Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

There's more too it than just 2 less lugs on the ground. I think the way the track wraps around the rear wheels with the angle in the rear and probably a different angle on the front rails makes it more efficient and faster. 

Poo in the past claimed the tipped up ends makes them easier to turn, which makes sense.  buddy had an assault and I was a bit surprised how well it turned with that much length on a groomed trail.  Cat uses bigger rear wheels than Poo for whatever reason.   

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Poo in the past claimed the tipped up ends makes them easier to turn, which makes sense.  buddy had an assault and I was a bit surprised how well it turned with that much length on a groomed trail.  Cat uses bigger rear wheels than Poo for whatever reason.   

It's definitely a good working setup for polaris. I wish cat would do that on the riot. I'd like to get a ride on the 136 xcr, tipped rails and a 2.52 track would be a fun setup

31 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

It's definitely a good working setup for polaris. I wish cat would do that on the riot. I'd like to get a ride on the 136 xcr, tipped rails and a 2.52 track would be a fun setup

Ride them both, even the poo guys will tell you that the riot works better on the trails than the assault.

Just now, krom said:

Ride them both, even the poo guys will tell you that the riot works better on the trails than the assault.

PC or Clyst?   ski stance... 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

PC or Clyst?   ski stance... 

pc riot, which had the trail ski stance. Too long and pushy for me, but worked better in the twisties than poo

Catalyst riot has the narrow ski stance so its pushy and tippy

of course wtf do I know, jimwith says no one can tell the difference in track length

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, krom said:

5 minutes ago, krom said:

pc riot, which had the trail ski stance. Too long and pushy for me, but worked better in the twisties than poo

Catalyst riot has the narrow ski stance so its pushy and tippy

of course wtf do I know, jimwith says no one can tell the difference in track length

I’ve had my eye on a nice ‘20 Riot for some months now..it looks minty and comes with some nice extras…opinions vary alot and I haven’t ridden one. Then again I’m just talking about sleds I’ll never buy…..right Karen?😂🤔😉

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, krom said:

I've ridden both, assault handled way better than the riot. It did have gripper skis and 8in carbides and the riot was on stockers with 6in. My rr handled better than both but for a crossover the assault was pretty nice. Off trail i was burried everywhere and he'd ride circles around me. Next sled will probably be a catalyst riot with a wide zr front end and custom shocks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’ve had my eye on a nice ‘20 Riot for some months now..it looks minty and comes with some nice extras…opinions vary alot and I haven’t ridden one. Then again I’m just talking about sleds I’ll never buy…..right Karen?😂🤔😉

@ZR6000RR has a sled he'll be selling... perfect for you probably

speaking of Riots, since they're rarely discussed... if I lived somewhere there was a lot of snow and logging/forest service roads that don't get groomed to rip around on, or maybe in certain pockets of the UP I know of... the 858 Riot Sno Pro 1.75 might be an amusing buggy.

RSP 175.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

speaking of Riots, since they're rarely discussed... if I lived somewhere there was a lot of snow and logging/forest service roads that don't get groomed to rip around on, or maybe in certain pockets of the UP I know of... the 858 Riot Sno Pro 1.75 might be an amusing buggy.

RSP 175.png

That's exactly where i live, 1000's of miles of logging rds, abd i live 1.5 hrs from the northshore and 1.5 hrs ftom the yoop. It's the perfect ride for me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

That's exactly where i live, 1000's of miles of logging rds, abd i live 1.5 hrs from the northshore and 1.5 hrs ftom the yoop. It's the perfect ride for me. 

there's a lot of roads between Alberta, L'anse, Skanee, and areas north of 41 that don't get plowed or groomed.  sounds like you need a full on mountain sled where you are, and a backpack shovel.  ;)   

around here, it would be pointless.  then again, in the lower 48 most any sled was pointless this winter.  

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's a lot of roads between Alberta, L'anse, Skanee, and areas north of 41 that don't get plowed or groomed.  sounds like you need a full on mountain sled where you are, and a backpack shovel.  ;)   

around here, it would be pointless.  then again, in the lower 48 most any sled was pointless this winter.  

We do get a ton of snow up here normally, not really sure I'm ready for a 165 with avy pack and a shovel though....i hate to give up any trail performance but most of the group i ride with now is more into exploring the backwoods than hauling ass down the trail. Probly need 2 sleds

43700.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

We do get a ton of snow up here normally, not really sure I'm ready for a 165 with avy pack and a shovel though....i hate to give up any trail performance but most of the group i ride with now is more into exploring the backwoods than hauling ass down the trail. Probly need 2 sleds

43700.jpeg

is that picture from Alaska?   :lol2:

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

43700.jpeg

Two sleds (or more) is the only way to go if you're interested in both trail riding and off trail riding 

• Like 2

The grips wear pretty fast on these things. They are pretty much one season use and replace. Mine are pretty much slicks now and I haven’t road the sled that much 

I wonder if you'll be able to read actual coolant temp with the g8 gauge.  The sport gauge just gives a cold-hot gauge 

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I wonder if you'll be able to read actual coolant temp with the g8 gauge.  The sport gauge just gives a cold-hot gauge 

I'd be surprised if this g8 doesn't provide actual coolant temps.  It looks like a great setup, and very competitive (if not better) than the 7s that has been the industry benchmark the past few seasons.