Check your account email address ×

Is there a democrat that doesn't try to raise taxes?

MADISON – While Gov. Tony Evers is trying to take credit for historic tax cuts authored by the Republican Legislature, Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC) – through its affiliate, WMC Issues Mobilization Council – is telling the truth about his history of vetoing tax cuts and proposing over $1 billion in new taxes.

In a new television ad, WMC informs Wisconsinites about the real Tony Evers.

“In one of his very first acts as governor, Tony Evers vetoed a middle-class tax cut,” the narrator says in the ad. “He tried to raise the gas tax and pushed to increase the cost of your heating and electric bills. Evers even tried to raise taxes on manufacturing jobs.”

The 30-second spot began airing on broadcast television this week, and it is part of a significant investment by WMC Issues Mobilization Council to educate Wisconsinites on issues important to our state’s economic competitiveness.

“Over a billion dollars in tax increases,” the narrator continues. “That’s why you can’t trust Tony Evers.”

The Facts:

• Gov. Evers’ first veto of his term rejected a nearly $500 million middle-class tax cut passed by the Republican Legislature.
  • Gov. Evers proposes raising the gas tax by nearly 25% in addition to tying automatic hikes to inflation, which is currently seeing record highs.
  • Gov. Evers proposed doubling the state’s energy tax, which would have raised ratepayers electricity and heating bills by $100 million – on top of already skyrocketing energy costs.
  • Gov. Evers sought to increase taxes on manufacturing jobs to help pay for a budget that would have increased spending by more than eight percent.
  • Gov. Evers said raising taxes in his first budget by $1.3 billion was “small” and that it was “pretty close” to not raising taxes.

Just now, racer254 said:

Don't hijack this thread, go start your own and we can talk about how Evers ruined those jobs too.

It was a topic in one of the links that you posted. That makes it fair game.

Biden will clean us out by the end of his term. Our only hope is that the REPUBS take the Senate and House back, and stonewall the fukker for two years.

Biden signed a health care act today, covers more people. My taxes are insane now, but I gotta' pay more for other people. 

Obama was there with him. Pelosi belongs in an assisted living facility.

Room-full of wretched, old fucks. 

Obie can talk though, I'll give him that.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

what ever happened to the 13,000 Foxconn jobs walker promised? 

download - 2022-04-06T075237.366.jpg

• Haha 3

So no one can answer the question?  Democrats just want more taxes, no matter if it is needed or not I guess.  Just a way to put more hurt on the middle class and their energy independence.  Seems like that is the goal of climate change as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Biden will clean us out by the end of his term. Our only hope is that the REPUBS take the Senate and House back, and stonewall the fukker for two years.

Biden signed a health care act today, covers more people. My taxes are insane now, but I gotta' pay more for other people. 

Obama was there with him. Pelosi belongs in an assisted living facility.

Room-full of wretched, old fucks. 

Obie can talk though, I'll give him that.  

The plan will get all the diabetics on treadmills.  

The Foxconn deal fell apart as soon as Tough Guy Tony stepped into the picture. Like the deal or not, you aren't putting that on walker. Tony has actually given them tax breaks despite Foxconn not holding up their end of the deal. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, soeaster said:

Short answer is "NO". There are NO democrats that won't try and raise taxes.

Thank you, but seems no one else wants to answer this question truthfully other than you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Thank you, but seems no one else wants to answer this question truthfully other than you.

My only wish is that the dems are squeezing the dimes out of your account. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

My only wish is that the dems are squeezing the dimes out of your account. 

Well, every time you make a fool of yourself on this forum I chuckle.  Some days I am laughing non stop.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, every time you make a fool of yourself on this forum I chuckle.  Some days I am laughing non stop.

You seem like an angry little bitch on a merry-go-round. Same shit…day after day. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Holy lack of self awareness Batman!🤣

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You seem like an angry little bitch on a merry-go-round. Same shit…day after day. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Holy lack of self awareness Batman!🤣

LOL  This fits perfectly.  As spin has no self awareness.