Check your account email address ×

GOP healthcare plan

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What are you going to do? Spending your days here fucking off ain't gonna help :lol: 

Sure it will.  I find this place gives me an easy peaceful way to tell others to shove it up their ass...while giving a nice reach around to those in which I agree. 

An answer though (as I feel a bit bad for blasting you so hard earlier...just a bit):  I'm probably going to either,  A.) look for a higher deductible "specialty" plan or, B.), Maybe go with a partial plan that I was set to do if Hillary was elected, change my income amounts to levels that allow me to take advantage of some of that "cheese".  I can set up a board of directors meeting in my conference room (kitchen) in the morning and call for a vote for my compensation re-evaluation.  Based on the fact I do spend too much time here, and do little of anything else that earns the corporation much money at all (technically zero).  Well, I'm guessing they may fit me in a nice spot just above minimum wage.  

My wife will have to make some spending adjustments.  And that'd be fine with me.  She can spend Friday in the line to get some of that g'ment cheese.  Do they still do that?  Is it like a buffet or do they give you a menu.  I'm simple, a few blocks of some nicely aged sharp cheddar and maybe a block of Gouda and half a brick of Bleu.  My wife is gonna wanna see a wine list.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I'm hoping he's thinking of like storming a health insurance company and hang the CEO from the penthouse balcony

This too.  And then get the list of every fucking worthless elected official on their "take" list.  I may need to enlist a few folks to take care of that "down line".  Know anybody looking for that type of work(play)?

12 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Normally when you are going broke and life is getting really shitty people usually start missing mortgage payments in lieu of not being able to put some food on the table.......usually.

Starve or ride out a long foreclosure process while going BK, the choice is yours :thumb:  

losing the house because the illness kept your from working happens all the time but that is regardless of whether you have insurance or not.  which is why people with no ST/LT disability insurance are foolish.  Medical bills in themselves would almost never cause someone to lose their house directly.  

On 3/9/2017 at 7:13 PM, Angry ginger said:

losing the house because the illness kept your from working happens all the time but that is regardless of whether you have insurance or not.  which is why people with no ST/LT disability insurance are foolish.  Medical bills in themselves would almost never cause someone to lose their house directly.  

What is your preferred strain of smoke, indica, sativa, or perhaps it's a hybrid?

For patients covered by health insurance, out-of-pocket costs typically consist of doctor visit copays, prescription drug copays and coinsurance of 10%-50% or more, which could easily reach the yearly out-of-pocket maximum. Heart bypass surgery typically is covered by health insurance when medically necessary.

For patients not covered by health insurance, heart bypass surgery typically costs about $70,000-$200,000 or more. Costs depend on the facility, but tend to be on the lower end without complications and on the higher end with complications. For example, St. Mary's Hospital[1] in Wisconsin charges about $71,000. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center[2] in New Hampshire charges about $94,000, including doctor fee, after a 30% uninsured discount. Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center[3] in Nebraska charges about $90,000-$110,000, not including the doctor fee. And Baptist Memorial Health Care in Tennessee typically charges about $75,000-$115,000, not including doctor fee, but cost can increase to $215,000 or more with major complications. A surgeon fee can add $5,000 or more to the final bill.

According to an American Heart Association report[4] , the average hospital charge for heart bypass surgery -- not including doctor fee -- is $117,094.

Additional costs:

Patients typically require one or more sessions of physical therapy to learn how to move without harming the incision and to learn exercises to assist recovery. This typically costs $50-$350 per session. The University of Washington Medical Center Cardiac Surgery Clinic has information on physical therapy[7] after heart surgery.

Drugs prescribed after bypass surgery might include a blood thinning medication such as warfarin (brand name Coumadin) or Plavix to prevent blood clots, a beta-blocker to slow the heart rate, a statin to lower cholesterol and an ACE inhibitor to control blood pressure and heart failure. At Drugstore.com, Warfarin typically costs about $15-$25 per month for the generic, depending on the dose, or $50- $70 for the brand name, and Plavix costs about $200 or more per month. Beta-blockers[8] and statins[9] can cost $10-$200 a month, depending on the drug. And ACE inhibitors[10] can cost $10-$100 per month.

http://health.costhelper.com/bypass.html

Talked to one of my friends who is the top guy in the loan department in my bank on Tuesday, he said the top 3 reasons for people losing their homes is divorce, job loss and medical disaster.

25 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What is your preferred strain of smoke, indica, sativa, or perhaps it's a hybrid?

AG is correct.  If you are losing your home because of medical costs alone you are taking bad advice from people on a snowmobile forum board.  

In fact, if most Americans lose their home because of any reason other than them just not paying for it at all, again, financial advice from people on Internet forums instead of sound and knowledgeable legal counsel.

13 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Talked to one of my friends who is the top guy in the loan department in my bank on Tuesday, he said the top 3 reasons for people losing their homes is divorce, job loss and medical disaster.

"Top guy" huh?  Well fuck, what's number #4 then?  Death?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

AG is correct.  If you are losing your home because of medical costs alone you are taking bad advice from people on a snowmobile forum board.  

In fact, if most Americans lose their home because of any reason other than them just not paying for it at all, again, financial advice from people on Internet forums instead of sound and knowledgeable legal counsel.

Yes the  guy with close to 40 years in banking, and is head of the loan department in a bank rated in the top 25 banks in the US, but of course you, a snowmobile site guru know better. 

Just now, 1jkw said:

Yes the  guy with close to 40 years in banking, and is head of the loan department in a bank rated in the top 25 banks in the US, but of course you, a snowmobile site guru know better. 

You didn't get the joke?  Or didn't find it funny?

c'mon dude.

Just now, Zambroski said:

You didn't get the joke?  Or didn't find it funny?

c'mon dude.

Well I could have said president of the loan department. I think going forward drug addiction is going to become one of the top reasons.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think he meant to say this guy! :lol:

Edited by Biggie Smails

When will you guys stop punching down?

Every single fucking time a systemic problem is discussed, some of you immediately attack the people getting fucked. 

And then you wonder why things don't get better. Propaganda has got you blaming the victim and praising the perpetrators.

this is DNC at its prime LMFAO  

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) recently sent a stern letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan, lecturing him about the right of the American people to know the “full impact” of the GOP’s new health care legislation before it’s passed by Congress.

“The American people and Members have a right to know the full impact of this legislation before any vote in Committee or by the whole House,” Pelosi wrote

U cant make this shit up :clueless:

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

this is DNC at its prime LMFAO  

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) recently sent a stern letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan, lecturing him about the right of the American people to know the “full impact” of the GOP’s new health care legislation before it’s passed by Congress.

“The American people and Members have a right to know the full impact of this legislation before any vote in Committee or by the whole House,” Pelosi wrote

U cant make this shit up :clueless:

Well I think most here regardless of political stripe think Pelosi is a useless old hag that needs to go away.

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well I think most here regardless of political stripe think Pelosi is a useless old hag that needs to go away.

I think even Slinger agreed a while back, and that's saying something...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

who cares if you rack up 200k in debt.  go and declare BK they aren't going to take your house.  Problem is people just don't haev a clue of how to properly deal with the situation.

9 hours ago, 1jkw said:

med disaster usually causes the loss of the house because people can't work,  med insurance doesn't solve that.  there is no reason to lose a home over a medical issue assuming you can still work.  let them send it to collections, WGAF as a lender we really don't we'll still loan to you after and if the debt gets too high then declare BK.  Clearly if you have assets you should have med insurance otherwise they can grab them but that can also be said for having disability insurance, car insuranc esled insurance.

if i was a person living paycheck to paycheck with barely a pot to piss in i'd rather spend my money on disability insurance than med insurance.  

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

med disaster usually causes the loss of the house because people can't work,  med insurance doesn't solve that.  there is no reason to lose a home over a medical issue assuming you can still work.  let them send it to collections, WGAF as a lender we really don't we'll still loan to you after and if the debt gets too high then declare BK.  Clearly if you have assets you should have med insurance otherwise they can grab them but that can also be said for having disability insurance, car insuranc esled insurance.

if i was a person living paycheck to paycheck with barely a pot to piss in i'd rather spend my money on disability insurance than med insurance.  

There was a study in 2008 that said 42% of foreclosures started with a medical problem, in an ideal world people have health and disability insurance, we don't live in that world, many people are living paycheck to paycheck with credit card debt just to get by add in a big hospital bill it's allover. I just spent 1 night in the trauma center the bill was a little over 20,000, had I been not insured and on the edge that extra bill helps put you under.