Check your account email address ×

The propaganda is just incredible

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

For now it would be overnight on route to Port Charlotte, FL.

I was just looking at places across the river....im slowly talking my dad into buying a place down there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

For now it would be overnight on route to Port Charlotte, FL.

I have a ford transit that started out as a passenger van. Medium roof. The build out is framed with 8020 extrusions. Fully self contained. Fridge/kitchen, AC, 400ah of lithium with solar. Also has a Webasto gasoline heater queen bed with side flares. You wouldn't need all of that. I suggest a transit or Promaster passenger van. Pull out the seats and throw in some cots and a portable compressor fridge. You can always add as you go. 

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We're on a saltwater canal.

Yup...that’s what I’m after. Just stayed in Cape Coral on a salt canal and it was fucking amazing. Heading back down in June I think 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I have a ford transit that started out as a passenger van. Medium roof. The build out is framed with 8020 extrusions. Fully self contained. Fridge/kitchen, AC, 400ah of lithium with solar. Also has a Webasto gasoline heater queen bed with side flares. You wouldn't need all of that. I suggest a transit or Promaster passenger van. Pull out the seats and throw in some cots and a portable compressor fridge. You can always add as you go. 

Want something to stay in for a night on route with our pets.  That fits the bill.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup...that’s what I’m after. Just stayed in Cape Coral on a salt canal and it was fucking amazing. Heading back down in June I think 

It was a toss up between Port Charlette and Cape Coral.  We put an offer on a property on cape coral but it didn't go through.  Hot property market right now.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It was a toss up between Port Charlette and Cape Coral.  We put an offer on a property on cape coral but it didn't go through.  Hot property market right now.

Our window is 3-4 years. I’m hoping to time it right with the next pullback. Currently what we are after is in the 1.2+ range and I’d love to get in under a million. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Our window is 3-4 years. I’m hoping to time it right with the next pullback. Currently what we are after is in the 1.2+ range and I’d love to get in under a million. 

We paid 500k and we close June 1.  Has a saltwater pool 3 br, 2 bath.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Are you planning to rent the place out while you aren’t there crusher?

Not at the moment.  

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We paid 500k and we close June 1.  Has a saltwater pool 3 br, 2 bath.

Not at the moment.  

Wow...that seems really good for saltwater access. Most of the canal lots are going for 350-400k

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I was just looking at places across the river....im slowly talking my dad into buying a place down there. 

Great area.  Folks had a couple places in Ft. Myers for years.  Prices are pretty stupid right now though.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Crazy.  We have a bunch of friends over in Jupiter area, that we've been sniffing around for a bit now.  Almost hoping for a recession so the prices will come back to normal.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Great area.  Folks had a couple places in Ft. Myers for years.  Prices are pretty stupid right now though.

Crazy.  We have a bunch of friends over in Jupiter area, that we've been sniffing around for a bit now.  Almost hoping for a recession so the prices will come back to normal.

Problem with the current situation is massive rate hikes coming. Who’s going to be able to afford all these million dollar homes when the interest rate on a 30 year is 7%

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Problem with the current situation is massive rate hikes coming. Who’s going to be able to afford all these million dollar homes when the interest rate on a 30 year is 7%

Just rich people who can afford to pay cash when the prices deflate.  

*Not me btw.  We have a buddy who's been flipping some high end condos down at Admirals Cover in Jupiter.  All the rich people who bought the condos originally 30 years ago, are ready for assisted living, so there's a bunch of stuff coming on the market that need some updating, so they can be flipped for 2-300k profit.  But the prices have been going up so fast even for the flips, that it just doesn't make sense any more.

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I told my old man if things work out and we are sitting on 3-400k for a down payment when shit hits the fan in a few years we’ll just eat the fucking retarded interest rates and buy the million dollar shack. Choke on the payment for a year or two until the idiotic cycle repeats and refinance the remaining nut at 1.9% when the bank slashes rates and supercharges the stagnant economy again. 

Theres got to be a way for bottom feeders like me to get ahead in this bullshit boom and bust cycle that typically only serves the rich 

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

*Not me btw.  We have a buddy who's been flipping some high end condos down at Admirals Cover in Jupiter.  All the rich people who bought the condos originally 30 years ago, are ready for assisted living, so there's a bunch of stuff coming on the market that need some updating, so they can be flipped for 2-300k profit.  But the prices have been going up so fast even for the flips, that it just doesn't make sense any more.

We’ve seen this before and we know where it’s heading. When all the shit hits the fan the banks won’t lend to anyone who isn’t rich though. That’s the issue 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I told my old man if things work out and we are sitting on 3-400k for a down payment when shit hits the fan in a few years we’ll just eat the fucking retarded interest rates and buy the million dollar shack. Choke on the payment for a year or two until the idiotic cycle repeats and refinance the remaining nut at 1.9% when the bank slashes rates and supercharges the stagnant economy again. 

Theres got to be a way for bottom feeders like me to get ahead in this bullshit boom and bust cycle that typically only serves the rich 

I guess Florida just makes me nervous given some of the boom bust cycles they've had over the past 25 years.  And right now prices are really high.  I think of the first place my folks bought in Florida more than 30 years ago, in Palm Beach Gardens.  With some updating, a million or more in this market.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I guess Florida just makes me nervous given some of the boom bust cycles they've had over the past 25 years.  And right now prices are really high.  I think of the first place my folks bought in Florida more than 30 years ago, in Palm Beach Gardens.  With some updating, a million or more in this market.  

It's impossible to live in that shithole during the summer. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We’ve seen this before and we know where it’s heading. When all the shit hits the fan the banks won’t lend to anyone who isn’t rich though. That’s the issue 

I want a nice little 3br one story bungalow with a dock in my back yard and a 48' Viking tied up. Or maybe a 2 br condo with a 25' center console.  I'm willing to compromise.   :lol: 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It's impossible to live in that shithole during the summer. 

That goes without saying.  :lol: My company offers a couple travel awards a year.  But because of Covid, they're only doing domestic trips for now.  I qualified late, and all they have left is Marco Island Florida........in July.  Yeahno.  :lol: