PERSONAL opinions of an OPP SAVE officer

20 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Doesn't look like snowmobiling is the issue, it's the Essential Travel Order. Sled from home but you are only allowed to drive for Food, medication or medical care. No Hotel reservations either. 

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/59922/ontario-declares-second-provincial-emergency-to-address-covid-19-crisis-and-save-lives

No I do not mean to speak on Sean's behalf or represent this Thread in any way.

I'm expecting an update at some point this afternoon, but not holding out any hope it will be definitive.  By strictest definition the essential travel order negates any sledding.  But reading further you see where exercise and recreation is allowed.  It will depend on how they define this within the regulations themselves. I've already spoke directly to the OFSC this morning and they are just as confused as anyone about this and awaiting further clarification.  In the meantime, if you need to exercise for physical or mental health, I suggest you do it.  Avoid trails that are red or closed.  Do not stop trailside in large groups and use common sense.  I agree this sucks but we are all in it together....

Sean

• Like 1
  • Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not work related...or sled related, but you guys are like family...weird, fkd up family..   It's official, gonna be a grandpa!!

All, As in the previous FS I am willing to lend my expertise like any others on this forum.  I will attempt to answer any and all relevant question you have regarding sleds, ATVs and general enfo

Thanks,just wondered why the double standard.Best one was the cows that got out after a crash.Closed the hwy for a day and we didn't find all the cows for 2 weeks.Guess they didn't have 4 pt restraint

Posted Images

Hopefully at some point, Sean will be able to respond on behalf of the OPP, who enforce the rules. My thinking is, if sledders are allowed to be out and about, on open trails, it would be nice if sledders could print out a copy stating that, and carry it with them, so if there was a confrontation, the letter could be produced, to help clear things up quickly without having to get into a huge confrontation. It has to be clear to all, so in my books, it,s either yes or no. We all know there are a few good cops, like Sean, but unfortunately, sometimes we do encounter one that isn,t so nice. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Hopefully at some point, Sean will be able to respond on behalf of the OPP, who enforce the rules. My thinking is, if sledders are allowed to be out and about, on open trails, it would be nice if sledders could print out a copy stating that, and carry it with them, so if there was a confrontation, the letter could be produced, to help clear things up quickly without having to get into a huge confrontation. It has to be clear to all, so in my books, it,s either yes or no. We all know there are a few good cops, like Sean, but unfortunately, sometimes we do encounter one that isn,t so nice. 

The latest from OFSC

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ofsc.on.ca/2021/01/13/no-change-for-ofsc-snowmobile-trails-at-this-time/__;!!ABXyrcI!d_5m4cSF8YAk49Aw06fTm6pmiARd2vFlu4Uzm1DN6nRl8b0NZyCJsVhjxOYSj-ogSC_t$

The OPP will continue to treat the trails as normal operations.  There will be scrutiny on groups of more than 5. But expect education, not enforcement. 

Closed trails, helmets, no trail pass and aftermarket exhaust will continue to be high priority items for enforcement. 

Sean

• Like 4