Check your account email address ×

Well this isn't good.

Steve753

• Platinum Contributing Member

I guess if you think freedom of choice is bad and believe EV's are going to save the planet from million year old planetary cycles like a complete idiot some of those types would think it "isn't good"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Rural America cars are dead.   Very few daily drivers people bought in the last 10 years are cars.  Its amazing how few "new" cars you see on the road.

Notice how automakers are all ending ICE cars....well they don't sell that many anyway so is it that significant of move to EV's? 

The %'s will grow significantly with the push to all EV cars.   At least for another 5-10 years.   

According to information provided by JATO Dynamics, SUVs and pickups recorded a new record market share in the first four months of 2022, combining for 72.9 percent of total passenger car sales between January and April. By the numbers, it is 3.32 million units out of a total of 4.56 million. Of the two segments, SUVs are the dominant force by a wide margin, accounting for 53.5 percent of the share to 19.4 percent for trucks.

https://www.motor1.com/news/587230/suvs-still-rule-us-market/

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

• Gold Member

It didnt help some Cars became too small in the 90s , same time more SUVs and later crossovers came out. Their quest for more fuel efficient Cars back then didn't work as planned either.  

Small fuel efficient or EV cars dont work for active families. Never has. Bring back some Land yachts! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

It didnt help some Cars became too small in the 90s , same time more SUVs and later crossovers came out. Their quest for more fuel efficient Cars back then didn't work as planned either.  

Small fuel efficient or EV cars dont work for active families. Never has. Bring back some Land yachts! 

If anything the EVs are perfect for active families. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Exactly. When they build a SUV that can haul the family , boat and Sleds like my Gasser ill be in. 

You're not everyone though. You seem to always forget that.

My wife never travels more than 50 miles a day. Lucky if she did 100 a day when the kids were around. An EV would've been perfect.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

You're not everyone though. You seem to always forget that.

My wife never travels more than 50 miles a day. Lucky if she did 100 a day when the kids were around. An EV would've been perfect.

Well apparently im closer to everyone than you think according to the article you posted ! :lol:

Just now, EvilBird said:

Well apparently im closer to everyone than you think according to the article you posted ! :lol:

If EVs were alot cheaper. Alot more people would have them. 

If the Tesla's weren't pieces of shit our second car would be an EV.  Most of our running around is to sporting events, school, etc.  Obviously a long distance and towing vehicle we need as well, but the day to day would be perfect with an EV.  Of course, the draw on the EV for me has nothing to do with green and everything to do with GO.  While I'd miss the gorgeous burble and pops of my V8T, the stealth acceleration and rawness of electric is super fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

If EVs were alot cheaper. Alot more people would have them. 

unfortunately they seem to be climbing. the rivian was supposed to be 60k or so and it's climbing. we have the bullshit hummer coming, 116k, and just massive. i know people talk about battery battery battery , but there is a whole lot more there than batteries. tons of modules, controllers, screens, etc and based on the current vehicles it is going to be a problem. just replaced a lane keep camera in pickup, camera alone is 600.00. and with it failed the cruise doesn't work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

unfortunately they seem to be climbing. the rivian was supposed to be 60k or so and it's climbing. we have the bullshit hummer coming, 116k, and just massive. i know people talk about battery battery battery , but there is a whole lot more there than batteries. tons of modules, controllers, screens, etc and based on the current vehicles it is going to be a problem. just replaced a lane keep camera in pickup, camera alone is 600.00. and with it failed the cruise doesn't work. 

Hopefully they get it all figured out eventually. It's to early for me personally. 

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Hopefully they get it all figured out eventually. It's to early for me personally. 

we fight wiring issues constantly. broken shit for no reason. you lose comm with anything in the vehicle and it freaks out. we are not looking forward to it. we had to buy a forklift for batteries, special lift arms, a charger inside for us and an outside one for customers. none of it cheap. ford just gave the choice, in or out. in will will be over a million to comply. takes a lot of vehicles to net a million

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

we fight wiring issues constantly. broken shit for no reason. you lose comm with anything in the vehicle and it freaks out. we are not looking forward to it. we had to buy a forklift for batteries, special lift arms, a charger inside for us and an outside one for customers. none of it cheap. ford just gave the choice, in or out. in will will be over a million to comply. takes a lot of vehicles to net a million

Well you've got to start somewhere I guess. It's definitely the wave of the future it seems whether we like it or not.

11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Well you've got to start somewhere I guess. It's definitely the wave of the future it seems whether we like it or not.

i feel they will drag all the shortcomings of the current stuff right in to the evs. and that part sucks

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Only one I trust right now is the Porsche Taycan/Audi E-tron GT.  Once the rest catchup, it will be more exciting as a consumer.  Now it is just embarrassing how bad most of the options are.

agree, but the price for the model I would like... :wow: