Check your account email address ×

Trump, No Fly, Guns and the 85%

This is a dilemma for not only Trump with his flip flop but also for many Republican politicians, 85% of Americans polled believe that if you are on the no-fly list you should not be able to own guns, it's an election year and a thinking person would have to think that the Dems are really going to pound on legislators that voted against a bill that would have prohibited those on the no-fly list from owning guns.....but I could be wrong thinking the Dems would use this issue for political strategy  coffee-n-news.gif

http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

Trump said he's working with the National Rifle Association on the details of a policy that would ban people on the no-fly list from purchasing guns.

"We understand there are problems with that because some people are on the terror watch list that shouldn't be on," he said. "So I'm working with the NRA, we're discussing it and again the NRA has the best interests of our country, it just has the absolute best interests of our country."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-us-must-start-thinking-about-racial-profiling/ar-AAhisuY

Then comes the flip flop, what's it really going to be Donald?

Donald Trump and the National Rifle Association smoothed over a hiccup in their alliance Sunday, agreeing that the government’s terrorist watch lists are unreliable and should not be used to revoke Second Amendment rights, a position also being taken by liberal-leaning civil liberties groups not usually allied with the NRA or Mr. Trump.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee and the NRA synchronized their views as the U.S. Senate prepared to vote on Democrat-backed legislation that would do just that. The bill by Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California would ban firearm sales to people on a terrorist watch list or no-fly list. The bill is one of four gun control measures going before the Senate on Monday in response to the terrorist attack last week in Orlando.

All four measures — two Republican and two Democratic — are expected to fall short of the 60 votes needed to advance. But the Orlando bloodshed and fresh calls for more gun control laws from President Obama promised to keep the issue at the forefront in Washington and on the campaign trail.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/19/nra-lobbyist-agrees-with-trump-on-gun-control-scru/

Edited by Mileage Psycho

show me what the poll question stated that garnered an 85% approval in polls ....I call pure fucking bullshit. Once again .....no shocker that Wince falls for the manipulated idiotic talking points propaganda though

• Platinum Contributing Member

Was Marteen on a do not fly list?   No.   I don't believe he was even on a terror watch list.   Knee jerk laws don't solve problems.  

Government is so fucked up.

The solution is very simple, if you want to ban people on the no fly list from owning guns then make the no fly list REQUIRE that a Judge approve the person being added to the list. 

Until then, people in the know are going to be opposed to removing the 2nd Amendment rights of people who have not been given due process. 

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The solution is very simple, if you want to ban people on the no fly list from owning guns then make the no fly list REQUIRE that a Judge approve the person being added to the list. 

Until then, people in the know are going to be opposed to removing the 2nd Amendment rights of people who have not been given due process. 

So the guy they want to put on a list gets to be there in front of the judge also?

Just looking for clarification on your simple solution.

Edited by Capt.Storm

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

So the guy they want to put on a list gets to be there in front of the judge also?

Just looking for clarification on your post.

Of course, the 6th Amendment guarantees that you get to face your accusers. 

7 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Yes.

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Well regulated......

Here sweetie, let me help as I've seen that phrase misconstrued more than a few times here:

The phrase "well-regulated" referred to a proper fighting militia that was functioning as expected.  Establishing any government oversight of the militia was never the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was to render the government powerless to do so.

There, please pass that along and now we can end that confusion.

the-more-you-know.png

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Here sweetie, let me help as I've seen that phrase misconstrued more than a few times here:

The phrase "well-regulated" referred to a proper fighting militia that was functioning as expected.  Establishing any government oversight of the militia was never the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was to render the government powerless to do so.

There, please pass that along and now we can end that confusion.

the-more-you-know.png

Your opinion.

12 hours ago, Highmark said:

85% of American's don't understand the constitution.  

85% constitutes a sizable independent vote in that number, that very desirable independent vote that can swing a Senate majority one way or the other.

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

show me what the poll question stated that garnered an 85% approval in polls ....I call pure fucking bullshit. Once again .....no shocker that Wince falls for the manipulated idiotic talking points propaganda though

It's right there at the link.

8 hours ago, SSFB said:

Yah no shit it's not due process :guzzle: 5th amendment 

19 hours ago, Mainecat said:Well regulated......

Well regulated is speaking of the Militia. 

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Speaks of the citizens. Pretty simple wording to understand IMO

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Well regulated is speaking of the Militia. 

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Speaks of the citizens. Pretty simple wording to understand IMO

its far more complicated than that

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

its far more complicated than that

I guess that's the problem. People interpretation of it can be so different. Still to much of England in them back then with their four scores and seven years ago bullshit lol. WTF is that supposed to even mean lol