Check your account email address ×

* Freedom Sledder Corner Cafe *

Freedom Sledder Corner Cafe  - - :news:

Basically the same as a Post Whore thread with a different title............ :thumbsup: - - beer_cheers.gif.b3842e43456141351ae710b5e100ad18.gif

I'm tired for the same old back and forth about a certain former member and a certain food

So here's a thread that will hopefully stay away from those 2 subjects...... beer_cheers.gif.b3842e43456141351ae710b5e100ad18.gif

Hazy, Hot and humid here today, upper 80's and feels like the lower 90's - when you walk outside you can really feel it. Cold front suppose to move in this evening and a chance of rain storms thru out the day and into the evening. We've had a few pop-up storms the last few days (we need the rain) and some places around me got pounded pretty hard with the showers and flash flooding. While on my morning walk I noticed that some things are starting to change, plants, flowers and trees, just a little but things are starting to turn.

You guys out east are dealing with the crap we had this weekend ... just flat out gross on Saturday (thank God the majority of the day I was in a vehicle with A/C).  Any time you start talking dew points in the upper 60's to low 70's, I say screw that!!

Oh well ... ff to our monthly snowmobile club meeting.  I wish we could skip these things during the summer months but we run gambling (pull tabs, e-tabs, and meat raffles) so we have to meet monthly.  Hopefully it'll be a quick one tonight.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You guys out east are dealing with the crap we had this weekend ... just flat out gross on Saturday (thank God the majority of the day I was in a vehicle with A/C).  

I slept on a college campus in a room without AC.  Reunion was a blast outside of that.

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

You guys out east are dealing with the crap we had this weekend ... just flat out gross on Saturday (thank God the majority of the day I was in a vehicle with A/C).  Any time you start talking dew points in the upper 60's to low 70's, I say screw that!!

Oh well ... ff to our monthly snowmobile club meeting.  I wish we could skip these things during the summer months but we run gambling (pull tabs, e-tabs, and meat raffles) so we have to meet monthly.  Hopefully it'll be a quick one tonight.

After about 3 steps out the door it feels like you walked right into a sauna, I changed shirts 3 times and shorts 2 times from sweating so much the last few days.

• Sad 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

$38.00 for that pizza.....wtf.

That’s insane. We paid 30 for a large cheese at some crappy rest area pizza place in Maryland few weeks back. I guess that’s what we get for going the convenience route and not stopping at a good restaurant off the highway more. Even a loaded pizza around here 20 max.

This place isn't far from me, he keeps calling it a Cart, it's a Cut, you can buy it by the Cut (slice) half tray or whole tray. They bake the dough and sauce and put the cheese on after the dough and sauce is cooked, they use provolone on their pizza not mozzarella, it's one of those you like it or you don't. Some say Cuts are square and slices are wedges/triangle pieces.........  

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, ckf said:

Pizza Barn in Ossipee is always on the high side. But it really is loaded, lol

Screenshot_20220809-142220.png

Does that include a handy from 550 out back for that price? Holy expensive!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Does that include a handy from 550 out back for that price? Holy expensive!

I've always just gotten the pepperoni. Their roni pizzas probably have as much roni on them as 4 or 5 pizzas from most places. I love it. My buddy occasionally brings me up a couple once or twice a year. Even cold they are awesome!

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've always just gotten the pepperoni. Their roni pizzas probably have as much roni on them as 4 or 5 pizzas from most places. I love it. My buddy occasionally brings me up a couple once or twice a year. Even cold they are awesome!

Is the grease all puddled up on the pepperoni when it's fresh out of the oven?

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Is the grease all puddled up on the pepperoni when it's fresh out of the oven?

Not bad at all. I've seen more grease on pizza with the regular amount of pepperoni. That could be cheap cheese and pepperoni.

Just now, ckf said:

Not bad at all. I've seen more grease on pizza with the regular amount of pepperoni. That could be cheap cheese and pepperoni.

Oh no man, when it puddles its the good pepperoni!! When we use to go to the Bills games in Buffalo that was the one thing I liked about the pepperoni in that area. It was a little thicker sliced and firmer.

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Oh no man, when it puddles its the good pepperoni!! When we use to go to the Bills games in Buffalo that was the one thing I liked about the pepperoni in that area. It was a little thicker sliced and firmer.

Me thinks that you would like Pizza Barn if you ever pass through Ossipee, NH. Quality ingredients through and through. Their pepperoni is smaller around but sliced thicker than the standard pizza shop pepperoni. Some are even a little crispy around the edges because they don't pull it to soon like some shops.

Just now, ckf said:

Me thinks that you would like Pizza Barn if you ever pass through Ossipee, NH. Quality ingredients through and through. Their pepperoni is smaller around but sliced thicker than the standard pizza shop pepperoni. Some are even a little crispy around the edges because they don't pull it to soon like some shops.

Yes that sounds very good! Alot of the places around here pile the ingredients on on top of the sauce and then put the cheese on top and half the time the shits not cooked enough.

• Like 1

Just now, HSR said:

Tomorrow night in the What's for dinner thread

Pizza

Pizza

Pizza

Pizza

Pizza

Go look in the dinner thread . But it's a 3 meat pizza from Wally world :lol:

• Haha 1