Check your account email address ×

It's easy to shit on the Constitution when you don't know what's in it

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Our country was built on religious freedom.  Having a coalition drive a party is the exact opposite of what we need.  Doesn't help that most are bat shit crazy.

SCOTUS should be apolitical and balanced and our elected officials should not be life long monarchs.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It certainly doesn’t mean given from a god.

Neal

Sure.  It translates into you were born with these rights.  No one can take them away.  Some of you guys....wtf.

16 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Whether I'm a atheist or not plays no bearing on this. A God is something to believe in, but it's preposterous to say a fictional character gave you rights.

I didn't say that.  I said "inalienable".

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sure.  It translates into you were born with these rights.  No one can take them away.  Some of you guys....wtf.

So when they say what Boebert and others say they don’t really mean it and are just pandering for votes?🤔

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It’s in the thing?  That’s the DoI not the Constitution…

Neal

Yes I know.   Writings of like the DoI and the federalists papers are often used by the courts and congress to find intent.   

"The Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth Amendments set the country aright by formally incorporating the Declaration of Independence 's principles for representative governance into the Constitution."

https://lawecommons.luc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1590&context=facpubs

"Its in the thing" was a video of a kid I seen regarding the a news anchor and the first amendment.  

Edited by Highmark

36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I didn't say that.  I said "inalienable".

Yes. And it's nonsense to say God gave you those inalienable rights.

more people have been killed in the name of religion in this world than cancer.

religion in itself isn't inherently evil, yet those who weaponize religion are.

the religious 'right' in this country is pandered to far too much.  same can be said recently of the far left and the alphabet people. 

many of those of us stuck in between are just left scratching our heads.  

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

more people have been killed in the name of religion in this world than cancer.

religion in itself isn't inherently evil, yet those who weaponize religion are.

the religious 'right' in this country is pandered to far too much.  same can be said recently of the far left and the alphabet people. 

many of those of us stuck in between are just left scratching our heads.  

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ba/bace527e0a4d38df9e787c3caa240ddd0603b7ef32133bdfbf90840851c6372e.jpg

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Our country was built on religious freedom.  Having a coalition drive a party is the exact opposite of what we need.  Doesn't help that most are bat shit crazy.

You actually think religious conservatives are driving the party?

Judeo/Christian values have been so harmful to the world.  We'd all be living in unicorn land without them.   :lol:  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not at all what I said.  They want to and are trying and considering both parties are heading towards their extremes it isn't unfathomable that it will happen.  My response was to this:

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem.

Which would indeed be a terrible problem.

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

23 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Most definitely. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

X2

The most religious people I know are extremely liberal.   If you think that religion alone is a sign of political views your are completely misinformed.  It might hold true in some area's of the country but not all.  I don't believe most conservatives on here are religious zealots by any means.   

Edited by Highmark

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Judeo/Christian values have been so harmful to the world.  We'd all be living in unicorn land without them.   :lol:  

Ask 1 million Iraqis how they feel about that. Retarded Christians doing the bidding of insane zionists is as evil as any religious quest the world has seen

Just now, f7ben said:

Ask 1 million Iraqis how they feel about that. Retarded Christians doing the bidding of insane zionists is as evil as any religious quest the world has seen

When were 1 million Iraqis killed?

Dude religion was far down the list as to anything we've done in Iraq.   World oil markets being at the top.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The most religious people I know are extremely liberal.   If you think that religion alone is a sign of political views your are completely misinformed.  It might hold true in some area's of the country but not all.  I don't believe most conservatives on here are religious zealots by any means.   

For people like Snake who claim polls are gospel.

Screenshot_20220824-090736_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Highmark said:

When were 1 million Iraqis killed?

Dude religion was far down the list as to anything we've done in Iraq.   World oil markets being at the top.  

The Zionists had a plan to invade and disrupt a significant amount of the Middle East and it was discussed and public well prior to 9/11. Well guess what , the USA did their bidding to a tee.