Check your account email address ×

'Chairman Powell should offer the American people an apology'

Crnr2Crnr

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just saying the country has been addicted to low interest for a long time. 

Well low interest is a good thing when it’s used properly to stimulate an economy that needs help. Slashing rates during boom times while cutting taxes and handing out QE like candy and then combining all that with record govt spending??? Well you get what we got now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Well low interest is a good thing when it’s used properly to stimulate an economy that needs help. Slashing rates during boom times while cutting taxes and handing out QE like candy and then combining all that with record govt spending??? Well you get what we got now. 

Absolutely but interest was kept too low in good times long before Powell came on board.

Just now, Highmark said:

Absolutely but interest was kept too low in good times long before Powell came on board.

Yes it should have been raised appropriately ....instead they started slashing them even lower months before covid 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Yes it should have been raised appropriately ....instead they started slashing them even lower months before covid 

It was unfortunate times....America's economy was doing very well and other places like Europe weren't and were cutting rates into negative territory.   There were fears that we would be pulled into what was happening there so rates were cut.   I said it then and I'll say it now...I understood why there were doing it however I thought it was a mistake.  Then along came COVID.   We could have weathered what was coming fairly easily then COVID blew up the world.    

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It was unfortunate times....America's economy was doing very well and other places like Europe weren't and were cutting rates into negative territory.   There were fears that we would be pulled into what was happening there so rates were cut.   I said it then and I'll say it now...I understood why there were doing it however I thought it was a mistake.  Then along came COVID.   We could have weathered what was coming fairly easily then COVID blew up the world.    

I don’t think blowing up sound fiscal policy because the rest of the world is shit is anything even remotely defensible. 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Not sure why that would be better than talking to an actual person who knows their job.  I guess Im old and outdated.  Already taking on role of insurance adjuster, now Im going to be parts guy too.  Next be picking up our own parts because it is easier and more convenient . :lol:

like self checkout at home Depot, Walmart or the grocery store... and you can bag your own shit at full price...

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just saying the country has been addicted to low interest for a long time. 

far, far too long

every American needs to be a homeowner, that was the beginning of the end.

I've dealt with a lot of tenants and I can tell you, no. They shouldn't 

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

like self checkout at home Depot, Walmart or the grocery store... and you can bag your own shit at full price...

far, far too long

Younger people will never know any better.  Customer service is just a slogan now.  Make sure you fill out that survey though.  Your input is very important to them! :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I’d take self checkout any day over waiting in a line for some slow ass minimum wage college worker. 

You old guys are funny by the time you even dial a number we’d have parts already ordered. You literally click “order parts” on the estimate system and it automatically sends the parts list info to each of the specific vendors. I guess or you could dial a number, answer oh wait please hold, give vin, oh missed a number repeat that please, ok it works now, ok what do you need ahh I can’t find that in the diagram what’s the part number you show. Ok next 10 parts. 😂.

Edited by 800renegaderider

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

far, far too long

Huh? Far more Americans were home owners in the old days. 

Apartments and Condo's are popping up everywhere nowadays . Just black holes. 
Home ownership always be king for financial wealth , every American should strive for that not be discouraged 

23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’d take self checkout any day over waiting in a line for some slow ass minimum wage college worker. 

You old guys are funny by the time you even dial a number we’d have parts already ordered. You literally click “order parts” on the estimate system and it automatically sends the parts list info to each of the specific vendors. I guess or you could dial a number, answer oh wait please hold, give vin, oh missed a number repeat that please, ok it works now, ok what do you need ahh I can’t find that in the diagram what’s the part number you show. Ok next 10 parts. 😂.

Yahhhh,  talking to people and having real life relationships with them is haaaaard. 🙄

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yahhhh,  talking to people and having real life relationships with them is haaaaard. 🙄

Who said it was hard? All I’m saying is your in business to make money efficiency makes you money not chit chatting on the phone for 10-20mins taking parts orders or placing parts orders. The dealers see this and hence why they don’t have no one answering calls anymore simply easier and faster to do it online.

3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Who said it was hard? All I’m saying is your in business to make money efficiency makes you money not chit chatting on the phone for 10-20mins taking parts orders or placing parts orders. The dealers see this and hence why they don’t have no one answering calls anymore simply easier and faster to do it online.

I like chit chatting on the phone. :lol:

Actually, from what I have seen and heard they are too busy fucking off on their phones to be bothered with answering the phone.  No worries. Just different times now.  

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I like chit chatting on the phone. :lol:

Actually, from what I have seen and heard they are too busy fucking off on their phones to be bothered with answering the phone.  No worries. Just different times now.  

I just chit chat with the parts drivers 😂 the old bucks are usually good for a cool story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I'm not that old (52) but am nostalgic and value something we used to call customer service in this nation.

Wait until you young fucks have to start making your own five minute explanation of a cup of coffee at Starbucks for $19  :lol:

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Huh? Far more Americans were home owners in the old days. 

Apartments and Condo's are popping up everywhere nowadays . Just black holes. 
Home ownership always be king for financial wealth , every American should strive for that not be discouraged 

whatever... 

sold the old lady this evening. :(

Idk if the old dog or me was more sad to see her go, many great memories with the family in that rig.

IMG_20220926_175457009_HDR.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

far, far too long

But trump got to claim the fastest growth in the American economy since the time of Jesus Christ and maybe before. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm not that old (52) but am nostalgic and value something we used to call customer service in this nation.

Wait until you young fucks have to start making your own five minute explanation of a cup of coffee at Starbucks for $19  :lol:

Yup.  I miss having personal relationships with businesses and neighbors. Younger people don’t know any different and honestly I don’t think they want it.  When we first moved on our private rd.  Everyone would gather at a neighbors house and have a couple beers after work, talk about current events. Now, younger people have moved in and they won’t even wave at you. Sit in their house with the blinds closed. People don’t want social interaction unless it is from behind a screen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Yup.  I miss having personal relationships with businesses and neighbors. Younger people don’t know any different and honestly I don’t think they want it.  When we first moved on our private rd.  Everyone would gather at a neighbors house and have a couple beers after work, talk about current events. Now, younger people have moved in and they won’t even wave at you. Sit in their house with the blinds closed. People don’t want social interaction unless it is from behind a screen. 

totally agree