Check your account email address ×

New emission rules for big rigs forthcoming.

BOHICA

• Gold Member

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will reportedly consider adopting new emissions rules for large trucks after Congress passed fresh incentives designed to accelerate the national adoption of zero-emission vehicles.
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/cars/news-blog/epa-considering-tougher-emission-rules-for-big-trucks-44496979

Edited by BOHICA

• BOHICA changed the title to New emission rules for big rigs forthcoming.
15 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

A lot of really nice old trucks are showing up here from California.  I guess they bring a good buck ,because nobody wants the new ones.

pre-emmision trucks are highly sought after, the DEF systems on new trucks are unrealiable and costly to maintain and repair, most have to go to dealer for service and repair

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

pre-emmision trucks are highly sought after, the DEF systems on new trucks are unrealiable and costly to maintain and repair, most have to go to dealer for service and repair

I see so many rust free cab overs now. Guess they are all coming out of California. Stuff like this. 

AD07ED54-A7CA-4100-81B1-35C0B284D2B4.jpeg

18 minutes ago, ACE said:

We just delete the new ones 

but pre emission cat, N14 and even series 60 Detroit are bringing good money 

can't delete here in the states, all this shit is unnessisary, ULSD fuel was much cleaner than the pld formulations, emission bullshit is a feel good remedy to the envirmentilist wack a doodles

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

can't delete here in the states, all this shit is unnessisary, ULSD fuel was much cleaner than the pld formulations, emission bullshit is a feel good remedy to the envirmentilist wack a doodles

We arent suppose to either 

When I was running OTR (many moons ago) there were alot of show n shine big rigs on the hwy especially running up/down the west coast. They were all polished up and a ton of lights all over the trailers especially the reefers. The last truck I had was a Pete that I sold back in 83 with a 3406 Cat with a 15 over. Those were the days for me

• Like 2