Check your account email address ×

Corrupt, Lying Biden

Drill, baby, drill

Steve Feietag
Sat, March 12, 2022, 6:00 AM

A line of off-shore oil rigs in the Santa Barbara Channel near the Federal Ecological Preserve en route to the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary in March 2015. (Al Seib/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

A line of off-shore oil rigs in the Santa Barbara Channel near the Federal Ecological Preserve en route to the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary in March 2015. (Al Seib/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

Most Americans share a concern about our climate. When Joe Biden took office, the U.S. was energy independent, just as it was before COVID hit the world, as we exported more oil than we imported. Gas was around $2 a gallon.

Biden's first week in office, not only did he stop construction of the Keystone Pipeline, but he banned drilling on public land, and also added a lot of restrictions and costs to drilling elsewhere. As a result, the U.S. had to import a lot more oil. Even before Russia invaded Ukraine, gas was up around a dollar a gallon. This had nothing to do with COVID. With our high demand, prices before the pandemic were still reasonable.

So, while the Biden Administration says there are 9,000 permits to drill for oil that are unused, that's a phony argument, as the new fees, new restrictions and the areas of those permits do not lend themselves well to drilling. Due to Russia, gas is now even higher. This is the time for Joe Biden to be a leader and recognize that while in theory his policies are good for our climate, we must return to being energy independent. In North Dakota alone, 500,000 barrels of oil per day just sit in the ground. In Alaska, it's much larger. How does it help our climate to reduce our oil consumption, if that production is made up by Iran, Venezuela, or Saudi Arabia?

While Americans are willing to sacrifice somewhat to help our climate, the current cost to do that help is just too much to bear. High gas prices get reflected in almost everything Americans purchase. It's not just filling the car. It impacts the pricing of almost everything. The current price of oil hurts low- and middle-income Americans the hardest.

Some politicians and others may say "How can we put a price tag on helping our climate?" I say we can. I ask those who say we must sacrifice by paying these current and future high prices to help our climate the following: Will you donate $100 to a good Climate Control Cause? How about $1,000?

There comes a point where the amount we ask Americans to sacrifice is much larger than Americans are willing to pay. I believe most Americans wouldn't mind paying 10 cents a gallon extra, or perhaps 25 cents a gallon extra to help our climate. But I'm convinced that very few Americans are willing to pay $1 or more extra per gallon and the accompanying impact on inflation that causes on other products and food to keep U.S. energy production stifled.

Steve Feiertag is a resident of Royal Palm Beach.

This article originally appeared on Palm Beach Post: America must be energy independent in the midst of rising gas prices

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Biden ‘does not care’ about small-town America, South Dakotans say: 'If he did care, Keystone would be going’

•  

• Joe Biden

Teny Sahakian
Fri, March 11, 2022, 1:40 AM

Joe Biden
Joe Biden
46th and current president of the United States

President Biden has been "absolutely worthless" and "has done nothing for us," residents of a small South Dakota town say as their community continues to deal with the fallout from the Keystone XL Pipeline cancelation.

"He does not care," Paulette, a resident of Philip, told Fox News. "If he did care, Keystone would be going."

Biden revoked the Keystone XL Pipeline's building permit his first day in office over concerns about its potential impact on the climate.

"Biden and his administration ran on Build Back Better, and, that is, from where I'm standing, a load of crap," West Central Electric Cooperative CEO Jeff Birkeland told Fox News. "I think his new slogan should be ‘butchering booming business.'"

Birkeland said the Keystone XL Pipleine was a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity" for Philip, a town with a population of 779. The project would have brought unprecedented growth to their otherwise stagnant community, he told Fox News.

West Central, which is located in Philip, was one of three electric co-ops in South Dakota working on substations for the Keystone pipeline.

Birkeland's co-op had invested $9 million into the project when Biden halted it after one day in office, the energy 

"He's literally pulled the rug out from under us and killed our economy," Birkeland said.

Paulette told Fox News the effect of Biden's decision to cancel the pipeline "was huge. He got no love from this area."

"There was going to be a lot of money coming in here to help our schools, help our community," she continued. "It was going to be a good deal, and he trashed it."

FORMER KEYSTONE PIPELINE WORKER SAYS US ENERGY CRISIS IS RESULT OF BIDEN'S POLICIES: 'WE TRIED TO WARN YOU'

Duane Adair, manager of the town’s only motel, the Motel West, said: "There's no common sense in making that decision to shut down pipelines – and then turn around and we have a problem with not having enough oil."

For three consecutive days this week, gas prices hit their all-time highest mark, with the national average reaching $4.35 per gallon Thursday, according to AAA.

Biden announced a ban on Russian oil and gas imports Tuesday in response Moscow's war on Ukraine. The president warned that Americans would see higher prices at the pump.

The White House has not indicated if it will take action to increase domestic energy production despite supply shortages.

"Do you really think that old sleepy Joe Biden gives one wit about an oil spill? No, he doesn't," Adair said, referring to Biden's citing environmental concerns as his reasoning behind canceling the Keystone Pipeline.

"The helicopter that he rides, Air Force One, the vehicles that he transports in, I bet none of them are electric," Adair continued. "I bet he's not on green energy."

White House press secretary Jen Psaki was asked by Fox News' Peter Doocy on Thursday, "You guys are pushing electric vehicles today. This is a president who talks about the power of our example. Does he own an electric vehicle?"

"Presidents of the United States don’t do a lot of driving," Psaki responded.

One lifelong Philip resident, Rose, said rural America often feels unheard when it comes to the policies coming out of Washington.

"I think we get skipped a lot," she said.

Mike Albrecht, who is left with an abandoned man-camp intended to house up to 1,200 pipeline workers, shared a similar sentiment.

"It just seems like there's no listening to the voices of small towns," he told Fox News.

Paulette said of Biden: "He's done nothing for us. Absolutely worthless."

Teny Sahakian is an Associate Producer/Writer

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yup....time to turn the spigot wide open....get those jobs returned.

Where were all these high paying green jobs that were talked about?.....or was that only with the Build Back  Better or New Green Deal plan.

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yup....time to turn the spigot wide open....get those jobs returned.

Where were all these high paying green jobs that were talked about?.....or was that only with the Build Back  Better or New Green Deal plan.

China's building all our green stuff ...

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You clowns know the US exports 50% of its crude oil right? It’s sold to the highest bidder. 

Yup, it’s a worldwide market. We’ll never runout, but we’ll be subjected to global prices no matter how much we produce.

BUT, I’d rather have Americans employed producing the oil. Drill.

Edited by akvanden
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, akvanden said:

Yup, it’s a worldwide market. We’ll never runout, but we’ll be subjected to global prices no matter how much we produce.

BUT, I’d rather have Americans employed producing the oil. Drill.

Bingo but it’s amazing how many people think that ALL  the oil produced in this country stays here, is refined here and ends up in their vehicles...it’s why this whole “We were energy independent under Trump” talking point is spewed so often.

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bingo but it’s amazing how many people think that ALL  the oil produced in this country stays here, is refined here and ends up in their vehicles...it’s why this whole “We were energy independent under Trump” talking point is spewed so often.

giphy.gif

We were still importing some oil before Biden. I believe we were exporting more NG than we could use though so maybe that is how people were getting to the energy independence part.

Biden has certainly not helped this country with fossil fuel production and I don’t even think that’s debatable, imo. Neither is the fact that his administration is doing everything they can to dodge that fact.

Trump did sign the April 2020 OPEC+ deal though. While I think it was done to help prop up the economy because nobody knew how long the Covid lockdowns would go, it also lined the pockets of a group of fucks that could have EASILY weathered the storm and who refuse to drop the deal even a month or so early to help the world oil prices. 

I personally think that Biden being forced backwards on his stupid ass green deal policies and the opec deal expiring, we might see some relief in fuel prices but I don’t think it will be much. The assholes driving the price bus will keep their glass futures ball pushing that price higher than it should be just to fill pockets. Covid lockdowns was one of the few things in recent history that they couldn’t get around that caused their prices to spiral down. 

• Like 1