Check your account email address ×

How long can they hold them off?

22 hours ago, franks pond said:

tanks all drive away,i see 1 wheeled tank with a fire behind it

Russians developed a simple system to defeat the nazi's Javelin. They instal a wire cage above the tank turret. It keeps the secondary charge from contacting and penetrating the turret. Easy peasy. A 20 dollar fix to overcome a $100k handheld rocket system. Fucking genius. More wasted tax payers money.

48 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Russians developed a simple system to defeat the nazi's Javelin. They instal a wire cage above the tank turret. It keeps the secondary charge from contacting and penetrating the turret. Easy peasy. A 20 dollar fix to overcome a $100k handheld rocket system. Fucking genius. More wasted tax payers money.

Yes but that has had at best limited success. Plus you can see from the turkey shoot on the highway yesterday that none of the tanks have that modifications. Plus the Javelins are just one system sent to Ukraine and that does not take into account the home grown anti tank weapons that have been excellent. Terrain and sheer numbers of hand held anti tank rounds is the problem for Russia. The dead vehicles are starting to pile up.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Yes but that has had at best limited success. Plus you can see from the turkey shoot on the highway yesterday that none of the tanks have that modifications. Plus the Javelins are just one system sent to Ukraine and that does not take into account the home grown anti tank weapons that have been excellent. Terrain and sheer numbers of hand held anti tank rounds is the problem for Russia. The dead vehicles are starting to pile up.

It really doesn't matter. The Russians are going to level Kiev. Putin knows that the west is going to destroy Russia's economy. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

It really doesn't matter. The Russians are going to level Kiev. Putin knows that the west is going to destroy Russia's economy. 

Right but the Russians are out of military reserve and they have yet to make it anywhere near the industrial heart of the country. The Russians could end up in a spot where they cannot hold the land they have. I think even Kyiv is to far in for their own good.

• Gold Member
On 3/10/2022 at 2:36 PM, Polaris 550 said:

I've kinda' thought that I would like to lead a massive division of ABRAMS MA1A

tanks against the Russian convoy. 

I know I'm old 'n crazy.  

Kinda fits, those barrels shoot loads.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Which means they will be in no position to replace the military hardware they have lost.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Right but the Russians are out of military reserve and they have yet to make it anywhere near the industrial heart of the country. The Russians could end up in a spot where they cannot hold the land they have. I think even Kyiv is to far in for their own good.

Tactics of obviously changed. They're leveling cities now with no intention of holding them. We'll see the liberal use of fuel/air munitions very soon. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Tactics of obviously changed. They're leveling cities now with no intention of holding them. We'll see the liberal use of fuel/air munitions very soon. 

Right but the colums of vehicles are stuck on the highways and the warmer it gets the more the country side becomes a mud pit so heavy equipment will be unable to leave the narrow strip of road. Logistics are not great now for the Russians so when the Ukrainians give up on the cities and just attack the line of vehicles behind the advanced it will be ugly.

8 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Right but the colums of vehicles are stuck on the highways and the warmer it gets the more the country side becomes a mud pit so heavy equipment will be unable to leave the narrow strip of road. Logistics are not great now for the Russians so when the Ukrainians give up on the cities and just attack the line of vehicles behind the advanced it will be ugly.

They're within 10 miles of the capital. It's almost showtime for their rockets and artillery. They want to be able to blanket the entire city. 

49 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Kinda fits, those barrels shoot loads.

Wut the fuck is that supposed ta' mean???   

WTF is that?  WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They're within 10 miles of the capital. It's almost showtime for their rockets and artillery. They want to be able to blanket the entire city. 

I understand their goal but the price has been high and they will be quite extended to get it done. Holding the city does not seem likely.

9 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I understand their goal but the price has been high and they will be quite extended to get it done. Holding the city does not seem likely.

I agree with Col Vindman in his latest assessment. This war is going to go on for months and drain Russia dry. This has the potential to turn Russia into another hermit state like NK. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I agree with Col Vindman in his latest assessment. This war is going to go on for months and drain Russia dry. This has the potential to turn Russia into another hermit state like NK. 

The pain has yet to descend on the people of Russia. Going to be tough to put the western life style genie back in the bottle.....will take more than a little propaganda on the tele.

10 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

The pain has yet to descend on the people of Russia. Going to be tough to put the western life style genie back in the bottle.....will take more than a little propaganda on the tele.

It's not just Russia. Apparently Ukraine is quite successful with farming. Tons of wheat and misc stuff is exported around the world. Especially China and various other Asian countries rely on Ukraine essentials. How much of this is real or exaggerated remains to be seen. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It's not just Russia. Apparently Ukraine is quite successful with farming. Tons of wheat and misc stuff is exported around the world. Especially China and various other Asian countries rely on Ukraine essentials. How much of this is real or exaggerated remains to be seen. 

Here is some of that improvised armor at work...

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The true ugliness of war...a couple more tanks destroyed, bodies laying on street....return fire from tanks into the woods....craziness

What's so odd is that that area looks like any road in America. A gas station, street signs, and traffic. Two weeks ago I talked to a couple that's traveled to Ukraine. They said Ukraine had beautiful cities. Amazing old structures. Pretty sad what humans fuck up. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

even if the hermit state thing is true they have natural resources NK could only dream of

• Platinum Contributing Member

The losses on both sides are astronomical....but I always enjoy seeing the Russian side lose more equipment. Still sad to see the loss of life....the legs you see hiding in front of tank didn't stand a chance.

• Like 1