Check your account email address ×

Democrats Use Dreaded Filibuster to Block Ted Cruz Bill Sanctioning Russia’s Nord Stream 2 Pipeline

Affiliates of two European companies that fund Russia’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline contributed to the campaign of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.), who Republicans say has blocked sanctions on the Kremlin-backed project.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Keep in mind we are buying over 200,000 barrels of oil a day from Russia.   Drop in the bucket to what we consume but Germany isn't the only one.   Canada is importing a bunch as well. 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Affiliates of two European companies that fund Russia’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline contributed to the campaign of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.), who Republicans say has blocked sanctions on the Kremlin-backed project.

When haven't the Democrats been soft on Russia?

27 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Of course Ted Cruz wants sanctions to prevent the German/Russian pipeline. His campaigns are financed by American oil companies. 😎

Oh the horror!  An American Senator for American companies.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Of course Ted Cruz wants sanctions to prevent the German/Russian pipeline. His campaigns are financed by American oil companies. 😎

Better than getting financed from a Russian oil company . Remember Russia Russia Russia.  But now it is ok to take money from Russia oil corps as long as you are a D .then there are many many excuses to be made 

Am I right @Mainecat 

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Keep in mind we are buying over 200,000 barrels of oil a day from Russia.   Drop in the bucket to what we consume but Germany isn't the only one.   Canada is importing a bunch as well. 

And why is that 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

And why is that 

Part is the type of oil works really well in some of our refineries.   Less cost to produce.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Oh the horror!  An American Senator for American companies.  :lmao:

Fuck the world is America’s attitude. This country just can’t learn to mind its own business. Didn’t learn a thing from 9/11. Russia tries to sell their natural resources for some profitability and the GOP’ers say sure….but only on our terms. 

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Fuck the world is America’s attitude. This country just can’t learn to mind its own business. Didn’t learn a thing from 9/11. Russia tries to sell their natural resources for some profitability and the GOP’ers say sure….but only on our terms. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.   We shouldn't care what Russia does in Ukraine.   Let Europe handle it. 

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.   We shouldn't care what Russia does in Ukraine.   Let Europe handle it. 

It's about minding one's own business. I find it ridicules, yet very understandable,  that Ted Cruz doesn't think Russia should be able to market their OWN natural resources. 

• Gold Member
18 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Who funded the kid snifffer Biden’s campaign? 

Unbelievable :news:

20 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It's about minding one's own business. I find it ridicules, yet very understandable,  that Ted Cruz doesn't think Russia should be able to market their OWN natural resources. 

Well it goes a bit deeper than that but I do agree we should stay out of it altogether and "staying out of it" had nothing to do with the filibuster.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Well it goes a bit deeper than that but I do agree we should stay out of it altogether and "staying out of it" had nothing to do with the filibuster.  

The only thing that goes deeper is the fucking phony propaganda coming out of the US Congress. 

Edited by spin_dry

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The only thing that goes deeper is the fucking phony propaganda coming out of the US Congress. 

Disagree but still don't want the US any part of it. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Of course you disagree. Ted cruise said it. :lol: 

Whoosh.....straight over your head.   Just like old times. :bc:

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ted is just looking out for American business. :lol: 

When I said "it goes a bit deeper than that" I was not just specifically talking about Cruz's bill but allies in the region and a somewhat legitimate fear of another Soviet Union.  Doesn't make me want to stay out of it any less. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

When I said "it goes a bit deeper than that" I was not just specifically talking about Cruz's bill but allies in the region and a somewhat legitimate fear of another Soviet Union.  Doesn't make me want to stay out of it any less. 

The making of the Soviet Union was a product of poor education, low technology, and an overall malaise of human ambition. Many of the break aways have excellent education and advancing technologies and corporations. The scenario of Russia regaining a union foothold would be impossible under the current conditions. This does, however, show the importance of developing alternate energy. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The making of the Soviet Union was a product of poor education, low technology, and an overall malaise of human ambition. Many of the break aways have excellent education and advancing technologies and corporations. The scenario of Russia regaining a union foothold would be impossible under the current conditions. This does, however, show the importance of developing alternate energy. 

They wouldn't need all the satellite's previously a part of it to become more significant on the world stage. 

The US has been occupying and destabilizing much of the world for over a century so international corps can exploit their resources. 

We needed the soviets to stop the Germans from becoming the world super power and consequently let them become a super power. After spending decades and billions$$$ to destabilize the soviets we now have a new battle for world domination. US, China and Russia. But make no mistake, it's the same oligarchs it's always been pulling the strings. 

• Like 1