Check your account email address ×

China’s TicTok is destroying Facebook.

Writing's been on the wall for Facebook for some time now.  The young have fully rejected it.  It's basically just a place for people to post photos of their grandkids these days.  No platform can survive without constantly attracting new users.  Even in the Valley, FB has lost it's luster.  8 years ago, if you were an engineer at Facebook, other nerds would treat you like king shit.  Now if you're an engineer at Facebook, you're nothing special.

Instagram (another fb web property) seems to have really lost its mojo too.  It's just not really interesting anymore.

The problem with Tiktok is it's Chinese spyware and nobody seems to give a shit.  I would never let anyone I care about have that shit on their phones.

I also find it fascinating how China controls Tiktok in their own country.  They're using it as a mind virus on the rest of the world, making people stupid.  In China, after 7 PM or so, the only things you can see on Tiktok are educational type videos and stuff.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Writing's been on the wall for Facebook for some time now.  The young have fully rejected it.  It's basically just a place for people to post photos of their grandkids these days.  No platform can survive without constantly attracting new users.  Even in the Valley, FB has lost it's luster.  8 years ago, if you were an engineer at Facebook, other nerds would treat you like king shit.  Now if you're an engineer at Facebook, you're nothing special.

Instagram (another fb web property) seems to have really lost its mojo too.  It's just not really interesting anymore.

The problem with Tiktok is it's Chinese spyware and nobody seems to give a shit.  I would never let anyone I care about have that shit on their phones.

I also find it fascinating how China controls Tiktok in their own country.  They're using it as a mind virus on the rest of the world, making people stupid.  In China, after 7 PM or so, the only things you can see on Tiktok are educational type videos and stuff.

TicTok has become huge. These highly entertaining apps, starting back with video games, literally squeeze dopamine from the brain. People are so addicted to that shit that they can’t experience any joy from the simple things in life. It’s only going to get worse with virtual reality. I stay as far away as possible from the stuff. I won’t even touch a video game. Facebook can die a slow death as far as I’m concerned. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

thought meta was upset with the new apple program allowing users to opt out of facebook adds costing them money

that too.  Apple's privacy software is costing FB ad revenue, but their problems go farther than just ad revenue.  For the first time in company history, they have lost more users than they've added.

Edited by Matt

37 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

thought meta was upset with the new apple program allowing users to opt out of facebook adds costing them money

Yeah they weren't happy with Apples new software that allowed users to opt out of all that tracking shit.  Cost Facebook 10 billion a year.  Oh well.  Also won't touch Tik Tok, its mind rot.  And worse, its from the Chinese who are using yet another tool to exploit us.  Fuck all of them.  Not happy with the overall blood bath happening right now in the tech sector, but some sanity is returning to the pricing on many of these stocks.  Trump was right about China, and I bet he's enjoying the karma with Facebooks problems

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Facebooks fascism is what is destroying Facebook. They had a huge membership. When you censor a large portion of that membership you're going to lose people

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah they weren't happy with Apples new software that allowed users to opt out of all that tracking shit.  Cost Facebook 10 billion a year.  Oh well.  Also won't touch Tik Tok, its mind rot.  And worse, its from the Chinese who are using yet another tool to exploit us.  Fuck all of them.  Not happy with the overall blood bath happening right now in the tech sector, but some sanity is returning to the pricing on many of these stocks.  Trump was right about China, and I bet he's enjoying the karma with Facebooks problems

had tik tok for one day. I was like do these people have a job?? They all fancy themselves influencers. fucking losers 

47 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Facebooks fascism is what is destroying Facebook. They had a huge membership. When you censor a large portion of that membership you're going to lose people

Nonsense. Facebook is shrinking because of the proliferation of other apps and a staleness factor. 

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Basically just liberal boomers and lurkers and grandkids portraying what they want there grandma to think of them .

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Nonsense. Facebook is shrinking because of the proliferation of other apps and a staleness factor. 

No he is correct a lot of people said fuck this place because of above and it was not hard to find a new place to go 

• Thanks 1