $22k price tag to replace the entire harness.

Obscene.

Did it really need an entire harness though? Sometimes, nowadays, techs are just lazy pieces of shit. I know that’s not always the case but I’ve correctly repaired a LOT of shit that other electrical techs just wrote off because they’re lazy AF. 

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Did it really need an entire harness though? Sometimes, nowadays, techs are just lazy pieces of shit. I know that’s not always the case but I’ve correctly repaired a LOT of shit that other electrical techs just wrote off because they’re lazy AF. 

Oh yeah, it needed it. It was checked by corporate. It sat in a bay for over a week just waiting for the guy....

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Lots of Toyotas in our family.

We keep them quite a while. Never any issues with wiring or anything else.

Well you know how it goes. If someone has an issue with them, it means they're all bad!

• Gold Member
Just now, awful knawful said:

That 30 year old Honda is a garage queen.

Fuck I've got a 36 year old Ford and a 67 year old Chevy. 

They're not DDs

Car has 200k on it dude . Most of its life it was indeed a daily driver. 

Wife dailys a brand new Civic Sport. 

Im just razzing you anyway. We had a Camry that went 300k they are good cars I just prefer Honda. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I bet it was a govenment giveaway. 

I would put a lot of money on that acctaly.  Some yrs back the fed was giving extra rebate money if you went with soy based spray foam over the regular spray foam . It was mostly the volvo sect who opted to pay more even with the rebate for some shit with not as high R per inch as regular spray foam so they could brag to there unshaven smarmy fag friends