Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

4 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Thanks, appreciate the real world reviews. I have no problem changing brands, not loyal to anyone and always looking

if I were you I'd consider getting an 08 MXZ XRS 600... before they're all gone.  ;)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

There’s really nothing wrong with the polaris sleds I like them a lot too but their front end opinion is way off the real world. One of the conversations had that day was “when you get bigger carbides on the polaris like the cat they should be pretty close” they both had their respective 4” factory carbides on them.

One of their opinions was that the Catalyst handled great in some conditions, not so great in others but that has always been my findings with most sleds so I took that with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, oldslowsledder said:

One of their opinions was that the Catalyst handled great in some conditions, not so great in others but that has always been my findings with most sleds so I took that with a grain of salt.

Yea it’s kind of a given especially in the way they put it out there. The cat front end is as point and shoot in pretty much all conditions as it was with the procross but feels much lighter 

the internet is a damn time machine... right @krom?  :roflcrying:

https://www.dootalk.com/threads/old-forge-shootout-results.268592/post-2062731

krom

490 posts · Joined 2003

#3 · Dec 12, 2008

Here They are...
Fastest to slowest, best of 2 runs

600 Class
Nytro 13.04 @ 87 mph (not realy fair hp wise)
Poo 13.09 @84
Doo 14.01 @ 84
Cat F6 14.01 @81

800 Class
Cat 12.86 @ 93 mph
Poo 12.90 @ 93
Doo 13.0 @ 93
Apex 13.01 @91

Crossfire R 1000 11.6 @103 mph
Z1 Turbo 12.5 @ 95

seems a stock 08 MXZ XRS isn't quite as quick/fast STOCK as a well prepped one, on ice.  

:owned:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the internet is a damn time machine... right @krom?  :roflcrying:

https://www.dootalk.com/threads/old-forge-shootout-results.268592/post-2062731

krom

490 posts · Joined 2003

#3 · Dec 12, 2008

Here They are...
Fastest to slowest, best of 2 runs

600 Class
Nytro 13.04 @ 87 mph (not realy fair hp wise)
Poo 13.09 @84
Doo 14.01 @ 84
Cat F6 14.01 @81

800 Class
Cat 12.86 @ 93 mph
Poo 12.90 @ 93
Doo 13.0 @ 93
Apex 13.01 @91

Crossfire R 1000 11.6 @103 mph
Z1 Turbo 12.5 @ 95

seems a stock 08 MXZ XRS isn't quite as quick/fast STOCK as a well prepped one, on ice.  

:owned:

You mean to say the non HO ac 800 was the fastest sled in its class!!??
But everyone on here says the motor was a turd, and the sled a tank

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, krom said:

no, we're discussing the miraculous 2008 MXZ XRS 600

but just realized your DooTalk post would have been for 2009 MY sleds

any idea where the numbers are for the 2008 MY sleds?

edit:  NM found em...

https://snowgoer.com/latest-news/winter-welcomed-at-the-adirondack-shootout/2716/

The Stock 600 class remains one of the most competitive classes in terms of sales and performance. The 2008 models represented were the Arctic Cat F6, Ski-Doo MX Z 600 H.O. SDI X, a Polaris 600 Dragon and a Yamaha FX Nytro RTX.

This year, the speeds and ETs were not all that close, however. The Ski-Doo was the worst performer out of the box. It only managed a 83.64 mph pass for the quarter-mile with a 13.56 ET. While the Ski-Doo MX Z was the slowest machine in the 600 class, it should be noted that the Ski-Doo sleds had ECUs still in the break-in mode. After the break-in mode expires that performance will improve. The MX Z is an easy machine to sandbag with its adjustable TRA clutch, too.

The Arctic Cat F6 had a similar ET to the Ski-Doo of 13.583 seconds, but with a much-better speed of 91.64 mph. Much of the time delay can be blamed on poor performance off the line. The F6 bogged its way through a cloud of smoke, indicating the machine loaded up after spending too much time idling. Unlike all other dealers at the Shootout, the Big Moose Arctic Cat team didn’t run the sled on a jack stand before running it down the drag strip.

On the opposite end of the chart was the Yamaha Nytro RTX, ISR-approved to race against the 600 two-strokes. It posted a quarter-mile run of 12.538 seconds at 95.94 mph, the fastest in the class with its four stroke and an advantage of more than 10 hp. The Polaris 600 Dragon’s box-stock run was impressive. It covered the quarter mile in 12.54 seconds at 94.93 mph. On its second run, the 600 Dragon had a slower ET but posted the fastest speed for the Stock 600 class at 96.56 mph.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

So.... as far as the Catalyst goes, what's everyone's take on SnowTrax SOTY episode, saying that the handling and especially rear skid are not up to par with the other manufacturers? I don't pay much attention to it all but suspected that the all new Catalyst would have been chosen #1, sure they would be desperate to give AC some love.

Instead they gave it a design award.

Did AC miss the boat, or will some tweaking straighten it out?

Does AC have an updated rear skid in the wings?

I have not driven one, nor do any of my buddies have one so have to rely on second hand info.

On a positive note, looks like we have a new Arctic Cat dealer coming to the area, Georgian Bay Trailers have announced they are taking on the line-up, great news :thumbsup: Gives me another option, have no problem riding green if it's up to par.

43 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The front end discussion has been their big thing they’re wrong on for a long time “it turns really good in loose snow but will get some inside ski lift when the trails are rock hard” yea no shit if it bites on a trail with no bite in the snow it’s really gonna grab on one that’s set up hard. They obviously have the cat over the ski doo for handling because no amount of talking can make people believe those things aren’t bulldozers in corners.

We rode between Toms VR1 and a couple catalysts all day one day this winter and the catalysts could all turn in better than the Matryx and hold a line at higher speeds through corners. They both turn well and do well through bumps but the real world nod has to go to the point and shoot cat front end.

The slide action skid is still a slide action, it works ok but not as good as the other two if you’re cruising around slow but in big bumps at higher speeds is where that skid frame shines. They probably do have a new one on the way in the next year or two though.

There is this one from years ago.  Too bad they fired the suspension guy involved in the design of it.

image.png.a710caf1671a45455f7eaa784377324e.png

image.thumb.png.542f1bcd98066527e0d344ca705fb10d.png

image.thumb.png.527070ffc1151fec3afb673f7aeb9c01.png

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/b3/43/70/ef1cde860e1dd1/US11319024.pdf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, we're discussing the miraculous 2008 MXZ XRS 600

but just realized your DooTalk post would have been for 2009 MY sleds

any idea where the numbers are for the 2008 MY sleds?

I threw away all my papers a year or so ago.  I'm sure somone posted them back then, try the wayback machine on HCS

Just now, krom said:

I threw away all my papers a year or so ago.  I'm sure somone posted them back then, try the wayback machine on HCS

see edit... and wtf were you doing on DooTalk?  :roflcrying:

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

So.... as far as the Catalyst goes, what's everyone's take on SnowTrax SOTY episode, saying that the handling and especially rear skid are not up to par with the other manufacturers? I don't pay much attention to it all but suspected that the all new Catalyst would have been chosen #1, sure they would be desperate to give AC some love.

Instead they gave it a design award.

Do you have a link to this episode? The last "Real world sled of the year" snow trax episode I can find was 2023.

I do know Snowgoer gave the Catalyst SOTY honors, fwiw.

Edited by Premium

18 minutes ago, Premium said:

Do you have a link to this episode? The last "Real world sled of the year" snow trax episode I can find was 2023.

I do know Snowgoer gave the Catalyst SOTY honors, fwiw.

if it's this which just landed, I haven't watched it yet...

11 minutes ago, krom said:

@ZR6000RR  In case you didn't see it, take it as a reminder for the next time you try to disagree with me:
image.png.1421c5c0a09b7c075b2847cdd5f844d8.png

You are a moron! Never been right in your fucking life!

1 minute ago, krom said:

You think he gets paid to argue with people who actually ride, and know what they are talking about, or are his unhinged rants deepthroating textron for free?

Your the one with the problem. Hateful little fuck face!

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They keep the temps down.:groin:

no, they don't... again.   :owned:

3 minutes ago, krom said:

You think he gets paid to argue with people who actually ride, and know what they are talking about, or are his unhinged rants deepthroating textron for free?

it's kind've embarrassing really.... maybe we should come up with some 'Yes, I know JRamstad is a moron' stickers for fellow Cat riders 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

look who's triggered... again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, they don't... again.   :owned:

it's kind've embarrassing really.... maybe we should come up with some 'Yes, I know JRamstad is a moron' stickers for fellow Cat riders 

look who's triggered... again.

Yes, they do, once more. 

14 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Strange how upset you get over honesty, and the truth.

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He was owned at least twice in that single comments section..
Tried to make up an excuse for the poor performance of the test sleds snowest rode, then its revealed that engineering was saying they had a ton of test/calibration time on the mountain sleds.

Never forget it:

image.png.1a8ae279f541b50302c88a3078cfeacd.png

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, krom said:

Funny how Internet lore becomes reality for some people.  

Any time someone on FB asks about zr900's, all the experts who know nothing come on and say to only get an 03 because of the chain case vs diamond drive.  But they're just repeating what they've heard from people repeating what they've heard.  Lore becomes reality.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, krom said:

Strange how upset you get over honesty, and the truth.

He was owned at least twice in that single comments section..
Tried to make up an excuse for the poor performance of the test sleds snowest rode, then its revealed that engineering was saying they had a ton of test/calibration time on the mountain sleds.

Never forget it:

image.png.1a8ae279f541b50302c88a3078cfeacd.png

I'm not angry at all. I just don't like your kind.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I'm not angry at all. I just don't like your kind.

Its because you are a lying sack of shit, who is almost always wrong.

While I'm honest, and usually right.

image.png.78dd0950608c264b6defa58fa94201e5.png

Edited by krom

3 minutes ago, krom said:

Its because you are a lying sack of shit, who is almost always wrong.

While I'm honest, and usually right.

image.png.78dd0950608c264b6defa58fa94201e5.png

Because you are a lying sack of shit. Never right.