Check your account email address ×

Republican Plan to replace ACA

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Which is why blaming fat poors is fucking stupid.

:lol:  Like people don't have choices of what to eat and how much to exercise.  I'm not in the shape I was 15 years ago but I'll be damned if I'm going to blame anyone but myself.  

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Its a big part of it.  Question is do we want to force doctors, nurses, lab tech and everyone else in the medical industry they are going to have to take a pay cut.  

Dude if you are on medicare or have really good insurance they are going to bill everything they can on you. Whether you really need it or not. 

Just now, Highmark said:

:lol:  Like people don't have choices of what to eat and how much to exercise.  

When the entire food supply is polluted with health altering shit they're allowed to keep a secret, it's kinda hard to make informed choices.

What ever happened to the idea that a free market requires an informed consumer? Oh yeah, that's right, it's advantageous and legal to keep harmful shit a secret. Good for profits, too.

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

When the entire food supply is polluted with health altering shit they're allowed to keep a secret, it's kinda hard to make informed choices.

What ever happened to the idea that a free market requires an informed consumer? Oh yeah, that's right, it's advantageous and legal to keep harmful shit a secret. Good for profits, too.

It's your fault for eating you stupid liberal!

Producer lobbies legislators and manipulates regulators to use ingredients with known adverse health effects in product. Preferably without the need to disclose to the consumer.  

Republicans: Blame consumer for eating it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cold War said:

And yet millions of Americans eat everyday and are not obese.  Go figure.

Better genes? I know tons of people that eat like horses, don't exercise, and never gain an ounce. 

But that's not really the point

30 minutes ago, Cold War said:

And yet millions of Americans eat everyday and are not obese.  Go figure.

Doesn't mean they don't get sick. You can be skinny and still have diabetes, thyroid issues, digestive issues, cancer, heart condition, hypertension, etc...

22 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Better genes? I know tons of people that eat like horses, don't exercise, and never gain an ounce. 

But that's not really the point

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Doesn't mean they don't get sick. You can be skinny and still have diabetes, thyroid issues, digestive issues, cancer, heart condition, hypertension, etc...

I don't disagree on genes playing a big part or  lots of shit food , but the information is out there and you can dramatically increase your odds  if you are not lucky enough to have good genes. 

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I don't disagree on genes playing a big part or  lots of shit food , but the information is out there and you can dramatically increase your odds  if you are not lucky enough to have good genes. 

Well sure but when money is tight not everybody can pay double for organic bullshit free chicken breast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

The best diet is a raw food diet. It has the most health benefits. Eating meat in moderation. However GMOs are not required to disclose or minimal disclosure. Most GMOs need round up or other pesticides/herbicides to fully mature. It's part of the patent. Just know that you are cool eating that without them having to tell you. 

And watch some of those videos on how our meat is raised. Pretty fucking gross. Hormones, antibiotics, salmonella, ecoli, in disgusting conditions. Also genetically modified species are coming to play. And not for healthier options...

How about we quit blaming each other for being fat and sick and blame the mother fuckers who are doing it to us?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

The information is not out there, that's the point.

And why should I have to be a fucking food research scientist in order to not be fucking poisoned by the food I eat?

• Like 1

Saw my buddy with his granddaughter at the store.  Little girl was around 8 weighing a 150.  You don't get that big eating normally.  Child abuse if you ask me.

23 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  Like people don't have choices of what to eat and how much to exercise.  I'm not in the shape I was 15 years ago but I'll be damned if I'm going to blame anyone but myself.  

Should everyone stop eating wheat? 

Wheat harvest protocol in the United States is to drench the wheat fields with Roundup several days before the combine harvesters work through the fields as withered, dead wheat plants are less taxing on the farm equipment and allows for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest 

Pre-harvest application of the herbicide Roundup or other herbicides containing the deadly active ingredient glyphosate to wheat and barley as a desiccant was suggested as early as 1980.  It has since become routine over the past 15 years and is used as a drying agent 7-10 days before harvest within the conventional farming community.

wheat graph 2According to Dr. Stephanie Seneff of MIT who has studied the issue in depth and who I recently saw present on the subject at a nutritional Conference in Indianapolis, desiccating non-organic wheat crops with glyphosate just before harvest came into vogue late in the 1990′s with the result that most of the non-organic wheat in the United States is now contaminated with it.  Seneff explains that when you expose wheat to a toxic chemical like glyphosate, it actually releases more seeds resulting in a slightly greater yield:   “It ‘goes to seed’ as it dies. At its last gasp, it releases the seed” says Dr. Seneff.

According to the US Department of Agriculture, as of 2012, 99% of durum wheat, 97% of spring wheat, and 61% of winter wheat has been treated with herbicides. This is an increase from 88% for durum wheat, 91% for spring wheat and 47% for winter wheat since 1998.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Should everyone stop eating wheat? 

Going on two weeks, I'll let you know how it works out.  So far, I can say a lot of the digestive problems I was having have gone away.   Is it going to cure my massive inflammation , high cholesterol, arthritis, remains to be seen.

Reality is Obamacare is failing.  Any refusal to admit it is being obtuse.  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is Obamacare is failing.  Any refusal to admit it is being obtuse.  

it did give millions of people healthcare that never had it before. they discovered improvement in quality of life. that's huge politically. the GOP won't be able to erase it. 

Edited by spin_dry

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

it did give millions of people healthcare that never had it before. they discovered improvement in quality of life. that's huge politically. the GOP won't be able to erase it. 

What was the churn and turnover rate of those signing up for the first time?  What percentage never  paid a dime while getting services or cancelled immediately afterwords?  Or here's the fun part...what young healthy percentage that were supposed to offset all the "sickies" said, "fuck it!  I'll just pay the $25 fine at tax time"?

It was a start but an epically bad plan in no small part because of our highly trained "entitlement population".

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

What was the churn and turnover rate of those signing up for the first time?  What percentage never  paid a dime while getting services or cancelled immediately afterwords?  Or here's the fun part...what young healthy percentage that were supposed to offset all the "sickies" said, "fuck it!  I'll just pay the $25 fine at tax time"?

It was a start but an epically bad plan in no small part because of our highly trained "entitlement population".

speaking of entitlement, you have been the #1 complainer about the cost of healthcare. 

On 3/8/2017 at 6:42 PM, Biggie Smails said:

Well sure but when money is tight not everybody can pay double for organic bullshit free chicken breast.

Where's the science that proves organic bullshit free chicken breast is any better for you?  

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, Anler said:

and u can have all that shit living on the family farm only eating what u grow and raise .

are u saying those things don't exist in Amish community's