Check your account email address ×

50K Homeless Veterans

Rigid1

15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Instead of a 40 billion dollar wall how about building veterans homes like we did after the Korean War?

Agree. Instead of future bullshit wars that DONT have anything to do with our security how about we take care of the vets we already fucked up since there doesnt seem to be enough money to do that. But somehow we always have more money for more war. 

• Like 1

Maybe Gates could dig a little deeper into his trillion dollars and help out?  How about Cuban or Zuckerberg?

They could spare a little.

Funny,. You can be fiilthy rich, bad mouth some Republicans, and still be a hero to the left

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Maybe Gates could dig a little deeper into his trillion dollars and help out?  How about Cuban or Zuckerberg?

Funny,. You can be fiilthy rich, bad mouth some Republicans, and still be a hero to the left

I agree, let's take their money and use it for veterans care. 

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I agree, let's take their money and use it for veterans care. 

You do realize that Bill & Melinda operate the Gates Charitable Foundation, Warren Buffet is a trustee of the foundation and that they both will be giving the vast majority of their estate to charity when they pass.

In 2007, its founders were ranked as the second most generous philanthropists in America, and Warren Buffett the first. As of May 16, 2013, Bill Gates had donated US$28 billion to the foundation. That's about 1/3 of his net worth.

How much do you donate to charity.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You do realize that Bill & Melinda operate the Gates Charitable Foundation, Warren Buffet is a trustee of the foundation and that they both will be giving the vast majority of their estate to charity when they pass.

In 2007, its founders were ranked as the second most generous philanthropists in America, and Warren Buffett the first. As of May 16, 2013, Bill Gates had donated US$28 billion to the foundation. That's about 1/3 of his net worth.

:news:

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

A trillion dollars is a lot..........I think he could go say 500 billion and still be alright.

I know nothing of his charity...........does it benefit veterans?

28 minutes ago, Cold War said:

A trillion dollars is a lot..........I think he could go say 500 billion and still be alright.

I know nothing of his charity...........does it benefit veterans?

Bill gates net worth is about $87B not sure where you get this $1T from. Nobody has hit that personal net worth ever. The Gates Foundation gives money to countless causes in the US and around the world. It was Bill that went to his peers getting them on board with donating the majority of their estates to charity and increasing their annual donations significantly while still alive.

One of the philanthropists who is a huge supporter of US military vets and people in need is Ross Perot. I met him in the Dell cafeteria in Plano Texas a few years ago. He has lunch there regularly and sits down wherever he sees an empty seat. Amazing man.

One of the people I was with told me how Ross was having lunch a few months before and overheard one of the people talking about the challenges he was facing with his autistic child. About a week later the guy gets a call. "There's a doctor in California doing some wonderful things with autism. You and your family have an appointment with him each day for the next two weeks. He will put your child on a treatment program. Don't worry about the costs, all the expenses now and future are mine."

Another one the people there related was Ross went to his favourite restaurant for dinner. Ahead of him was a soldier explaining to the maître de that he was going to propose to his girl friend that night. Ross stepped up after the soldier stepped away and told the maître de to give the soldier his usual table, their best bottle of champagne and that the cost of the meal was no object. Give them the best of everything. Put it on his bill. To him chump change. To the couple huge.

There are lots out there that do lots of good with their money.

Edited by 02sled

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Bill gates net worth is about $87B not sure where you get this $1T from. Nobody has hit that personal net worth ever. The Gates Foundation gives money to countless causes in the US and around the world. It was Bill that went to his peers getting them on board with donating the majority of their estates to charity and increasing their annual donations significantly while still alive.

One of the philanthropists who is a huge supporter of US military vets and people in need is Ross Perot. I met him in the Dell cafeteria in Plano Texas a few years ago. He has lunch there regularly and sits down wherever he sees an empty seat. Amazing man.

One of the people I was with told me how Ross was having lunch a few months before and overheard one of the people talking about the challenges he was facing with his autistic child. About a week later the guy gets a call. "There's a doctor in California doing some wonderful things with autism. You and your family have an appointment with him each day for the next two weeks. He will put your child on a treatment program. Don't worry about the costs, all the expenses now and future are mine."

Another one the people there related was Ross went to his favourite restaurant for dinner. Ahead of him was a soldier explaining to the maître de that he was going to propose to his girl friend that night. Ross stepped up after the soldier stepped away and told the maître de to give the soldier his usual table, their best bottle of champagne and that the cost of the meal was no object. Give them the best of everything. Put it on his bill. To him chump change. To the couple huge.

There are lots out there that do lots of good with their money.

They were reporting it on the news this morning.

Second bold:  Yup, but some guys take a beating for being rich, while others get a pass, based on political leanings.