Check your account email address ×

Boomers!

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's not even the real problem. Who's going to stop American companies from chasing cheap foreign labor? 

I have said that for decades, when Unions demanded high wage increases companies either moved offshore, went out of business or had foreign companies make their products.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, motonoggin said:

It's much too late to reverse anything. The cake is baked. 

The cake was delicious....the cherry pie is next.   Will let u figure out....maybe Marxism

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Um didn't you run from firecrackers when out to eat with your buddy and currently brag about your "bug out" vehicle to get to your "safe space"..

:lol:

Now that was a lame reach. Hopefully you didn’t throw out your shoulder. 

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I have said that for decades, when Unions demanded high wage increases companies either moved offshore, went out of business or had foreign companies make their products.

So American workers should be paid shit wages in the name of corporate profits…SMH.

BTW fuck safety and environmental standards while were at it.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

14 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's not even the real problem. Who's going to stop American companies from chasing cheap foreign labor? 

The American people, same as Canadian people etc etc.   Don't count on anyone else, ie government.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

So American workers should be paid shit wages in the name of corporate profits…SMH.

BTW fuck safety and environmental standards while were at it.

Look at what the alternative has been, almost everything is now built off shore America.

When I was a kid zero anything came from China.

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Look at what the alternative has been, almost everything is now built off shore America.

I understand that but you are blaming unions and American Workers and when you were a kid a family could live a comfortable life on one income so why shouldn’t that standard have been carried forward? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand that but you are blaming unions and American Workers and when you were a kid a family could live a comfortable life on one income so why shouldn’t that standard have been carried forward? 

My dad had to work 2 jobs to support his family, we never lived comfortably, barely had food some days, I ate dry bread for lunch many days. Dad worked 54 years at one place and never made over minimum wage while there he sold cardboard that came from the furniture crating where he worked, he quit school on the 7th. grade to help his folks survive.

So many places went out of business or moved out of country as many things could be built cheaper overseas.

What do you think the solution is?

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

My dad had to work 2 jobs to support his family, we never lived comfortably, barely had food some days, I ate dry bread for lunch many days. Dad worked 54 years at one place and never made over minimum wage while there he sold cardboard that came from the furniture crating where he worked, he quit school on the 7th. grade to help his folks survive.

So many places went out of business or moved out of country as many things could be built cheaper overseas.

What do you think the solution is?

Well that’s a sad tale Don which makes it all the more pathetic that you blame the American Worker…I don’t have the answer but I know that pointing the finger at American Workers is wrong.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Well that’s a sad tale Don which makes it all the more pathetic that you blame the American Worker…I don’t have the answer but I know that pointing the finger at American Workers is wrong.

I'm not blaming the workers however when they ask for too much or else we strike it can and does cause companies to fold or move off shore so what possible good does demanding so much do to help them? The opposite happens.

IMO, the worker is unhappy they should move on to a better job somewhere else where that type of job pays more.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I'm not blaming the workers however when they ask for too much or else we strike it can and does cause companies to fold or move off shore so what possible good does demanding so much do to help them? The opposite happens.

IMO, the worker is unhappy they should move on to a better job somewhere else where that type of job pays more.

You just blamed  them again and are you saying that your dad was happy making minimum wage and you eating dry bread? Is that that the standard of living we should all be happy with? Your generation   put us in this shitty situation and your answer is for the rest of us to suck it up…WTF

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

43 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

That was boomers

33 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Lots came from Japan then old guy 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

You just blamed  them again and are you saying that your dad was happy making minimum wage and you eating dry bread? Is that that the standard of living we should all be happy with? 

I only said they shouldn't ask for too much as can can cause those businesses to shut down, again how does that help the workers, now they have no job.

My dad refused to leave his job as he was very unskilled and the Furniture place kept him on during the Depression so I guess he thought he owned them.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Lots came from Japan then old guy 

Not at first, but when it did start my dad would look at where things were made and if it said Japan he put it back. When I was young almost everything in stores was USA made. Why did it change?

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I only said they shouldn't ask for too much as can can cause those businesses to shut down, again how does that help the workers, now they have no job.

My dad refused to leave his job as he was very unskilled and the Furniture place kept him on during the Depression so I guess he thought he owned them.

They offshored because fuck the American Worker, fuck workplace safety and fuck the environment. 

Just eat your dry bread and be happy with whatever you make or move along.

Exactly what I did, I too worked at the store my dad worked at, $1.25/hour, I only stayed there for a few months. I made much more money as a Lifeguard on the lake I lived on.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Not at first, but when it did start my dad would look at where things were made and if it said Japan he put it back. When I was young almost everything in stores was USA made. Why did it change?

Corporate greed. Wall Street even ourselves. Anyone with a 401K or stock is to blame.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

US business reap off taxpayers when you think about then send their product builds to China.

Thats because our govt sold us out. Those "trade deals" were designed to profit off of third world labor while they turned us into a debt slaves

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

It always amazed me that we demand so much from the American worker to make the product but don't want to pay them. Yet when it comes time to sell the product, the white collar crowd thinks it's a piece of gold (obscene profits). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1