Check your account email address ×

Meanwhile, in the US ...

Just now, spin_dry said:

Some here are furiously masturbating to that post. Give them the decency of some privacy. 

Well the chainmail isn’t wrong....but it’s still a chainmail. Fuck I’ve written the same thing 1000x and so has moto for that matter 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Some here are furiously masturbating to that post. Give them the decency of some privacy. 

Just make sure you have a curtain over your van windows while you're working Rosie Palm.  Or are you no longer living in a van, down by the river?

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That chainmail is nothing more than a stunning indictment of capitalism. Nothing more and nothing that hasn’t been said here countless times 

Misery is a relative concept. I really don’t have that much to complain about. 

DA54A1C4-6981-420E-9432-E205BD711747.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Misery is a relative concept. I really don’t have that much to complain about. 

DA54A1C4-6981-420E-9432-E205BD711747.jpeg

You do realize that you are on here complaining all day everyday right??:lol:

• Haha 8

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Not that I'm cheering on a US Civil War ... but sometimes things need to happen, and whatever it takes to change our current ways, I'm in favor of it .... SOON!!!  This was something a buddy had sent me, and although I know there's some extremes to it the gist of it is pretty damn accurate.

“The American Dream” in 2022:
Both parents wake up in the morning at 4 a.m in a house where they never truly own the property but more or less rent the property off the government by paying property taxes. They say good morning to each other and try to put together a lunch for themselves with food that the price has increased on average 7% in the last year. They don’t get to see their kids off to school in the morning or welcome them home bc both parents have to work a job where they are making less this year than they were last year bc inflation has gone up 7% in the market but their paycheck only went up 3% bc that’s the national average. Then they proceed down the street in a vehicle where they are forced to pay to register, inspect, and perform maintenance on it yearly, on roads that haven’t been redone in years to a gas station that charges them between a .56 cents and .74 cents per gallon tax to “repair” said roads. Once they get to their place of work they work on average 10 hours per day for 5-6 days a week to then be taxed on that money, all while their government tells them what they must do health wise to come to work to pay those taxes that funds them. After all those taxes are taken out of their paycheck they then must still pay taxes on practically every other transaction of money they do, along with a price increase on every good. They get home in the evening worn out, where they hopefully get to see their children who are being raised by the government due to the fact both parents must work, where the government is grooming them to be the next generation of cattle to milk dry in taxes so the cycle can continue. They turn on the tv while they cook dinner to hear from their government officials that they worked all day to fund tell them how “they are the problem” and cause division across the country and when they are up for re-election convince you why you need them to fix your issues. They turn the tv off and walk upstairs and lay next to their spouse hoping and dreaming that one day in 50+ years if they are lucky to make it that long that they might get to enjoy each other’s company for 5 years together in retirement.
The system is so broken and it’s disgusting. I hope people are waking up to the fact that more government regardless of party isn’t the answer. We don’t need politicians they need us, but somehow that narrative has been lost over time. Something needs to change in this country and it needs to happen quick bc the Nation is a dried out tinder box ready to be lit. I know I can’t be the only person tired of being stepped on in literally every aspect of life. It’s almost like we left a place once in our history bc of overtaxation. This isn’t the American dream it’s the American nightmare where you aren’t a free American, you’re a free American to do what you are told.”
-author unknown

National movement to stop paying taxes by individuals and companies could be what's needed to cause revolutionary change without any bloodshed.  You kick a small amount into a national investment account or Trust that is held to pay legal fee's and fines once the govt comes knocking on your door.  They can only go after so many people.   Once the IRS visits you agree and pay your taxes and fines.   The legal fee's or fines come out of the national account as there would be billions in extra because of the IRS's limited ability to go after people.  People would also accept the fines/legal fee's themselves.  No money on this level would force govt change.  Term limits, ban's on lobbying.  Strict control on investments while in office.  Constitutional balanced budget amendment with reasonable tax revenue to GDP limits.  These would be good starting points. 

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Just make sure you have a curtain over your van windows while you're working Rosie Palm.  Or are you no longer living in a van, down by the river?

It took me a while to find the perfect rig. But yeah. It’s pretty nice. No property taxes. No lawn work. Zero home maintenance. I liquidated the house and most furnishings. I kept just enough in storage to get a fresh start when I’m ready to buy another house. It rocks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

National movement to stop paying taxes by individuals and companies could be what's needed to cause revolutionary change without any bloodshed.  You kick a small amount into a national investment account or Trust that is held to pay legal fee's and fines once the govt comes knocking on your door.  They can only go after so many people.   Once the IRS visits you agree and pay your taxes and fines.   The legal fee's or fines come out of the national account as there would be billions in extra because of the IRS's limited ability to go after people.  People would also accept the fines/legal fee's themselves.  No money on this level would force govt change.  Term limits, ban's on lobbying.  Strict control on investments while in office.  Constitutional balanced budget amendment with reasonable tax revenue to GDP limits.  These would be good starting points. 

The problem with that is I don’t want it replaced with what you want to replace it....how do we solve that without a clear victor 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Bold  :bc: Some of us have been saying that for years.  That needs to be the narrative and the public needs to demand it.  Fuck these Washington career creatures

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I’m surprised XCR1250 didn’t post it first.

I'm not surprised that you disagree with what was written.  Maybe it would help if "author unknown" said "Registered Trump Hater" :lol:

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It took me a while to find the perfect rig. But yeah. It’s pretty nice. No property taxes. No lawn work. Zero home maintenance. I liquidated the house and most furnishings. I kept just enough in storage to get a fresh start when I’m ready to buy another house. It rocks. 

We are retiring and moving to the cabin June 1st. My son is buying our house fully furnished and we are gifting him some of our equity to help with his down payment. Great deal for him and we don't have to move or sell a bunch of stuff we don't need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

We are retiring and moving to the cabin June 1st. My son is buying our house fully furnished and we are gifting him some of our equity to help with his down payment. Great deal for him and we don't have to move or sell a bunch of stuff we don't need.

That sounds fantastic. The best advice I can give anyone looking at retirement is to downsize. Take a good look at what’s need and what’s not. Get that unneeded shit out of your life. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That sounds fantastic. The best advice I can give anyone looking at retirement is to downsize. Take a good look at what’s need and what’s not. Get that unneeded shit out of your life. 

We just did it. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Mostly done. He can keep what he wants and sell or give away the rest. My tools are going to stay here under lock and key until the new garage is done at the cabin.2 parking stalls and a single stall with heat next to a heated 12x24 shop. Can't wait.

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Mostly done. He can keep what he wants and sell or give away the rest. My tools are going to stay here under lock and key until the new garage is done at the cabin.2 parking stalls and a single stall with heat next to a heated 12x24 shop. Can't wait.

Very nice ...congrats