Check your account email address ×

The 2017 Iron Dog Thread

Wowza.  Team 7 has scratched in Nome.  Not sure of the details yet.  

Team 6 is having trouble too.  Robbie is headed back to Nome.  Brad hasn't moved in several minutes.

Team 4 is sending parts to Koyuk to help Team 16.  Not sure how they are getting to Koyuk in this weather.  Will be interesting for sure.  

1 minute ago, Back Country Rebel said:

I think I figured out how Team 16 was getting their front suspension parts.  Team 20 was carrying them.  Now Team 20 is headed back to Nome.  Wowza.  

Is team 20 going to scratch?

1 hour ago, Back Country Rebel said:

A review of team 4's transponder and it looks like they got 15-20 miles from Nome and stopped, then went back to Nome.  I was told broken a-arm.  It appears Dan had a bad crash and they are done.  That sucks.  

Yes ! That sucks !  I was really pulling for them. What a brutal race this is I can't even imagine what it's like to race it. But hopefully though that they give it another go next year , they're doing very well .  Thanks for the update Tom !   So if a person were to come up and see this do you think you will be at the finish next year.  This is really high on my top of my list of places to be at . 

24 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

Really makes me feel bad about how wimpy I am when I am sledding. I am usually worried about groomed trails and a really good lunch spot. 

I have a video on YouTube. It shows the conditions of what it could be like right now because of the fresh for the snow and the wind picking up. John Woodberry on a trail team recorded that video. You get  goosebumps just  watching it. 

4 minutes ago, farmereddie said:

Yes ! That sucks !  I was really pulling for them. What a brutal race this is I can't even imagine what it's like to race it. But hopefully though that they give it another go next year , they're doing very well .  Thanks for the update Tom !   So if a person were to come up and see this do you think you will be at the finish next year.  This is really high on my top of my list of places to be at . 

I will likely be at the start and finish again next year.  My wife may be in Arizona but I will most likely be here.  Hahahaha

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey Tom good to see you here :bc:  

Are you in Arizona now??

Going good Vince.  Back in AK now.  We spent the first part of Feb in Cali but we are home now.  Headed to Asia in March through early April.  No Arizona this spring for us.  

• Like 1

The leaders are making good time on the overland portion of the trail from Unalakleet to Kaltag.  Hard to tell for sure but it seems like the Cats are catching up to the Doo's.  I'm guessing they will both hold up in Kaltag but they may decide to move on to Galena.  Kinda depends on what the visibility on the river is right now.  

Shaping up to be a good race out front.  

Lots of teams scratching today.  Heard Palin has suspension trouble and is back in Nome.  No more details other than that for now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Nicks sled in Koyuk.  Palin was delivering their parts but they are back in nome now.  Hard to say what will happen to Team 16 at this point.

16681741_10211023184608283_7600022243064

I'm just guessing but it seems as though there may be a small problem with the right A-arms/spindle.  I just glanced though...prolly normal. :lol:

Fuck me!  He limped that shit in there?  Jesus.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I'm just guessing but it seems as though there may be a small problem with the right A-arms/spindle.  I just glanced though...prolly normal. :lol:

Fuck me!  He limped that shit in there?  Jesus.

Rode it over 60 miles like that.  Through rough frozen tundra and a nasty ground storm.  

• Like 1