Quiet around here!!!

Things been a little quiet around here so thought I'd post today's run up the Mississippi to St. Croix.

Launched from Prarie Island nuke plant. 

Edited by X2700
  • Like 3
  • 3 months later...

@X2700 ... LOL, I pulled up this thread and thought to myself, "Holy F!" thinking you were out there TODAY   Then noticed you posted this back in July :lol2:

• 1 month later...

I lost access to a heated shop, but did manage to put a new clutch on the Cat last weekend and a new chaincase seal on the Polaris, when the temp was in single digits.  What are the betting odds that any trails in the state will be open on Dec. 1?  We've got enough snow to put around the yard and the nearest lake is white all the way across.  All it would take (for me) is a good 6-8 inch storm.

Edited by p51mstg

There may be snow on the north shore yet, they have quite a bit - but in talking with some of the bar owners last weekend, they aren't moving real fast on getting things cleaned up for 12/1.  I would suspect it will be a few more weeks until things are really opened up...

• Like 1

Kinda the same thing every year.  Swamps.  And they're extra full of water this year.  Still always nice to see the snow though even if it does delay things 

• Like 1

We're heading out on Saturday to finish up signing the sections of trail that we couldn't touch due to crops and/or hunting season.  Once that's done, I'm hoping the switch is flipped and we get into a pattern of cooler temps and SNOW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our swamps are as dry as ever south of the metro.  Super easy mowing and signing this year.  Finished my signs yesterday, others are working through today, and a few others are going to go signing on sleds after the snow tonight/tomorrow.

• Like 2